X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
    It will not be a thing of the past as we will keep rocking it in our beautiful models ;)
    truth

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	29576D39-6ACB-4667-94DA-C8F845B83073.jpeg
Views:	907
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	274406
      Originally posted by hirth90 View Post
      Can anyone recommend a center burner style LED afterburner that can be purchased in Europe? RC Geek's look good but expensive if include post and VAT on import to Europe.
      Thanks
      Look at RcCastle.com I’m installing this new 80mm Centreburner onto my Gripen..

Comment

• Unfortunately due to Covid 19 regular post is unavailable and the only option offered is a courier service for $28 which seems disproportionate for an item costing $38.
        Thanks for the suggestion.
        By the way there appears to be a lot more LEDs on the RC Geeks device so will this be bright enough. Has anyone seen the two side by side?

Comment

• I just ordered (aprox 2 weeks ago) from RcCastle afterburners for MiG-29 and MiG-17 and the postage was 10 USD.

Comment

• Lucky you! Ive checked their website again and still only allowing courier service at $28. I'll email them, thanks

Comment

• I checked also now and is 10$ to RO.

Comment

• Originally posted by hirth90 View Post
                Can anyone recommend a center burner style LED afterburner that can be purchased in Europe? RC Geek's look good but expensive if include post and VAT on import to Europe.
                Thanks
                I am considering these:
                Die neue Generation extrem leichter, kompakter und sehr effizienter Nachbrennerringe. Die neuen Ringe basieren auf der aktuellen COB LED Technik und können durch die hohe Integration extrem kompakt gebaut werden. Ca. 20 verschiedene Typen mit nur 3 ...

Will require some self-made mounting equipment, though.

Comment

• I do not like rings. Whatever you get, better be centerburner-style, looks so much better IMO.

Comment

Thanks
                    I’m using this in many of my models and it will go into my Gripen (Single Version) and the MiG-29 (Duo Version). Made in Germany, shipping to EU countries only.
                    It’s featuring ultra bright 3W LEDs and a cooling body. No need for an extra RX Channel or Y-harness. Power from any 4-8s flight battery. Control unit with opto coupler. Set price (Single) 70€ plus shipping.

Thanks to Ian and Geert for videos!

Click image for larger version  Name:	F944A3FD-69F6-4999-9DF5-762F0E710B8F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	44.8 KB ID:	274496

Click image for larger version  Name:	67EEBB05-5983-467D-AA98-475BFD06D4BC.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	63.9 KB ID:	274497

Comment

https://uk.banggood.com/3-Color-HD-B...r_warehouse=CN

Possible alternative ?? Seems very low cost
                      Are you willing to wait a long time? My last Banggood purchase took over 3 months during the pandemic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post

I’m using this in many of my models and it will go into my Gripen (Single Version) and the MiG-29 (Duo Version). Made in Germany, shipping to EU countries only.
                        It’s featuring ultra bright 3W LEDs and a cooling body. No need for an extra RX Channel or Y-harness. Power from any 4-8s flight battery. Control unit with opto coupler. Set price (Single) 70€ plus shipping.

Thanks to Ian and Geert for videos!

Click image for larger version Name:	F944A3FD-69F6-4999-9DF5-762F0E710B8F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	44.8 KB ID:	274496

Click image for larger version Name:	67EEBB05-5983-467D-AA98-475BFD06D4BC.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	63.9 KB ID:	274497
                        Looks excellent. I'll opt for this one. Thanks to All for the various suggestions

Comment

• Radar guy, "no need for an extra channel or Y"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                            Radar guy, "no need for an extra channel or Y"?
                            The ESC (both with the Duo unit) is (optionally) connected to the control unit, the servo connection from the control unit plugs into the throttle channel. So to speak an integrated Y-lead.

Comment

• That's an interesting approach.

Comment

I do not like rings. Whatever you get, better be centerburner-style, looks so much better IMO.
                                Same for me. Unlight might have a ring small enough to fit on the motor as a center burner. I will decide when I see the actual motor so I can measure.

But I also do like the one from Eberhard Funk, now that I know it :)

Comment

• Radar-Guy, Glad to see your written words, Sir. Looking forward to seeing any and all 3DPUP mods to this one. Best, LB
                                  I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                  ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Comment

• Elbee
                                      Elbee commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      SM, I don't see any Content in your post. Please "Try Again". Thanks. Best, LB

I do not like rings. Whatever you get, better be centerburner-style, looks so much better IMO.
                                    Agree, rings look exactly what they are, a ring of led lights, not scale looking at all

Comment

Unfortunately due to Covid 19 regular post is unavailable and the only option offered is a courier service for $28 which seems disproportionate for an item costing $38.
                                      Thanks for the suggestion.
                                      By the way there appears to be a lot more LEDs on the RC Geeks device so will this be bright enough. Has anyone seen the two side by side?

If you are remotely handy with a soldering iron, you can make your own for a fraction of the cost of the commercial units. Just as bright, minimal interference with the airflow, and a "flickering" controller. Typically come out less than $30 for a twin, or $20 for a single.

See my blog:

Comment

Working...
                                      X