Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you didn't see it on RCG, here is an easy fix for gear doors that don't close. Thanks to our Belgium buddy.

RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums, blogs, videos and classifieds.

Comment

• Interesting fix...

Comment

• Great fix
        simple and functional

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post
          Forgot to add:

Underwing pylons for the Gripen: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4713773

Comment

• I discovered today my left gear not fully retracting. Had the problem before and found bind in the main gear (knee) joint which wouldn't allow full extension of gear. This time I discovered the plastic gear mount had about 2 mm of up and down play, as the factory glue is no longer holding it solid. Those who are having problems might check it.

Comment

• Aaaaand... about damn time!!

Comment

• Plus some more...

Comment

• A couple of solo flights doing TV aerobatics with smoke and the ground footage of the 'aerial photo session' with the DJI FPV ;)

Comment

• Clips without music:

Comment

• Smoke wingtip trails in slow motion are way too cool!

Comment

• Hey

to be honest I am a little pissed about this product, I bought it without due diligence, my fault. If you dont need the TV unit you are kind of screwed with the impossible CG...
                        SO what is the best way to add that stupid ballast weight? Thank you for any tips

Comment

• When I built my first one the TVs were not available yet. I knew I'd want them so in the joining area at the front of the rear half of the fuselage I made three or four 1/4" tunnels and put a few oz of lead in them. I tack glued the rear onto the fuselage and when the TV became available I gently pulled off the rear part and put the TV rear part on. It still needed a half ounce which I put under the vertical stab.

On #2 which I left non TV iI cut slots in the tail cone and glued lead in the slots.

Don't be pissed, just get it balanced (most have a balance further back than the book number) and fly it, It is a really good plane. By far my favorite one.

. Click image for larger version  Name:	TV new.JPG Views:	0 Size:	68.9 KB ID:	320496Click image for larger version  Name:	Gripen canard throws.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	221.3 KB ID:	320497

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                            When I built my first one the TVs were not available yet. I knew I'd want them so in the joining area at the front of the rear half of the fuselage I made three or four 1/4" tunnels and put a few oz of lead in them. I tack glued the rear onto the fuselage and when the TV became available I gently pulled off the rear part and put the TV rear part on. It still needed a half ounce which I put under the vertical stab.

On #2 which I left non TV iI cut slots in the tail cone and glued lead in the slots.

Don't be pissed, just get it balanced (most have a balance further back than the book number) and fly it, It is a really good plane. By far my favorite one.

. Click image for larger version Name:	TV new.JPG Views:	0 Size:	68.9 KB ID:	320496Click image for larger version Name:	Gripen canard throws.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	221.3 KB ID:	320497
                            Thank you, do you have a picture of your tunnels, so I can have a Idea where to start? I am a bit rusty with craftmanship...lol

Comment

• sorry, I did so I knew where they were but deleted the pictures after adding the TV.

Here is a post by someone else that did the same. RC Groups - View Single Post - Freewing 80mm JAS-39 Gripen

And John created a 3D printed tail cone that has spot to add weight. RC Groups - View Single Post - Freewing 80mm JAS-39 Gripen

Comment

• Originally posted by McDaniel View Post
                                Hey

to be honest I am a little pissed about this product, I bought it without due diligence, my fault. If you dont need the TV unit you are kind of screwed with the impossible CG...
                                SO what is the best way to add that stupid ballast weight? Thank you for any tips
                                My heavy nozzle not only looks better, it can add up to 120g of tailweight (it has slots for inserting up to 60g of lead, invisible once in place, in addition to the nozzle's own weight).

The Gripen needs weight in the tail to achieve an acceptable CG position. This nozzle has accommodation for up to 60g of small lead weights, in addition to weighing over 60 grams itself. Print wide-side down, with supports. You will need to peel off the plastic outer of the stock nozzle, and trim back the foam to leave a stub 13mm long to which you glue the new nozzle. I suggest taping the join on the inside to ensure smooth airflow,

Comment

• Before the TV upgrade I had added 130g of ballast in the tail.

I hid it inside the vertical stab, also on the foam right below the rudder, being careful not to protrude into the duct and also inside the nozzle on the aft end.

I would recommend considering moving the EDF unit aft as much as you can. I managed to shift mine 2.5cm and that helped a lot.

Comment

• Thank you guys, I will try something...🤷🏻‍♂️

Comment

• I have read thru the forum. Looks like consensus is to move CG aft of molded markers on the bottom wing by 15 to 20mm ? I will be using roaring top lipos 4400mah.

Comment

• About 15 for me. Balance is balance, what battery doesn’t change the balance point.

Comment

• 15 at a minimum. ( :
                                          I'm happier more aft.

Comment

Working...
                                          X