Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evan D
    replied
    Yes and both. The Urugauyan has TV and a Jetfan/HET 8S set up. The next is stock non TV 6S and the rear is the spare I've had and decided to put together and is stock 6S with TV. I was asked just how many do I need. I said I think five

Leave a comment:

• SanExup
    replied
    TV and non TV? Stock fans or upgrades?

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    It was Gripen day today for me. I took out my three and flew them all back to back. Great day.

I need to buy a couple more.​ Click image for larger version

Name:	032EA083-A565-4A30-BB41-9F8199AE5521.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	189.6 KB
ID:	376461

Leave a comment:

• Airguardian
    replied

w00t !

Leave a comment:

• WVfoambuster
    replied
    Finished painting my gripen today. Waiting decals and weather.

Leave a comment:

• xviper
    replied
    Originally posted by SanExup View Post
    xviper does it actually land in the lake or auto level and skip across the surface?
    I used a flat-ish rock, so it managed to skip about 3 times before it sank. The Aura8 has very high water resistence, so it doesn't skip very well. The recovery mode works like crap. It should have skimmed just over the water and landed on the opposite bank. There was a guy who almost jumped in the row boat and went out to find it. I told him not to bother, I had more planes coming from Flex and I'd sell them to him for 20 bucks each.

Leave a comment:

• SanExup
    replied
    xviper does it actually land in the lake or auto level and skip across the surface?

Leave a comment:

• xviper
    replied
    Originally posted by Cfreuen20 View Post
    I went ahead and bought an aura 8 for this. After a couple hours of unsuccessfully trying to configure it, I'm still not there.

Does anyone have an aura 8 config file for this plane?
    There are only a couple of users on this forum who are well versed on the Aura 8 and they love them. Hopefully they will see this and volunteer to help you. They always rave about the Aura 8 but I've never seen any of them volunteer to help others get them set up.
    Personally, when I get a Flex airplane with an Aura 8 in it, the first thing I do is yank it out and try to sell them to someone, anyone and for a few bucks. After my first attempt at flying a plane with the Aura 8 in it that was preprogrammed, I hated it the way it flew. After trying (what seemed like forever and with no success) to change the parameters, I gave up and removed it in favor of a simpler, cheaper gyro like the HobbyEagle basic gyro. That's what I have in my Gripen and it works flawlessly. On occasion when I could not sell the Aura, I tie it to a rock and throw it in the lake.

Leave a comment:

• Airguardian
    replied
    I' have an Aura 12 but haven't installed it anywhere yet, sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Cfreuen20
    replied
    I went ahead and bought an aura 8 for this. After a couple hours of unsuccessfully trying to configure it, I'm still not there.

Does anyone have an aura 8 config file for this plane?

Leave a comment:

• Cfreuen20
    replied
    Can I use a spek 8020, and send a serial cable to an ft aura 5, and use that to stabilize my elevons and rudder? I have canard mixing setup somewhat similar to the motion rc described method.

Leave a comment:

• xviper
    replied
    Here is the copy/paste of the DX8 G2 from Horizon:
    • 10 Wing Types: Normal, Dual Aileron, Flaperon, 1 Aileron 1 Flap, 1 Aileron 2 Flap, 2 Aileron 1 Flap, 2 Aileron 2 Flap, Elevon A, Elevon B, 4 Aileron
    • 6 Tail Types: Normal, V-Tail A, V-Tail B, Dual Elevator, Dual Rudder, Dual Rudder/Elevator
    ​I had the DX8 long ago and I can't remember what it had for wing/tail type. I also never updated it before I sold it. As for the above G2, I can't even say if it's possible to combine any of the wing types with any of the tail types. If you can, perhaps Elevon and Dual Elevator is what's needed.

With my NX10, when elevon is selected for wing, the only options for tail is "normal" and Dual RUDD. I suppose with some creativity, it's possible to mix it such that the RUDD (or canards) could respond like elevators but the gyro could be tricky but doable if a separate gyro is used just for it.

PS. Forward Programming only shows up in the menu if the smart RX is powered.

Leave a comment:

• reemo_2001
    replied
    After I updated the firmware on my radio, I noticed “forward programming”. I never noticed that beforehand, but then again I’m still new to the menus. Maybe the wing type selection is an update?

Leave a comment:

• kallend
    replied
    Originally posted by reemo_2001 View Post

Just so that I'm clear, are you saying the above mentioned TX models are the only TX's that allow elevon and normal tail at the same time? My DX8 G2 has elevon wing type AND also normal "tail" type. But I updated my DX8 so maybe that's why?

I'm sorry I'm just trying to make sure I understand you completely. I'm new to this and I'm eager to learn.

Thanks,
    According to xviper above the NX10 doesn't have it, so I'm kind of suprised the DX8 does. i don't have a DX8 so i can't check.

