X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

Does this imply that you have roll input to the canards?
    Yes, I’m using canards as well in roll

Comment

• So what's the best recommend rates ??

Comment

• Originally posted by RudyD54 View Post
        I’m not sure where you’d end up in the canards as I only use them in pitch but I imagine you’d see a similar result.
        so using sticks to the corner to measure the canards out as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by JLambCWU View Post
          ANY aircraft will be lacking in control when the AoA gets too high. (hence the wing drop) A single TV nozel won’t change this.
          Yes and no.

Roll and pitch authority stays fine into really, really high alpha, both with vectoring and without. All that requires is good CG, which you probably have never tried.

Yaw authority on the other hand goes down the drain without vectoring, and remains solid with. So for yaw, which this really boils down to, vectoring is day and night difference.

Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by Apriliamgt View Post
            So what's the best recommend rates ??
            Define "best".

Comment

• Originally posted by RCJetFanatic89 View Post
              Any hell is greatly appreciated!
              Have a hell!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1000?cb=20151219215041.jpg
Views:	712
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	291018

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post

Have a hell!

Click image for larger version

Name:	1000?cb=20151219215041.jpg
Views:	712
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	291018

LOL! Didn’t even realize there was a typo. That’s too funny

Comment

• Couldn't miss the chance!

Comment

Couldn't miss the chance!
                    I would’ve done the same!!

Comment

• