Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When it comes to gardening, there are a lot of things you need to know. For example, what kind of soil is needed for planting a particular plant. How much you need to water the plant and whether it needs to be done. Because otherwise you can spoil the fertility of the earth.

Comment

Hi Guys,

hoping to get some insight. I'm relatively new to the hobby but I have gotten about 40+ flights on my Eflite EDF trainer HABU and very comfortable flying it on 4S now. Since the club I joined is a short manicured grass field, I feel Freewing jets would be the better option in this case. Can anyone advise which would be a safer transition from the Habu between the F-16, F-18, F-22. I will mostly sit to starting 6S and will be utilizing a Spektrum Safe receiver since I got an iX12 at a steal of a price. I would also like the F-14 but I'm sure that one might be over my current capabilities.

On a side note would anyone know why the price difference between RC-castle and MotionRC online?

Comment

Manny Wolf You have to add the shipping costs from Hong Kong for a fair comparison.

Comment

F-22

Comment

Originally posted by SanExup View Post
            Manny Wolf You have to add the shipping costs from Hong Kong for a fair comparison.
            I did, RC castle still came out $100 cheaper considering I'm in Canada.

I'm assuming you would get better post sales support if ordered from motion?

Comment

Simple, order it from where you get a better value.

Comment

Originally posted by Manny Wolf View Post

I did, RC castle still came out $100 cheaper considering I'm in Canada.

I'm assuming you would get better post sales support if ordered from motion?
                I've ordered stuff from RC Castle before and am very satisfied with them (shipping to the US). Not sure how long a large box aircraft would take, but I ordered 2 FMS fans for the SU-30 recently and they arrived 3 1/2 weeks after I ordered, IMO, not bad. RC Castle shipped immediately, however, it ended up going through customs over there first for over almost a week (you can track their shipments as well). Once they released it, came to California and then on to me in about a week.

Regarding which to go for next (I fly off of grass as well), you may want to go to a 6S EDF like the Avanti or Stinger 90 first, then on to either the F-16 or F-22. I would also throw in the F-4 as it flies a little similar to the Stinger 90. All of these will be faster and require you to hone your EDF landing skills compared to the Habu. The F-18 (and I have 2 of them), is a great flying jet but has a few quirks that requires a little more experience. You should have no problem taking off and flying any of these, however, each lands just a little bit different (especially from the trainer Habu) and you will need to master that. After flying prop planes, including 3D aircraft, I moved to EDF's and it was a bit of a challenge adjusting to the increased speed (and quicker responses that can get you in trouble fast) but most of all learning how to land with just the right amount of speed to avoid a stall, yet slow enough to get the nose up on landing without it gaining altitude. Takes a bit of massaging with the throttle at just the right moments, quite a bit different from the Habu. IMO, the Avanti and Stinger 90 is the perfect transition EDF in going to the F series and once you get consistent in landing either one, you're ready to take the next step (and you will have plenty of "landing oops" with any of the "war jets" at first especially after only flying the trainer Habu-which lands way too easy). Hate to say it, but the twin 80 mm A-10 is probably the easiest EDF to fly and land, but that's another story.
                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Raymond at RC Castle is an awesome guy and provides great service but if I had to send something expensive back for whatever reason I know I'd rather be dealing with Motion.

Shipping out of Asia is a bit of a lucky dip over the past year but I suspect that's more to do with the state of the borders here in Fortress Australia/Leper Island. I tried to get cute ordering a cheap(er) F14 ARF+ and it's been sitting in Dongguan for almost 3 months now lol. Not from RC Castle btw, who have since got them back in stock. A lesson in price vs value I guess.

Oh and +1 for the Avanti. That plane even melts the hearts of strictly scale enthusiasts and gas/balsa devotees.

Comment

Working...
                  X