Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I didn't want to sound more upset and cut and paste that... At the end of the day James is a Motion employee, in marketing, and not here, on their sponsored forums, in the capacity of a customer. Keeping us updated is part of his job I would assume....

As an aside NCrealestateguy had his new E-Flite V1200 out to maiden and it was awesome. Thinking of canceling this and painting the name "Gripen" on a V1200.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

To add to Evan's comments, on the MRC Gripen web page it states:
      • This is the pre-order for the Freewing JAS-39 Gripen 80mm EDF Jet - PNP. The current expected arrival date is late October 2020. Any changes to the ETA will be posted on this page.
      (Emphasis mine)

https://www.motionrc.com/collections...mm-edf-jet-pnp
      Said they’d post it, just didn’t say when🙄

Comment

• According to tracking mine should arrive tomorrow. In time for lock down 😢

Comment

• Originally posted by Quickstop View Post

Said they’d posted, just didn’t say when🙄
          OK, I can't argue with that logic.

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post
            Hey guys, Happy Halloween. Just sitting down with a coffee and trying to catch up.

Evan D - You sound very upset and I hope all is well. But just send me a PM instead if you have a direct question. It's impossible for me to read through every thread looking for questions directed at me. I don't sit in front of the computer with the forums up and constantly refresh it. I bounce around.

I asked our warehouse manager about the Freewing container on Wednesday and all they said was it's looking like it should be here in early Nov now. That's all the info I have at the moment. I wish I could say it will definitely be here on Nov XX at 12:36pm CST but I can't. I have no idea if it is sitting in customs, if the train ran out of diesel or if the truck driver took a bad detour. It will be here as fast as possible.

Now please, don't get upset if I don't respond here until Monday. It's the weekend and I have a big day of trick or treating and a night full of the wife and I eating our parent tax then a Sunday full of sick bellies and regret.
            James,

I understand you, along with everyone else at MRC cannot control customs and cannot force their hand on releasing containers. The rest of the stuff after customs though is a joke. Trains don't just run out of fuel, and I am sure your third party carriers as well as your LTL carriers all have GPS tracking. Knowing what is going on and communicating that with the people who fronted thousands of dollars is not asking much. Getting on a forum to to talk about trick or treating and how your belly is gonna ache makes you look foolish in the eyes of those who are waiting patiently for answers.

My belly hurts but it isn't from laughing at your horrible attempt at humor. In fact I think I will just cancel my order, that is how funny I find your entire post. Maybe you should have taken this private because it is insulting to all those who have been waiting with no answers. It doesn't matter how many times you got it right. What matters is the one time you didn't, how did you handle it?

Comment

• Jeez, he is just giving his answer some context, don't take it so seriously.

He has no control over the transport - that's all there is to it.

Delays on pre-ordered products are more common than not, so no idea why people get so surprised by that. Especially in these times...
              Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post
                Jeez, he is just giving his answer some context, don't take it so seriously.

Delays on pre-ordered products are more common than not, so no idea why people get so surprised by that. Especially in these times...

Because a simple email or update on the status would have been nice a long time before now that’s why. When you spend money and you’re given an ETA and that time closes in with no communication, well people tend to get a little cranky. I never said he had any control over transport but they damn sure know they weren’t arriving so instead of just sitting silent put an updated ETA out there so people know what’s going on.

You should skip paying your electric bill this month. When they call, blame it on COVID and let me know how that works out for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post
                  Jeez, he is just giving his answer some context, don't take it so seriously.

Common courtesy is to let your customers know what's going on when you've had their money for 9 weeks and not delivered when you said you would.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eolithic View Post

James,
                    In fact I think I will just cancel my order, that is how funny I find your entire post.
                    These are models, which are in fact toys, and your temper tantrum over them is ridiculous.

You’re not in a real airplane flying a traffic pattern.
                    No need to announce you’re departing. 🖐🖐🖐

Comment

• Well, hopefully the staff at Motion had a great weekend off and are ready to come back to work this morning. For me it's another day of retirement sitting in front of the computer in my PJs waiting on updated status on my Gripen and ANY status on the TVs.

Happy Monday y'all!

Comment

• Someone threw a temper tantrum?

