Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I flew my new Mig today. I don't mind saying I was a little nervous after destroying one last year. Three good flights with no squawks.

Comment

• Congrats!

Comment

• Originally posted by radfordc View Post
        I flew my new Mig today. I don't mind saying I was a little nervous after destroying one last year. Three good flights with no squawks.
        You have bigger balls than me thus far. I still haven't even flown my EF SU-30 i bought and built a year ago, let alone unbox the Mig-29 I have...🤣🤣🤣
        And now i'm thinking i need the FW SU-35 to learn on...

Comment

• Congrats radfordc for the comeback! ;)

Update: I am almost done repairing my MiG-29 after my later crash, and this time I'm adding the TV nozzles, so expect some interesting stuff coming up soon on my end! ^^
          (Though I still have a few unvectored videos to publish! ;) )

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
            Congrats radfordc for the comeback! ;)

Update: I am almost done repairing my MiG-29 after my later crash, and this time I'm adding the TV nozzles, so expect some interesting stuff coming up soon on my end! ^^
            (Though I still have a few unvectored videos to publish! ;) )
            The crash / What happened?….If you don’t mind sharing.

Your inverted high alpha flying looks impressive!

-GG

Comment

• Thanks GG!
              I didn't catch it on video this time but essentially another episode of bad-thrustline messing it all up.
              I was performing a kulbit and started at too low altitude. I didn't come out clean and immediately entered a high alpha lock. Had only some 15-20m clearance and it wasn't enough to pull out so I pancaked straight to the ground. Fuselage cracked in half in two spots, ducts slightly crushed and broken (nothing too bad), nozzles came out and a few other areas in the fuselage got cracks. Most of those have been fixed already, I'm waiting for the glue to dry and I'll start re-installing the ducts and adding the TV nozzles.

Comment

• This plane is like a high strung pony...fun to ride until it turns around and bites you in the butt!

Comment

• Only without TV nozzles ;)

Comment

• Comment

• Post repair + VT added or is this video some pre crash period?

Enjoyed it regardless. You are always adding to your maneuver suite.

-GG

Comment

• Thanks!
                        Pre-crash period still.
                        I swear you will KNOW when the video features the jet with the VT installed ^^

Comment

• Comment

• More pre-crash, no VT:

Comment

• Interesting how the inverted high alpha characteristics differ considerably from the non-inverted characteristics.

Anxiously awaiting your first VT video post.

-GG

Comment

• Indeed, so much more stable and predictable with the stabs getting clean airflow! :p

I think I have another couple of un-vectored videos to go (not counting pending air to air stuff that god knows when I'll find time to edit) and then it's vectored videos only going forward ;)

Comment

More pre-crash, no VT:

6s and stock fans?

Comment

• Yes. :)

Comment

• Old flights that I forgot to post...

Comment

Yes. :)
                                        AG, reading some of the reviews of the SU35 i became a little bit turned off on it. I read where it's made from EPS foam and not EPO and that it was much lighter (and therefore, more fragile?) than what an EPO foam version would be like. Being that i tend to break things off of these from time to time, i'm wondering if that also means it can't be mended with foam-tac adhesive...
                                        in any case, do you have any thoughts on whether or not there's much difference in the two materials...?
                                        I may be giving myself paralysis from over-analysis, but I just like to know as much as I can before I jump...

Comment

• I like the foam the SU has, it breaks clean so you can glue it back easier. It can't be boiled back in shape. I use gorrilla glue to glue it instead od the usual EPO glues.

Comment

Working...
                                          X