Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes Callie had to make up 6002 for me. Mine was a quick rattle can job. I just wanted something I could see better. On 8s this thing really moves. I used Krylon matte black, matte white, matte glacier gray and matte deep gray. Then 3 coats of matte minwax poly on top, brushed on with a foam brush.

From far away you can’t tell but up close it’s obvious a rush job. Sounds like you’ve got a great plan and will have equally great results. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Comment

• Airguardian Thank you for sending me down that Citadel paints rabbit hole.... lots of information on that page and although $25 for a spray can seems outrageous to me im sure it goes a long way in the miniatures world. Im thinking its time to buy a new airbrush set up because of the details I want to do on other projects and I felt limited with Michaels selection. Ill have to find a local shop for the warhammer stuff if any survived lockdown here. Great resource for detailing the cockpit, I guess im going to have to add the opening canopy mod now too, and detail the cockpit. That dead space behind the pilot really bothers me.

Comment

• I mentioned it mostly because since I typically have it around to prime my figures I have used it on some of my RC planes and think the matt finish is particularly good with this one if that's what you're after. I don't particularly enjoy glossy finish of most typical spray paints, but yeah, the Warhammer world-stuff can get a bit expensive.

If you don't find anything better, can always try that ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Skosh25 View Post
          Finished the repaint of my 8S powered Gripen today and took her for a spin with two of her hangar mates. It was the maiden for the MiG-21 as well. In all had 3 Gripen flights, 2 MiG-29 flights and 2 MiG-21.

Not a great paint job finish but Callie graphics make it look better. Don’t stand too close and it’s perfect
          Skosh25 is that "BIG MIG" the Freewing twin 80mm or another model? My Gripen feels huge to me and it looks like a desktop model compared to that beast!

Comment

• Originally posted by BaltimoreBomber View Post

Skosh25 is that "BIG MIG" the Freewing twin 80mm or another model? My Gripen feels huge to me and it looks like a desktop model compared to that beast!
            Yes it’s the Freewing Mig-29....Big-29

Comment

• Another repainted Gripen, I tried to make her look a bit closer to the real thing, all grey surfaces were repainted. Some of the missing decals were added and the nose gear doors were modified as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0063.JPG
Views:	671
Size:	239.1 KB
ID:	307101

Name:	Größenänderung DSCF0067.JPG
Views:	653
Size:	296.5 KB
ID:	307102

Name:	Größenänderung DSCF0066.JPG
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	307103

Name:	Größenänderung DSCF0070.JPG
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	307104

Comment

• Radar-Guy your images arent working

Comment

Radar-Guy your images arent working
                  Thanks! I've uploaded the images again. Visible now?

Comment

• Nope

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                      Nope
                      Sorry, but it looks OK now from here (different devices, cookies cleared, even when logged out from HS)).

Comment

• Radar Guy
                        Looks ok to me , I see them.
                        BVM Bandit, EFlite Carbon Z T-28, EFlite Carbon Z Cub, EFlite Promethus, FW Avanti S, FW A-10 ThunderBolt, FW P-51 Mustang, EFlite Convergance, EFlite Carbon Z Cessna 150, EFlite Habu, EFlite Styker Q-F27, HSD Navy Super Viper

Comment

• I can see them! :)
                          Cool job!

Comment

• Sure looks a lot better Frank. The stock decals are so transparent they might as well have not bothered- it's sad they saw fit to ship the Gripen that way.
                            Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post
                              Sure looks a lot better Frank. The stock decals are so transparent they might as well have not bothered- it's sad they saw fit to ship the Gripen that way.
                              Tom
                              Thanks, Tom. I just used another set of stock decals (the sheet with the dark grey markings). The decals are basically fine, they got the grey colours on the plane wrong. A certain typo has been corrected as well...
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2021-04-03 225341.jpg Views:	0 Size:	23.9 KB ID:	307142

Comment

• I was always going to repaint immediately anyway. What bothers me ALOT are those little star dimples everywhere. Even in the tailpipe.
                                Oh well a wetsanding fool I'll be!

Comment

• Can anyone point me to or know the thrust output on the factory installed EDF unit? I cant seem to find it anywhere. Thanks in advance

Comment

Can anyone point me to or know the thrust output on the factory installed EDF unit? I cant seem to find it anywhere. Thanks in advance
                                    3.0-3.1kg thrust from the 9-blade 80mm 1920Kv Freewing inrunner, according to RC-Castle. You can find it on their website.

Comment

• That’s uninstalled

Comment

• Thank You

Comment

• T33 front gear doors set up

Comment

Working...
                                          X