Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jlink125 View Post
    Probably because they don't have flaps.
    Rearward view showing fully deployed flaps, left elevon up, right elevon neutral
    and rudder to the right.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	F8C01319-7423-4273-8BC0-BAF7D883A714.jpeg
Views:	765
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	272421

Comment

• Oh no you didn’t!

Comment

• Those are elevons

The wings were midbody-mounted to provide clearance for underwing stores, each wing having a leading-edge flap, plus two trailing-edge drooping "elevons" to improve short-field performance and maneuverability.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Belluomini View Post
          Those are elevons

The wings were midbody-mounted to provide clearance for underwing stores, each wing having a leading-edge flap, plus two trailing-edge drooping "elevons" to improve short-field performance and maneuverability.
          Ok, then what are the outboard devices that look like ailerons

Comment

• They likely didn't because it would add weight cost and complexity, that many would deem unnecessary for the model.
            And indeed the jet certainly does not need them to fly fantastically.

Personally I would have digged the jet having the split full-span elevons, but I bought regardless so...
            How many people would have been turned off by the wings having 2 servos each instead of 1 and all mixing associated?
            Certainly more than those who will not buy the jet because it didn't feature split elevons (if any).

I would also have prefered full span elevons with 17g servos too, if split elevons were not to be, but then again... not like I'm complaining! ;)

Originally posted by janmb View Post
            Meh, that's nothing compared to Norway! We have contributed with plundering, arson, murder, rape all the way from the Scottish highlands down to Miklagard (Istanbul). In short - vikings! :D
            ROFL.
            That made my day.

Originally posted by Spinny Testaverde View Post
            🧐
            That is sweeeeeeeeeet! :DDDDDDDD

Notice how 'scale' it looks dragging its arse around!
            There's why I love deltas!

Comment

• Originally posted by Quickstop View Post

Ok, then what are the outboard devices that look like ailerons
              Also elevons.

Comment

• You are correct, apparently they have inboard and outboard elervons🤔

Comment

• Just like the Eurofighter and Rafale ;)

Comment

• Also the mirage and kfir utize multi piece elevons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian
                      Just like the Eurofighter and Rafale ;)
                      And the Draken.
                      Pat

Comment

• James could tell what the landing speed is. That's important. The flaps on the Mig 21 were effective when landing.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
                          And the Draken.
                          Oh yeah! That's another awesome delta!

Comment

• It is possible that the flaps will be finished. I did it on two models and it worked.

Comment

• I worry that the bottom thrust vector servo and push rod will drag on the grass in high angle of attack take offs and landings. I don't have a nice paved runway, but this is advertised as a grass capable jet. Alpha, has the TV unit been tried on grass?
                              Thanks, RT.

Comment

• I really miss my Eurofighter(nothing crashes like EPS). The TV tail was the deal maker on my gripen pre-order. Are you going to make enough of the TV tail? How about a pre-order for them? To add to the nose gear placement discussion...my euro was as tipsy as my ex wife at all day cocktail hour. I had to keep a supply of canards on hand. Don't underestimate how careful you have to be with a tippy aircraft. And what a PITA its is.(just like my ex-wife.)Thank you alpha for the compromise.
                                Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlink125 View Post
                                  Probably because they don't have flaps.
                                  They do

(Or as others have pointed out, inner and outer elevons. The point remains)
                                  Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Less weight is a good thing in my book.

I'd be surprised if the plane already doesn't land pretty slowly given the wing loading and delta wing.

Comment

• Martin Šonka (Extra 300 SR) and Ivo Kardoš (JAS 39 Gripen) show their flying skills.Follow me on:Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/martinsonkaFacebook: ht...

I saw this performance with my own eyes, something incredible. This is the expected GRIPEN. Just for the sake of interest.

Comment

• Comment

• Outstanding!

Comment

Working...
                                          X