Leave a comment:

• reemo_2001
    replied
    Originally posted by kallend View Post

Actually you can have AS3X on elevons and also on canards/VT IF (and only if) your TX allows the elevon wing type AND also normal "tail" type. (the "tail" being the canard and/or VT pitch)

AFAIK only the iX14, iX20, DX18 and DX20 allow this.

The thing is, all flight surfaces declared in a wing or tail type will be set up for stabilization during forward programming, so you'll get pitch stabilization on the elevons and on the canards/VT.

I tried it but decided I wanted different rates on the VT from the elevons, which is why I ended up with the AS3X and the HobbyEagle.

Just so that I'm clear, are you saying the above mentioned TX models are the only TX's that allow elevon and normal tail at the same time? My DX8 G2 has elevon wing type AND also normal "tail" type. But I updated my DX8 so maybe that's why?

I'm sorry I'm just trying to make sure I understand you completely. I'm new to this and I'm eager to learn.

Thanks,

Leave a comment:

• xviper
    replied

I tried it but decided I wanted different rates on the VT from the elevons, which is why I ended up with the AS3X and the HobbyEagle.
    Just checked. Not available on NX10.

I did something similar on my SebArt MiG29. One HE on the control surfaces and another one just for the vector nozzles - helped during hovering.

Leave a comment:

• kallend
    replied
    Originally posted by xviper View Post
    I think if canards are mixed to Ele, AS3X will only work on the elevons and won't be conveyed to the canards.
    Actually you can have AS3X on elevons and also on canards/VT IF (and only if) your TX allows the elevon wing type AND also normal "tail" type. (the "tail" being the canard and/or VT pitch)

The thing is, all flight surfaces declared in a wing or tail type will be set up for stabilization during forward programming, so you'll get pitch stabilization on the elevons and on the canards/VT.

Leave a comment:

• reemo_2001
    replied
    Thanks guys for the help. Evan helped me a great bit on this and I think it'll be going in the air this weekend..... Hopefully!

Leave a comment:

• xviper
    replied

I suspect there's nothing wrong. Your TX probably is missing a wing/tail type feature (elevons + canard) that the iX has. I don't have a DX8G2 so I can't try it.

I actually ended up with the AR8360T driving the canards and VT directly (with AS3X), and the elevons by way of a HobbyEagle A3S4 to do the mixing and stabilization on them.
    That's a novel approach. Early in this thread, I X-linked the canards with the elevons (prior to VT) and ran it all through a stabilized Lemon RX:
    Freewing JAS 39 Gripen 80mm EDF Jet - PNP mastera.jpg The JAS 39 Gripen’s unique delta wing and canard configuration endows it with excellent agility, most notably a tighter turning radius than the American F-16! Flown by more than a dozen NATO countries, the Gripen is a Mach 2 multi-role fighter whose 25 year service

It all worked but by the time spring came and I got to test fly it, I found it was just too touchy (busy was the word I used then) and made the canards just work mixed to ELE. Once I got the VT nozzle, the rudder was linked with the air rudder and the gyro had a minimal affect on it. Gyro compensation is primarily on the elevons. That's the way I've flown it since and I'm happy with it that way.
    ( @reemo_2001 ) ...........................
    You are most likely right about nothing being wrong with Reemo's equipment. I've never used an 8360T, so my comments may not be accurate. Setting up the canards the way James showed it in the video is OK but I think it's not necessary to have AIL on them. With the 8360T, he can simply mix the canards to elevator function and be done with it and have no gyro compensation on the canards. I think if canards are mixed to Ele, AS3X will only work on the elevons and won't be conveyed to the canards. If gyro is desired on the VT, then adding a simple HobbyEagle like you did would give that to him.
    I believe the issue that Reemo may be having is in the programming of AS3X. It's not so much to do with "forward programming" but more to do with "what" and "how" he is programming for AS3X (and SAFE). Doing that for the 8360 should be no different than doing it for any 6-ch smart RX. Mixing the canards doesn't enter into the equation when dealing with AS3X. The critical points would be switch selection, using fixed or variable gains (and how much) and knowing when to apply (save) each setting.

Leave a comment:

• kallend
    replied
    Originally posted by reemo_2001 View Post

Thanks Kallend, I've seen your post and followed your print out before I posted my question here, and it didn't seem to work out for me. I don't know if im just doing something wrong or if theres something wrong with my jet or radio.

Thanks, again guys
    I suspect there's nothing wrong. Your TX probably is missing a wing/tail type feature (elevons + canard) that the iX has. I don't have a DX8G2 so I can't try it.

I actually ended up with the AR8360T driving the canards and VT directly (with AS3X), and the elevons by way of a HobbyEagle A3S4 to do the mixing and stabilization on them.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X