Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you think about having gyro on the canards, it will be difficult to get it on all rudders, without a flight controller?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
      I'll be free-drafting a few 3DPUPs for the Gripen on my livestream in an hour from now (9pm EST). BOL, MICA, pylons, and other assorted bits for the Gripen, as well as tank parts, MiG-29 greeblies, etc.

Click image for larger version  Name:	jas39-gripen-05big.jpg Views:	44 Size:	94.1 KB ID:	272778
      Hi Alpha,

any chance you could make them available as a download from the support page? I must admit I wasn't able to watch the stream yet (middle of the night here in Germany) and I was busy with my family during the day. My abilities as a designer are far from the level of a real pro as well...

Best regards,
      Jens

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

I 3d printed overlays for the TV nozzles on my Eurofighters. Very thin, hardly added any weight but looked much better.
        I agree. 3D Printing will definitely be the way to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anders Boström View Post
          what do you think about having gyro on the canards, it will be difficult to get it on all rudders, without a flight controller?
          I think you want the gyro on the control surface with the most aurthority and the most sensitive. In this case, it would be the elevons. "Rudder" is the least sensitive control surface in terms of gyro compensation. Just take a look at any typical gyro. The control surface that requires the most attention for a gyro (and the least amount of gyro gain) is AIL, then the next is ELE. Rudder can take the most gain without over-compensation (oscillation). On an elevon plane like this, if you put the gyro on the delta wing control surface, you've got both compensation for AIL and ELE.

PS. What do you mean by "all rudders"? The Gripen has only 1 rudder. And even if you are talking about gyro compensation for when you add TV nozzles, the rudder component of the TV nozzles is typically "Y'd" to the main vertical rudder, which means it's still ONE rudder.

Comment

• Anders native language refers to the control surfaces as rudders with different types in the name. Im sure he’ll explain it.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
              Did you mean to say C version? C has the twin nose, E has a single.
              You are absolutely right, I stand corrected!

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Belluomini View Post
                Anders native language refers to the control surfaces as rudders with different types in the name. Im sure he’ll explain it.

Exactly, we call it heightrudder, skewedrudder and siderudder, if you translate. 👍😀

Comment

Exactly, we call it heightrudder, skewedrudder and siderudder, if you translate. 👍😀
                  I see. In any case, if you use a gyro, it's only necessarily to control the elevons on this plane. The actually vertical rudder is a bonus and can easily be connected to the rudder channel of the gyro. Even the cheapest, simplest gyro like the HobbyEagle A3-L and be used and set for "elevon" and it'll do the mixing for you. I've used it on a Mirage (elevon plane) and also something similar on an Opterra wing.
                  On a plane like this Gripen, there is no need to gyro control the canards.

Comment

• I watched Janes and Gripen's starts closely and it looks very good. He is more agile and playful than Mig21. And landing without flaps will work. I'm really looking forward to Gripen.

Comment

• Is probably so that gyro on the canard is unnecessary, it is mostly that it is a wet dream for me! 😆

Comment

• Must show the wallpaper in my living room and yes no woman lives in the house! 😁

Comment

Must show the wallpaper in my living room and yes no woman lives in the house! 😁
                          So you're a fighter, now there's no woman living in my apartment, and model airplanes are hanging out in the living room and lounge.
                          When a girlfriend comes, she doesn't believe her eyes ...

Comment

Must show the wallpaper in my living room and yes no woman lives in the house! 😁
                            Wow, looks great! I've got an A340 on the wall of my hobby room - my wife bought it :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
                              I guess that’s the grown up pilots Gripen. Training wheel removed. 🤣

Gravy
                              Yup, this is clearly a pilot that has come to the point of flying solo :P
                              Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                I see. In any case, if you use a gyro, it's only necessarily to control the elevons on this plane. The actually vertical rudder is a bonus and can easily be connected to the rudder channel of the gyro. Even the cheapest, simplest gyro like the HobbyEagle A3-L and be used and set for "elevon" and it'll do the mixing for you. I've used it on a Mirage (elevon plane) and also something similar on an Opterra wing.
                                On a plane like this Gripen, there is no need to gyro control the canards.
                                Definitely agree that the elevons should be the primary, secondary and third priority - at least.

But definitely a bonus to get rudder and canards stabilized as well.

Overall not that difficult, just a matter of choosing a sensible gyro system with sufficient number of channels.

Comment

• Finally hit the preorder button and hopefully its here around halloween. I had sold off all my older stuff, su35, avanti, the big eflite cessna 150, and f86 thinking that is was going to make some room in my workshop. Ha! I ended up replacing those spot with a freewing f14, the new mig29, and with the convincing of my wife for me to just get the gripen, that now too.🥳 Thanks motion for secretly calling my wife and talking about the importance of having a hanger full of awesome planes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Colorc View Post
                                    Finally hit the preorder button and hopefully its here around halloween. I had sold off all my older stuff, su35, avanti, the big eflite cessna 150, and f86 thinking that is was going to make some room in my workshop. Ha! I ended up replacing those spot with a freewing f14, the new mig29, and with the convincing of my wife for me to just get the gripen, that now too.🥳 Thanks motion for secretly calling my wife and talking about the importance of having a hanger full of awesome planes.
                                    I'm glad I'm not the only fool in the world ...

Comment

• Here's to add to the hype of delta-canard thrust vectoring jets!!

Can't wait 'til I get mine!

NOTE:
                                      Canards being used only in pitch, with a GWS PG-03 rate gyro.
                                      3-axis Guardian 2D/3D gyro on the nozzles with gain almost to 100%.
                                      Elevons unstabilized.
                                      Setup is further detailed in video description.

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                                        Here's to add to the hype of delta-canard thrust vectoring jets!!

Can't wait 'til I get mine!

NOTE:
                                        Canards being used only in pitch, with a GWS PG-03 rate gyro.
                                        3-axis Guardian 2D/3D gyro on the nozzles with gain almost to 100%.
                                        Elevons unstabilized.
                                        Setup is further detailed in video description.
                                        Great video! But I’m sure glad they don’t sound like that anymore

Comment

• Originally posted by Quickstop View Post

Great video! But I’m sure glad they don’t sound like that anymore
                                          Hell yes. It even justifies the highly debatable music taste Jandro tends to cover it up with lol

But it is the sound of flight time - unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                                          X