Originally posted by JLambCWU View Post

These are models, which are in fact toys, and your temper tantrum over them is ridiculous.

You’re not in a real airplane flying a traffic pattern.
                        No need to announce you’re departing. 🖐🖐🖐

Comment

• Web site has been updated.

JAS 39 Gripen 80mm EDF Jet - PNP from Freewing - FJ21815P Version Info: As of 9/5/2023 this model now comes with the upgraded 3658-2150Kv inrunner brushless motor and a newly designed 12-Blade EDF. The JAS 39 Gripen’s unique delta wing and canard configuration endows it with excellent agility, most notably a tighter tu

"ETA is Early November. See below for details."

Comment

• Well darn, now I have nothing to do today...

Comment

• Any of our EU friends have flight reports for us yet?

Comment

• Hey everyone, the website got updated yesterday around 12pm CST to reflect the Early November arrival time. Shouldn't be long now.

Evan D -

1. I have emailed the shipping manager to try and find out the story on the TV units. I am 95% sure they are in the container with all the spare parts, but when I get confirmation, I'll post it up here.

2. I am reading back on some of your other questions and in reference to the 23g servos, they will arrive on the website when they come in a container. Remember the 23g servos were always going to come to start upgrading all the aircraft that use the 17g servos regardless. They just happened to have the first run ready and we asked if they could airfreight us enough for the MiG's we had sold. Those will start appearing in many aircraft over time anyway and will surely show up as a separate spare part eventually. But we only do pre-orders for aircraft, never smaller bits like that.

3. Regarding the 'notify when back in stock' button. I believe I saw you mention that here or on RCG but whether something is has been in stock and went out or something is yet to be in stock, we have always had that bright orange button say the same thing and hope people who have interest use it. Check any coming soon products from boats to the new ZOHD aircraft models we have in the coming soon section and the button is the same. It's just an excellent way to guarantee yourself an email that a product you want is now in stock and available to purchase without having to refresh the website over and over

Eolithic

1. By the time you posted, the website already reflected the new ETA, which again, is just an ETA. If there was some catastrophic shipping issue that changed the ETA from late October to say December then we, of course, would take action to notify everyone on the pre-order list about that kind of status change. But the difference seems pretty negligible as we are talking days, maybe a week, difference. To me, and ETA of late October could mean mid-October or Early November anyway. Maybe in the future, we will try to phrase this differently but either way, they will arrive and ship as soon as possible. Shouldn't be long now.

2. I am sorry you didn't get a laugh at my joke. But it was made in gest as people will ask me questions in the thread which I may miss as there are tons of threads. But also, I don't work on weekends and I do my best for my sanity to avoid all RC and use that precious time to be with my family. I didn't want anyone thinking I was avoiding them if I didn't respond until Monday when I am back at work. But again, if you ever have questions for me it is always best to PM me. I can easily see a PM and respond more promptly than having to try and find questions directed towards me. I just happened to be on the forum Saturday morning, saw Evan and others seem disappointed so my hope was to ease their frustration. But again, I didn't really have much to add that wasn't already stated, the new ETA is early November. Regardless of why the ETA changed doesn't really matter, does it? It won't get them here any faster.

Overall, It's always a fun time when a forum thread for pre-order changes over to user experiences and I can't wait to see all that people do with their Gripens. From the customizations to the canards in only pitch, to the TV craziness.

But everyone, please don't be afraid to PM me if you ever want to ask me something, or jump in the LIVE show on Fridays and talk with us there or hit me up on Facebook. I am not hard to find and will always try to help everyone I can as fast as I can.

My belly doesn't want to see another Reese's Peanut Butter Cup until at least tomorrow

Comment

• Thanks James.

Comment

• Mine has arrived :D

Comment

• Plane arrived today morning
                                      Happy Monday from Finland
                                      Attached Files

Comment

• For you guys in Europe ..................... turn around is fair play. I'll bet in the past, you were quite ticked off seeing N. America get new Freewing models a few weeks before you did. Now, some of us get to sit on our hands and stew over it and get huffy.
                                        OK, more pics and let the videos start.

Comment

• I didn't get any tracking code or message from Mrc. The package had just been brought to the door in the morning, interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                          X