X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
    I also love that VT will be offered with this jet. Out of the two jets, the 80mm MiG-29 and Gripen (although I may install VT on both), I'd rather install VT on the Gripen, but that's personal preference. I enjoy that the option is there, and we can do what we want. That is priceless.
    I'm guessing you'll be one of the guys on this evening's Livestream, then, as I show a peek under the hood of the optional 3DTV Set.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3DTV.5.jpg
Views:	1279
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	271405
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post

I'm guessing you'll be one of the guys on this evening's Livestream, then, as I show a peek under the hood of the optional 3DTV Set.

Name:	3DTV.5.jpg
Views:	1279
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	271405
      I haven't missed one yet, and trying to clear up the schedule to make tonight stream . It will be great to look at the VT in depth. I really enjoy these streams and anyone who joins does as well. I always looks forward to it, so hopefully I'll see you tonight.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification on the nose gear Alpha! However being a scale nut i can't leave well enough alone lol. I'm looking forward to getting this in my hands and really seeing what she can do. It will likely get refinished but not right away. Hey Jlamb low level high alpha formation down the runway!

Comment

Originally posted by FlyBoy90803 View Post
          Would this jet work properly with the AR637T DSMX 6-Channel AS3X Telemetry Receiver?
          This plane needs 7 channels.

Comment

I love this shot:

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	1830
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	271413
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Name:	31C1DD8D-001D-4E79-8496-605C928D3742.jpeg
Views:	1167
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	271462Click image for larger version  Name:	BAC1D1DC-D1E7-4C39-915C-47E32E139488.jpeg Views:	5 Size:	89.5 KB ID:	271416
              Originally posted by Alpha View Post
              I love this shot:
              Click image for larger version  Name:	10.jpg Views:	13 Size:	101.7 KB ID:	271413
              Gonna look SO good with the RC Geek Centerburner!
              The original CenterBurner line of simulated afterburner lighting systems is the world’s best and most trusted simulated afterburner lighting system! Designed around a custom built LED light boards, it provides a center "glow" and flame effect like a full size jet aircraft afterburner!

Comment

So true. A single outlet like this.....woooo-weeee, centerburner style delight.

Comment

No ordnance?

Comment

Originally posted by JLambCWU View Post

Name:	BAC1D1DC-D1E7-4C39-915C-47E32E139488.jpeg
Views:	1258
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	271416

Gonna look SO good with the RC Geek Centerburner!
                    https://thercgeek.com/the-centerburner/
                    Or you can make your own DIY afterburner for far less $$ and lower drag.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...DF-afterburner

Comment

Originally posted by Fett vision View Post
                      No ordnance?
                      You mean that stuff that hangs on the bottom of the plane and slows it down?....Nope

Comment

Originally posted by kallend View Post

Or you can make your own DIY afterburner for far less $$ and lower drag.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...DF-afterburner
                        I’ve speed gunned two jets now BOTH with and without the Centerburner afterburners, literally 5 minutes apart on each.

FW F-14 and F-16

The Centerburner doesn’t slow them down nor does it reduce the acceleration and takeoff roll 👍🏼

Comment

It looks Iike the aux. air inlet/cheater is built into the EDF cover/hatch. That's neat.

Comment

Originally posted by T-CAT View Post
                            It looks Iike the aux. air inlet/cheater is built into the EDF cover/hatch. That's neat.
                            Yeah! Alpha is always innovativing!

Comment

Originally posted by FlyBoy90803 View Post
                              Would this jet work properly with the AR637T DSMX 6-Channel AS3X Telemetry Receiver?
                              I have a related question. Canards are new to me, can the AS3X system be configured to work with full flying canards. I have both 7 and 9 channel AS3X receivers.

Comment

Well I've been hoping someone would do this plane, hope Canada buys the "E" version...it will have to wait though. have not even received my Mig29 yet lol.
                                Looks beautiful guys!

Comment

Originally posted by JLambCWU View Post

Name:	17BB4DEB-C30C-43ED-9A1D-3F5381C4DD18.png
Views:	1769
Size:	983.8 KB
ID:	271365Click image for larger version Name:	image_60590.jpg Views:	3 Size:	72.3 KB ID:	271362

I believe you can have it in the scale location it will just have to retract forward. I’m sure Alpha will speak to this at some point.

From my observation grass field ops is one of the biggest reasons.

The jet at the scale location would also be much easier to wing tip while taxing at high speeds.

I plan on modifying mine as I fly from nice asphalt runways.

Literally just pull out the mounting block and remount with a support plate at the back of the bay. Put in a longer steering arm. Reverse the strut on the retract peg.

Stock gear door closures may even work in their current place.

If it worked well in the scale location it would have been put there, so it obviously doesn’t.

That is the great thing about this community though is all of the modifications that people are able to achieve!
                                  Unless you're something I'm not, The gear retracts rearward now and you are saying you are going to have it retract forward?
                                  AMA 424553

Comment

Cool model!!! Canard wing, plus Delta , how cool that is!

I just preordered one, fortunately it is labeled for intermediate hobbist.

i had thought about mig21 but it is too long.

Comment

Originally posted by RRHandy View Post

Unless you're something I'm not, The gear retracts rearward now and you are saying you are going to have it retract forward?
                                      When you move the nose retract to the back of the bay so that it’s in the scale location under the pilot, you’ll have to turn the retract around and have it retract forward in the stock bay, to have the nose gear under the pilot and still retract.

Comment

Originally posted by RRHandy View Post

Asked Alpha about this in today's stream as I had considered doing the mod.
                                        Short answer: They already did and settled with this not-so-scale layout because placing the nose gear on the scale spot makes this jet extremely prone to tipping over. More so than the Freewing Eurofighter for those that may have had one, so there's that. Now if you still want to do it, do at own risk and know what to expect! ;)

Comment

As this doesn't have separate flaps I guess it will slow down nicely as long as a nose high landing approach is used? Or can the elevons be used as flaps too?

Comment

Working...
                                          X