X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post

I'd rather disable trim for canards entirely and set their neutral offset point mechanically.
    When you trim the aircraft in flight, you don't really want canards moving with the trim, only elevons.
    Definitely true. Trimming canards is a terrible idea. Almost as silly as trimming vectoring.

Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• New video!

Have a break from you Black friday sales and come watch it, come on, it's for free, you will not get a better deal!

Originally posted by kallend View Post
      Of all the scale EDFs I have from various manufacturers, the FW Gripen is the only one without ejection seat warnings. I thought maybe the Czech Air Force was unusual in this respect.

Turns out that FW just didn't bother. You can see the warning in this photo of 9234.
      I'm more bothered by the paint/decal tone mismatch. On the first released pics of the Gripen by Motion, the jet's colors looked more spot on but the models we get, can barely tell apart decal from grey body. Not a big deal but wonder how did they get this wrong?

Comment

New video!

Have a break from you Black friday sales and come watch it, come on, it's for free, you will not get a better deal!

I'm more bothered by the paint/decal tone mismatch. On the first released pics of the Gripen by Motion, the jet's colors looked more spot on but the models we get, can barely tell apart decal from grey body. Not a big deal but wonder how did they get this wrong?
        Yes, that is weird too.

The ejection seat warning didn't bother me, I was just curious.

Comment

Yeah completely different gray paint tone on the demo models vs production.

Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

New video!

?
            Nice flying 😊😊
            I can se you also lifting the nose a little late, so you get a little abrupt take of. Not a big deal. Just to get more scale take off ;-)
            You are on gravel so you get more drag than asfalt. You are good pilot with nice flying 👍

I have snow now and more drag on the ground so I gott problems with very abrupt takeoffs. sometimes it was going vertical....not good
            I tryed to go earlier on the elevator, did solve the problem with going half stick early and the take of was much nicer. Lifting the nose gently, releasing a little on the elevator after lift off and nice climb-out.

Comment

• If it is possible to put a readable pilot-name below the cockpit, I just realised my pilot should be named "Major Brownout" so we all know where to put the blame if I lawn dart.
              If I had a F4, his RIO would be "Lt Blue Box" just to cover my bases.

Yupp, Friday evening in my part of the world...

Comment

I'd rather disable trim for canards entirely and set their neutral offset point mechanically.
                When you trim the aircraft in flight, you don't really want canards moving with the trim, only elevons.
                Perfect. Didn’t fly today, so I’ll make that happen too.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	5Z1A9941.JPG
Views:	668
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	288107Click image for larger version

Name:	5Z1A9966.JPG
Views:	658
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	288108Click image for larger version

Name:	5Z1A9975.JPG
Views:	636
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	288109Flew today with CG at 135mm.

Comment

• Great photos K. How did that CG feel?
                    Tom

Comment

• Great pictures John

Comment

• If someone would wanted to install a ubec could this be done? would you have to unplug something cause somewhere or another there is something powering the receiver when you plug in the main battery.
                        Thank's for any help

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post
                          Great photos K. How did that CG feel?
                          Tom
                          Perfect

Comment

• Originally posted by rms View Post
                            Nice flying 😊😊
                            I can se you also lifting the nose a little late, so you get a little abrupt take of. Not a big deal. Just to get more scale take off ;-)
                            You are on gravel so you get more drag than asfalt. You are good pilot with nice flying 👍

I have snow now and more drag on the ground so I gott problems with very abrupt takeoffs. sometimes it was going vertical....not good
                            I tryed to go earlier on the elevator, did solve the problem with going half stick early and the take of was much nicer. Lifting the nose gently, releasing a little on the elevator after lift off and nice climb-out.
                            Sweet flying and looks like you're all dialed in perfectly! I'm going to maiden today even if my boys can't make it to the field...hopefully a decent takeoff and landing video for later...

(PS. Thanks for wearing a mask.... In South Florida, some still don't believe that COVID is real. I was told just the other day at a restaurant when I asked them why they were seating people to full capacity, "COVID is over!" they told me....hard to believe... I won't be going back there - City Cellar in Citiplace, West Palm Beach, FL) </End Rant>.

How lucky are we as modelers to have "stuff to do" during the pandemic???

