Clear All

• Evan D
    replied
    There is no BB in the Gripen.

Leave a comment:

• Airguardian
    replied
    You certainly don't need the BB.

Just take the time to properly learn how to navigate the menus of your Tx, knowing what everything does and then it shouldn't be difficult to implement the mixes for this one. Literally only needs a delta mix to the elevons and pitch being fed to the canards (No need to feed them roll, really, and it's not even scale if you do so). ;)

Leave a comment:

• reemo_2001
    replied
    Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    Ray should have his file from when he flew his with his DX-9. His has AS3X.
    sending you my email now

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Ray should have his file from when he flew his with his DX-9. His has AS3X.

Leave a comment:

• reemo_2001
    replied
    My set up doesn’t have AS3X…
    Ok, Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    My set up doesn’t have AS3X… maybe get Rays file. If you want mine give me your email address.

Leave a comment:

• reemo_2001
    replied
    1- Welcome!
    2- Where in NC?

q1- yes, there is no MCBE in this. There is a lighting module, plug each surface in its own channel and mix. I can send a spm file
    q2- yes, search MCBE, but you don't need it
    q3- no

again welcome
    Thanks Evan, Its Kareem from charlotte. I didn't have anyones number so i asked the question here. I'd appreciate the SPM File as that would be a great help.

Thanks Kallend, I've seen your post and followed your print out before I posted my question here, and it didn't seem to work out for me. I don't know if im just doing something wrong or if theres something wrong with my jet or radio.

Thanks, again guys

Leave a comment:

• kallend
    replied
    Originally posted by reemo_2001 View Post
    Greetings from NC, newb here and I have a question about the Gripen. So I purchased a used Gripen from a local guy and I'm having a time trying to get this thing set up correctly. I've watched the "mixing" video on youtube from Motoion RC and the spektrum "forward programming" videos as well. I noticed my old freewing f22 had a blue box inside and wondered if the Gripen should have one as well so I ask a few local guys who confirmed there is in fact a blue box inside when purchased new. when i setup my radio it doesn't allow me to add flight modes to a switch, and if I do, then one of the canards moves its position away from center.

OK so here goes my questions.

1. Can I still setup the jet without the blue box? If so then how?
    2. Can purchase the blue box with wiring from Motion? I didn't see it listed under spares for the Gripen.
    3. Does anyone know if the replacement fuselage come pre-wired with the blue box and wires?

Here's my setup:

spektrum DX8 G2
    Spektrum AR8360T receiver

I have the elevon/canard mixed per the Motion RC video
    I have the forward programming per the spektrum videos.

I've been at this for 2 weeks now, SOMEONE PLEASE HELP LOL!

Thanks in advance.
    Setting up an AR8360T with AS3X for a canard delta is a non-trivial task if you want the both canards, VT and the elevons to be stabilized. Here is something I wrote (but be aware it is written with the iX series TX in mind)
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    1- Welcome!
    2- Where in NC?

q1- yes, there is no MCBE in this. There is a lighting module, plug each surface in its own channel and mix. I can send a spm file
    q2- yes, search MCBE, but you don't need it
    q3- no

again welcome

Leave a comment:

• reemo_2001
    replied
    Greetings from NC, newb here and I have a question about the Gripen. So I purchased a used Gripen from a local guy and I'm having a time trying to get this thing set up correctly. I've watched the "mixing" video on youtube from Motoion RC and the spektrum "forward programming" videos as well. I noticed my old freewing f22 had a blue box inside and wondered if the Gripen should have one as well so I ask a few local guys who confirmed there is in fact a blue box inside when purchased new. when i setup my radio it doesn't allow me to add flight modes to a switch, and if I do, then one of the canards moves its position away from center.

OK so here goes my questions.

1. Can I still setup the jet without the blue box? If so then how?
    2. Can purchase the blue box with wiring from Motion? I didn't see it listed under spares for the Gripen.
    3. Does anyone know if the replacement fuselage come pre-wired with the blue box and wires?

Here's my setup:

spektrum DX8 G2
    Spektrum AR8360T receiver

I have the elevon/canard mixed per the Motion RC video
    I have the forward programming per the spektrum videos.

I've been at this for 2 weeks now, SOMEONE PLEASE HELP LOL!

Thanks in advance.

Leave a comment:

• Airguardian
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BenOzzy94
    replied
    Originally posted by BenOzzy94 View Post
    Well it seems the consensus is lighter weight is better than more thrust. I have found a link to the new X-fly galaxy fan and motor combo which seems to promise a little too much but I might get one and see what it does to the performance of the jet.
    Consider it a mini review of sorts to see does the 3.4kg of thrust with a 6S lipo really add up.​

Click image for larger version  Name:	xfly.jpg Views:	140 Size:	47.3 KB ID:	357239
    So 3.4kg of thrust does sound far fetched and I know it's never going to achieve that when installed, But I can confirm preliminary tests are good. Holding the model vertically and using a standard Admiral 40c 4000mah at storage charge at full throttle it wanted to climb out of my hand when I let it go. I know it's not exactly the most scientific but it definitely feels closer to or even slightly more than a 1:1 power to weight ratio of static thrust. Should make the model feel better closer to and after stall.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    Merry Christmas to you and all my flying friends!

Leave a comment:

• Airguardian
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Airguardian
    replied
    Thanks! :)

Leave a comment:

• Eliminator
    replied
    Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
    Sick!
    What flight times do you get?
    Have you added cheater holes?

What's the exact EDF + motor+ ESC + battery combination if I may ask? :)
    Hey, flight times around 5min easy with some highspeed passes. No cheaters added.
    Fan Midi Evo 90 1600kv Motor Tunrigy 36..?? something and 110Amps peak.
    A great Combo very light setup and lots of power.

cheers Rico

Leave a comment:

• Airguardian
    replied
    Sick!
    What flight times do you get?
    Have you added cheater holes?

What's the exact EDF + motor+ ESC + battery combination if I may ask? :)

Leave a comment:

• Eliminator
    replied
    Hey guys

Just wanted to share some shorts my pals Freewing 90mm conversion to 8s . It really moves. I also added some shorts videos from a dronechase.
    Full video will follow on my channel.
    Greets Rico

https://youtube.com/shorts/hI_eUelvkdA?feature=share

Leave a comment:

• Mtpisgah99
    replied
    Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
    That's from back when I was upgrading my EDF to 8S Jetfan

My 8S 3Ah Panther Li-Pos didn't hold up.

need to add more air intake holes. i upgrade mine to 90mm and add more holes on top and make bigger on existing bottom intakes

Leave a comment:

• Airguardian
    replied
    That's from back when I was upgrading my EDF to 8S Jetfan

My 8S 3Ah Panther Li-Pos didn't hold up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X