Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Freewing JAS 39 Gripen 80mm EDF Jet

Freewing JAS 39 Gripen 80mm EDF Jet - PNP
    Click image for larger version  Name:	mastera.jpg Views:	52 Size:	80.4 KB ID:	271256

The JAS 39 Gripen’s unique delta wing and canard configuration endows it with excellent agility, most notably a tighter turning radius than the American F-16! Flown by more than a dozen NATO countries, the Gripen is a Mach 2 multi-role fighter whose 25 year service history continues onward with distinction.

Freewing has raised the bar again for RC foam electric delta winged jets with the JAS 39 Gripen. This jet is precisely modeled for scale fidelity and practical RC performance, and assembles in minutes including pre-installed electronics and LED lighting. Powered by our popular 80mm 9-blade Inrunner EDF and a 100A ESC, the Freewing Gripen is designed for power! At ~1/9 scale and 1613mm/63” in length, the Freewing Gripen is longer than its predecessor, the Freewing Typhoon/Eurofighter. Referencing the full size Gripen’s short take-off capabilities, the Freewing Gripen is optimized for short take-offs and surviving unkempt landing strips.

Recommended for intermediate to advanced skill level pilots, the Freewing Gripen offers the power, size and speed of a 90mm super scale jet, in a lighter, faster, and more economical 80mm EDF Series package. Full-functioning canards enable high agility, and full-coverage gear doors improve the airframe’s overall aerodynamics.

Visit our Coming Soon section to Pre-Order today!
    Impressive Size

Measuring over 63” long, the Freewing Gripen delivers powerhouse performance in a field-friendly size. A 12” removable nosecone makes transportation a breeze!
    High Scale Fidelity

Fly the world’s first electric Gripen with all the “bells and whistles” of larger EDF class sizes. Lights, suspensions struts, full-coverage gear doors, and optional upgrade paths!
    Full Function Canards

A rarity in the RC EDF Jet world, full function canards give you full command of the Freewing Gripen’s exhilarating flight envelope in both pitch and roll!
    Pre-Installed LED Lighting

The Freewing Gripen features pre-installed DayBright LED Lighting out-of-the-box, using red and green position lights and a bright white landing light.
    Inrunner Power!

Achieve top speeds above 170kph/105mph with our popular and powerful 1920kv brushless Inrunner power system and 9 blade reinforced EDF unit!
    Grass-Ready Retracts

Durable aluminum suspension struts are concealed by full-coverage landing gear doors for optimal aerodynamics. All-new specially designed trailing link main struts soak up rough runways with ease.
    A Century of Service

True-to-life “Heritage” markings commemorate the Czech Air Force’s 100th Anniversary, having fought from 1918-2018 alongside the Allies from World War 2 to various NATO Coalition conflicts to the present day.

Honor the past to preserve the future!
    Upgradeable

Optional 3DPUP (“3D Printed Upgrade Part”) Sets, sold separately, will be made available in late 2020. These sets include a 360 degree 3DTV Thrust Vectoring Nozzle Set that pilots can install themselves using basic hobby skills.
    FEATURES:
    • Full Function canard operation
    • 9-blade EDF with 3658-1920kV Inrunner brushless motor for incredible efficiency and performance surpassing 170kph/105mph top speed
    • Full-coverage landing gear doors for optimized aerodynamics
    • Durable metal landing gear for operation on grass and gravel runways
    • Preinstalled ball linkage and decals
    • 63” total length
    • 12” long removable magnetic nose cone for easy transportation
    • True-To-Life livery commemorating the 100th Anniversary of Allied and NATO service of the Czech Air Force
    INCLUDES:
    • Freewing JAS 39 Gripen 80mm EDF Jet - PNP
    • Brushless motor, servos and ESC preinstalled
    • Instruction manual
    REQUIRES:
    Live Reveal and Overview Video (more to come!)

Tandem Flight and Solo Thrust Vectoring Flight Video

Assembly:

Canard Mixing (on Spektrum):

CG and Rates:

Thrust Vectoring Mixing Video:

(coming soon)
    Attached Files

Mine.

Comment

Killing me!

Comment

Gripen, Rafaele or ammo. Damn I just can’t decide.

Gravy

Comment

Pre-ordered!

Comment

Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post

Gravy
            Yes to all?

Yes to all.

This is the way.
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

I am so glad I didn't like the Mig, I will have one of these for sure one day, don't think I will preorder one though, there will be plenty when they arrive. oh yeah.....

Comment

My #1 request.

So excited, even though it required me to upgrade my radio and spend another few hundred just to fly it.

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                  Yes to all.

This is the way.
                  Alpha has spoken.

Reeeaallly excited for this one!

Comment

For all you guys in the Live Chat asking about 3DTV (Thrust Vectoring), here is a teaser for what we'll be covering in a future video on your YouTube channel, so be sure to Subscribe and hit the Notifications bell.
                    Optional 3DPUP (3D Printed Upgrade Part) Set, SOLD SEPARATELY, not included in the PNP:

* 360 degree Full Aspect 3DTV Upgrade Set
                    * Drop in fit that replaces the stock PNP's aft section in minutes
                    * Requires two 9g servos
                    * Simple radio mixing
                    * Unlocks another level of agility (flat spins, Pugachev's Cobra, etc)
                    * Recommended for advanced pilots only!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Gripen 3DTV.jpg Views:	0 Size:	161.5 KB ID:	271276

Comment

The quickest and easiest decision in a long time. One JAS 39 Gripen pre-ordered to Sweden. Happyhappyjoyjoy

Comment

I want to have everything ready to turbine conversion this jet when I get it could you measure out the battery tray for me so I could get a custom tank made? And how far back dose it go? Is it like the 39 that has a long empty cavity to put a fuel tank?

Comment

My favorite quote from today's Live chat:

"I canardly wait!"

My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Just awesome...this is the only way!

Comment

Aaaaaand... count me in too!

Comment

Just amazing! That's two aircraft in a row that were announced that have been on my must-have list. Thank you!

Comment

the mig is absolutely sweet, but it just wasn't for me. I've actually sworn off buying planes for the year, but I have been asking for either a Saab (didn't care which) or a 1600 BF109 for so long that if I didn't order this, I wouldn't be a man of my word. If I don't hold up my end, then companies like motion will just keep pumping out the same stuff that's already on the market, over and over and over. I'm happy to help prove that more than just P-51s sell.

Mine is on it's way to Washington state, cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Aros View Post
                                    My favorite quote from today's Live chat:

"I canardly wait!"

There were 700 people in the Live Chat at its peak, so I missed that comment. Who said it? Kudos for making me laugh out loud!

Comment

Such a beautiful design!

Comment

Originally posted by Gravythe clown View Post

Gravy
                                        I just hit the gripen order button, so I have 2 of those 3 taken care of... (no rafale)

Comment

Working...
                                        X