Comment

• I fell victim to the Black Friday shopping frenzy and secured myself an 80mm Jetfan with 1865 HET motor and HET Zeus 125A ESC to run on 8S packs, that should cure to some degree the maladies of the Gripen! :)

Originally posted by rms View Post
                              Nice flying 😊😊
                              Thanks buddy!
                              Going on the elevator too soon doesn't help in my experience because it acts as airbrake. It's better to let the plane build speed and then make sudden 'flicks' with the pitch stick until the nose gets to rotate. The more power and speed, the easier to rotate, and also the more aft CG, the better and easier too. ;)

Originally posted by Marktur View Post
                              Sweet flying and looks like you're all dialed in perfectly! I'm going to maiden today even if my boys can't make it to the field...hopefully a decent takeoff and landing video for later...
                              Good luck on maiden!
                              I certainly don't feel like I am 'dialed perfectly yet' but hope I will soon be as I install a heavier and more powerful fan in there :)

PS. Thanks for wearing a mask....
                              I take it off for flying (open air, no one around) but otherwise, yeah, I am careful to wear it to minimize risks.
                              I certainly try to avoid closed spaces which is probably more important than the mask itself. ;)

Lucky indeed! (As long as mobility is not restricted, which is an issue here, then we can't go flying). :'(

Comment

• Originally posted by Marktur View Post

(PS. Thanks for wearing a mask.... In South Florida, some still don't believe that COVID is real. I was told just the other day at a restaurant when I asked them why they were seating people to full capacity, "COVID is over!" they told me....hard to believe... I won't be going back there - City Cellar in Citiplace, West Palm Beach, FL) </End Rant>.

The ostriches have found the sandbox. The Florida numbers have been staggering as it has been here. They won't believe till someone close to them dies or till they themselves get sick and they hear the Darth Vader sound of the ventilator.
                                I was hoping to see Florida once again in 2021 and visit some of your RC fields. Maybe the vaccine can make that possible.
                                HEY! There's an idea for an RC plane ......................... a flying ostrich with a box of sand over its head.

Comment

• Amazing, So politics, now enter into RC fun! Really! I could list pages of real Scientific studies (censored by Big Tech, but still discoverable) that masks in fact do more harm than good with Covid, as the virus particles are so small that they travel through the mask as mosquitoes through chain link fence! Want to wear mask, go ahead that is your right, but that is your choice!

Comment

• I mean, seen some of that myself. Pack together in a small room people with and without COVID, and the ones without will get it if exposed long enough regardless of wearing a mask or not. I am also aware that wearing the mask for a long time is not good for the respiratory apparatus, so I mostly wear it as little as possible, only when really necessary or required.
                                    Mind we don't have the option around here, it is MANDATORY to wear the masks. You'll get fined if you don't.

THAT SAID, it doesn't take making a proper scientific study to understand that spewing in the faces of each other (as we often do when talking to one another) has a much higher risk of contagion than wearing the mask, as much of the particles with higher viral charge will get stuck in there. Masks are more of a means to protect others than yourself.

Anyway, very off topic, everyone stay safe, move on! ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by jaldendifer View Post
                                      Amazing, So politics, now enter into RC fun! Really! I could list pages of real Scientific studies (censored by Big Tech, but still discoverable) that masks in fact do more harm than good with Covid, as the virus particles are so small that they travel through the mask as mosquitoes through chain link fence! Want to wear mask, go ahead that is your right, but that is your choice!
                                      Yes, that's what Herman Cain thought.

He was wrong too, and now he's dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaldendifer View Post
                                        Amazing, So politics, now enter into RC fun! Really!
                                        Not to drag this out longer than it should, but I don't think anybody brought up politics before you did. Just sounds like hobbyists hoping for the best in regards to other peoples' health.
                                        Let's hope we're all able to stay safe and healthy and continue to enjoy the escape this hobby provides us 😀

Comment

• Originally posted by KevinMar View Post

Not to drag this out longer than it should, but I don't think anybody brought up politics before you did. Just sounds like hobbyists hoping for the best in regards to other peoples' health.
                                          Let's hope we're all able to stay safe and healthy and continue to enjoy the escape this hobby provides us 😀
                                          Precisely! NOT a political issue, but rather, a health and safety issue.

Comment

Working...
                                          X