First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kallend
    replied
    Originally posted by kallend View Post

Actually you can have AS3X on elevons and also on canards/VT IF (and only if) your TX allows the elevon wing type AND also normal "tail" type. (the "tail" being the canard and/or VT pitch)

AFAIK only the iX14, iX20, DX18 and DX20 allow this.

The thing is, all flight surfaces declared in a wing or tail type will be set up for stabilization during forward programming, so you'll get pitch stabilization on the elevons and on the canards/VT.

I tried it but decided I wanted different rates on the VT from the elevons, which is why I ended up with the AS3X and the HobbyEagle.
    Update: the new(ish) NX20 has elevons + canard as an option.

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    And it's thrust vectoring. You're guilty of that one...

Originally posted by kallend View Post

"Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action"; Goldfinger, in "Goldfinger" by Ian Fleming.

Leave a comment:

• kallend
    replied
    Originally posted by ArmorBolt View Post
    Hi everyone, newbie here and just got my Grippen with Vector Thrust.

There was one comment on the Grippen VT motionrc comment that mentioned "Twitching servo fix" and the buyer mentioned that ".. The servo cables go right along the motor wires under the tail and we ended up having a twitching yaw servo on the thrust vectoring due to interference whenever we throttled up. Almost had a catastrophic crash on the first take of.."

Before assembling it with VT, is there any concern I should be aware of like placement or shielding it regarding this issue.
    Thanks in advance for any comments and looking forward to flying the Grippen soon.
    "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action"; Goldfinger, in "Goldfinger" by Ian Fleming.

Leave a comment:

• ArmorBolt
    replied
    Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    Well... All the servo wires go aft along the top of the fuselage, on top of the ESC, along the motor and the wing servo wire then go outboard and the rudder and TV servos wires continue aft. If you were worried you should be concerned with all of them. That person probably had one bad servo or all the servos would show effect.

I found the review you are quoting which also says "I slightly changed the position of the extension plug under the tail and made sure the servo wire plugs were extra tight which resolved the issue.".

Sounds like he may not have plugged the servo in tightly.
    Thanks, i will make sure extensions are plugged in tightly.

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Well... All the servo wires go aft along the top of the fuselage, on top of the ESC, along the motor and the wing servo wire then go outboard and the rudder and TV servos wires continue aft. If you were worried you should be concerned with all of them. That person probably had one bad servo or all the servos would show effect.

I found the review you are quoting which also says "I slightly changed the position of the extension plug under the tail and made sure the servo wire plugs were extra tight which resolved the issue.".

Sounds like he may not have plugged the servo in tightly.

Leave a comment:

• ArmorBolt
    replied
    Hi everyone, newbie here and just got my Grippen with Vector Thrust.

There was one comment on the Grippen VT motionrc comment that mentioned "Twitching servo fix" and the buyer mentioned that ".. The servo cables go right along the motor wires under the tail and we ended up having a twitching yaw servo on the thrust vectoring due to interference whenever we throttled up. Almost had a catastrophic crash on the first take of.."

Before assembling it with VT, is there any concern I should be aware of like placement or shielding it regarding this issue.
    Thanks in advance for any comments and looking forward to flying the Grippen soon.

Leave a comment:

• Gravythe clown
    replied
    Raced a high performance Vulcan today. It’s was either a match or my Gripen was a bit faster. With the new EDF unit it’s really come alive.
    I also did a unrestricted take off like I do with the mirage.
    later a did a top end climb starting 20-40’. I made it to 832’ before she stalled out. I had just enough to nose her over.
    still getting 4-5 minutes of flight off the 6000.

Gravy

Leave a comment:

• Airguardian
    replied
    Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Gravythe clown
    replied
    I just hope that there isn’t a mass rush to buy them when they become in stock at motion. I need two more for my F-14.

Gravy

Leave a comment:

• DCORSAIR
    replied
    Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post
    LOL It's the new FW that is coming in the new F9F-8.

Gravy
    Yeah I was messing with them Gravy, I knew you would be on here and let them know.....

Leave a comment:

• Gravythe clown
    replied
    LOL It's the new FW that is coming in the new F9F-8.

Gravy

Leave a comment:

• DCORSAIR
    replied
    Originally posted by Airguardian View Post

Is that a Freewing or FMS 2150kv EDF?
    Reference please?
    Gravy is keeping that part a secret so they won't sell out every where and he can buy more...

He called me yesterday and told me the Grippen flew awesome with the new power plant, it's top secret.

Leave a comment:

• Airguardian
    replied
    Holy cow what a difference with the 2150 12 blade unit. I measured 1lb thrust difference between the stock and the new unit. That was 1 lb measured while in the gripen.
    Put 4 packs through her today. 2 hrb 6000 50c and 2 hrb 5000 50c.
    4 + minutes mixed throttle but lots of vertical and horizontal pinches. She climbs like the mirage now. So much that I have yet to stall her vertically.
    GPS measured my highest climb at 662’ and my fast speed at 124.3 mph. The speed was captured by diving down after vertical at 50% throttle then punching it to 100% after leveling out.
    Is that a Freewing or FMS 2150kv EDF?
    Reference please?

Leave a comment:

• DCORSAIR
    replied
    Holy cow what a difference with the 2150 12 blade unit. I measured 1lb thrust difference between the stock and the new unit. That was 1 lb measured while in the gripen.
    4 + minutes mixed throttle but lots of vertical and horizontal pinches. She climbs like the mirage now. So much that I have yet to stall her vertically.
    GPS measured my highest climb at 662’ and my fast speed at 124.3 mph. The speed was captured by diving down after vertical at 50% throttle then punching it to 100% after leveling out.

seams like the sweet spot is at the 70% throttle range. More flights will tell.

5000 packs flew the same but only 3+ minutes of flight.

im putting 2 of these in my 14 now.

Gravy
    Woooohoo, sounds like a much better performance over the stock unit it comes with, maybe FW will upgrade all the single 80mm jets and the 80mm twins with this unit..

Leave a comment:

• Gravythe clown
    replied

seams like the sweet spot is at the 70% throttle range. More flights will tell.

5000 packs flew the same but only 3+ minutes of flight.

im putting 2 of these in my 14 now.

Gravy

Leave a comment:

• Gravythe clown
    replied
    I got me a new FW 2150 12blade unit coming that I’m going to try in my Gripen. Flew today stick 6s and hopefully next weekend with the new unit looking to see if it’s the little extra I’ve been looking for.

Gravy

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    You're welcome. Please let us know where you end up with your balance and set up.

E

Leave a comment:

• Yellowred
    replied
    Many thanks for your info

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    I fly with about the stock amount and centered at about the stock spot. I did go in and put longer servo arms on the canard servos and put Z bends on the pushrods but did that to get further canard travel for air brakes on the ground, flying throws for canard pitch and roll are about the book rate. I tried roll without canards and preferred it with. Some on here pooh pooh that since the full scale doesn't have roll on canards.

Originally posted by Yellowred View Post
    Thanks Evan D, ill move my c of g back a little, do you fly with a lot of canard movement? I Have mine down to about 70% but it still looks like a lot of movement? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Yellowred
    replied
    Thanks Evan D, ill move my c of g back a little, do you fly with a lot of canard movement? I Have mine down to about 70% but it still looks like a lot of movement? Thanks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X