Gravy
    Me too.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

It's "knickers".
      No, it's snickers :D

All depends.

Don't get your panties in a bunch :P
      Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Just got a shipment notice! YAY

Comment

• Me too, TVs still no change.

Comment

• Hey guys, Update:

Yes, the Gripen container has arrived, but I made a mistake regarding the TV units in my last post. I said I was 95% sure they were on this container, but they aren't and I should have known better, allow me to explain.

Whenever we announce an aircraft for pre-order from Freewing, we never do it until the containers for the US and EU are loaded and left the factory., so go back to our live announcement video I didn't have the TV unit with me, that got airfreighted to me directly from Freewing a few weeks later when they completed those.

So I should have known they had not been finished and shouldn't have got anyone's hopes up. For that, I apologize. 100% my goof. But they are on the way and I will update everyone when I have a firm ETA.

But, that said, for anyone with any intention of eventually upgrading to the TV unit, you 100% do not have to glue in the back part of the fuselage to the point where you'll never get it apart. The back part of the fuse which the TV unit will replace is just foam and 2 long carbon tubes. And the beauty is that half the vertical stab gets screwed to that section. See below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201105_124711.jpg
Views:	859
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	284278

That the Gripen I have with the TV unit installed. Justin and I just put 4 nice dabs of foam tac on the flat parts of the foam that meet, none on the carbon spars or on any little crevices and that's how we flew it for the video and how it remains right now. I can easily slip a razor blade through the seem and swap from the TV back to the original if I want to. So between the foam tac, the carbon spars and the screw there is plenty of security.

Either way, I wanted to get this info out there now that the container arrived and I 100% apologize for believing differently, I should have realized.

Excited to see everyone's flights.

Comment

• Thanks for the update James. You say they are on the way, does that mean in a container and on a boat and left the port?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                Thanks for the update James. You say they are on the way, does that mean in a container and on a boat and left the port?
                I can't confirm that at the moment. But as many might assume, we get Freewing containers pretty often compared to others. There is pretty much always one on the water. But when I know, I'll update everyone

Comment

• Just to be a bit clearer, here is the stock back fuse. I marked the spots (in gold marker) and general size of the foam tac I applied to the TV unit version that I installed on a Gripen. With foam tac there, the 2 spars and the screw into the Vertical, she's not going to go anywhere and can be easily removed with a hobby blade for when you want to try the TV later.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20201105_131606.jpg Views:	0 Size:	65.2 KB ID:	284288

Comment

• Got my ship notice as well. I am quite disappointed that the TV units are not available. TV is the reason I bought the aircraft. Motion is great company to deal with. I have been waiting on a hobby king (usa warehouse) order to ship for 35 days now. I Keep getting the run around. At least motion will put out the info. My concern is there won't be enough TV units when they arrive. I signed up for notification from motion but I would really like the security of some pre order or reserved units for the people who pre ordered.
                    Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                      I like the vane you made for the spar to reduce drag... any chance you share the STL? :D
                      ​​​​​​​
                      Here you go, it's split in the horizontal plane.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post

Thanks!
                        Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post

I can't confirm that at the moment. But as many might assume, we get Freewing containers pretty often compared to others. There is pretty much always one on the water. But when I know, I'll update everyone
                          Thanks.

It would be REALLY nice if those of us whose Gripens are now shipped could pre-order the VT units. I expect my Gripen tomorrow or Saturday, given that I am in Chicago.

Comment

• Originally posted by CFIT rob View Post
                            . I have been waiting on a hobby king (usa warehouse) order to ship for 35 days now. I Keep getting the run around.
                            Last item I ordered from HK took 4 months to arrive.

Comment

• -"What do you mean the Gripen does perfect high alpha when balanced properly?"
                              C'mon baby, show them who's the boss!

Comment

• Now this is interesting: The printed manual that came with my kit shows the CG at 122mm while the current online manual has it at 130mm. Both manuals show the same (!) Version No. !

Would MRC please comment?

I checked my model, the moulded marking is at 122mm. Will we get free replacement wings with the revised CG marking? 😁

Click image for larger version  Name:	AC1500E2-0845-480A-A756-F5FB09FA0F7E.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	100.9 KB ID:	284336Click image for larger version  Name:	109D5AB2-6E7E-4080-8787-57CDDD4F84DA.png Views:	0 Size:	651.4 KB ID:	284337

Comment

• Got my shipping notification can’t wait thanks MRC. Hopefully she’s here before the snow lol!!!

Comment

• Finished installing the afterburner module (by Eberhard Funk). The control box nicely fits under the battery tray. Now I need to figure out how to get this plane to balance properly, I need to hide 85g somewhere in the back ...
                                    @Radar-Guy your printed nozzle might be a nice place to hide balast, would you share that aswell?

Comment

• I hid some steel 'square pieces' that I was keeping for ballast purpose in the stock nozzle on the inside, carved a bit of foam, and epoxied them in.
                                      This was not enough though so I also added a large steel rod in the vertical fin and a couple steel sheets in the fuselage foam right underneath the rudder.
                                      Glued them in so they won't mess rudder operation if they came loose.

Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post
                                      Thank you!

Originally posted by slumi View Post
                                      Thanks Airguardian for your quick reply.
                                      So only one channel for the canards, that simplifies a lot.
                                      I guess you use elevon mixing in the S8R gyro-receiver for Taileron L and Taileron R.
                                      For the canards you use directly elevator.
                                      Not clear for me is the function of PG-03 gyro, what for ?
                                      Yes to all.
                                      I had to open up a canard servo and swap motor and potentiometer wires to reverse it so that this setup would work. I don't like servo reversers! :)

The GWS PG-03 gyro stabilizes the canards (I don't think that can be done with the S8R running elevon mixing?).
                                      I like how this old gyro worked in my Eurofighter so I used one of my spares in this one too.

The point is to get the canards to behave more scale-like as 'flow-control devices'.
                                      Also the canards can take more gain than the elevons without causing oscillations, since they are closer to CG.

Comment

• Airguardian would you happen to know what your batteries weigh? My Liperior 6s 5000s weigh about 780 grams and I’m thinking the SMC 4000s may be a better option at 680.

Comment

• Ordered one this morning @11am
                                          Got shipping notice @1:52pm
                                          FedEx picked up the package from Motion @2:04pm
                                          Should be at my door next Monday (Canada).
                                          End result .................. Didn't pre-order. Didn't get all worked up waiting for them to arrive at Motion. Didn't get all huffy because they were 5 days past the original ETA. The near perfect purchase. Oh wait! I guess I can still get all worked up and huffy because the VT nozzle is nowhere in sight. OK, "worked up" and "huffy" done with. I can wait till next spring for that. I'm good. GOOD JOB, MOTIONRC!

(Now, just waiting to see how badly FedEx is going to screw me over for fees to collect the duty and tax.)

Comment

Working...
                                          X