Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we certain that this is indeed scam though? There are plenty more retailers of Freewing products around..
    Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Yes, it's a scam.

Comment

• At least for US buyers $309 plus$125 shipping and it still requires the motor and fan unit, doesn't really seem like a deal.

Comment

• When I clicked buy it was mid month arrival... Come on... When is the TV going to be available too?

Comment

• I actually got a Eurofighter V2 from them.
            Got it before Motion came up saying they were a scam site.
            Maybe I just got lucky.

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
              I actually got a Eurofighter V2 from them.
              Got it before Motion came up saying they were a scam site.
              Maybe I just got lucky.
              Ask the guys in the "scam" thread about how they never saw their money again. That's the thing about scammers. Feed a few and starve the rest. "Lucky" maybe. It's more like that's their business model.

Comment

• Won't contest that. I am just glad I got my Euro.
                Did not place further orders on them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                  When I clicked buy it was mid month arrival... Come on... When is the TV going to be available too?
                  Website says late October, which is what Alpha indicated at launch as well. That said, I’m hoping for a shipping notification any day now and that the TV units are on the same boat.

Comment

• Motion changes the expected date as preorders sell out and new shipments are put up for preorder. I'm pretty sure it was mid October when the first preorder started. I can always be wrong though and if I am i apologize and with sit back and semi-calmly wait some more.

And I guess it really doesn't matter because I won't build it until the TV rear end comes in. At least not a complete build. Probably a semi build to include swapping in my waiting 8S set up.

Comment

• I recall it always being late October and I pre-ordered a few minutes at most after it was up on the MRC website, but would be happily surprised if we get them sooner. In my mind that meant last week of October, so anything sooner is a bonus.

I plan on tacking on the rear and going flying stock. I've got an 8S setup ready, but made myself a deal to get at least 20 flights in in stock form to do an honest evaluation before changing anything.

Comment

• I remember when I bought the Mig29. I waited till the pre-ordered planes started to ship before ordering mine thinking I'd get in on the second batch (being how the first batch was "sold out"). Lo and behold, I got shipping notice immediately and received my Mig a week later. Either someone cancelled or they brought in more than they had pre-sold. Patience is never a bad thing.

Comment

• Hey MRC..any input regarding shipping estimates for EU? I know the Mig arrived earlier than the dates set out on preorder so have hopes it might be anytime soon for the Gripen hehe :)
                          ​​​​​​. Thanks!

Comment

• On Friday it is the 16/10, I count it as late October ... 😛

Comment

• Would it be possible to have this setup?

Ch1: Elevon
                              Ch2: Elevon
                              Ch3: Canards (pitch only) + TV pitch (using a 3 way Y cable)
                              Ch4: Rudder + TV yaw (using Y cable)
                              Ch5: Gear
                              Ch6: Throttle

Comment

• Originally posted by Pegg00 View Post
                                Would it be possible to have this setup?

That's possible but not knowing which type of servos (normal or reversed) are being used, you may need a servo reverser (or 2).

Comment

• According to Motion's website, all servos are standard direction, thus buying a reverse servo for the extra canard will be needed to be able to hook them together on a gyro with a Y-lead.

If you don't plan to use a gyro on canards, you can set them on separate channels.
                                  ...or just resolder servo motor/potentiometer wires to reverse direction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pegg00 View Post

Possible yes, but see the response regarding servo reversal.

Y-ing control surfaces and nozzles is not recommended though, since you don't want surface trimming to also affect your thrust line
                                    Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Then again, I wouldn't use neither canards nor TV to trim. ;)

Comment

• Do it. After each flight do mechanical trim adjustments of the elevons so you are not messing with the canard or TVs.

I assume you are considering this since you have limited channels on your TX or RX? I don't have limitations and won't do it on mine but I'm me and you are you.

Originally posted by Pegg00 View Post

Comment

• I know Alpha said late October but MRC is usually pretty conservative on this (under-promise, over-deliver). Anxiously awaiting a shipping notification any minute now as well as an update on TV availability. Understandably many factors out of their control but we finally have some nice cool flying weather in North Texas.

Comment

Working...
                                          X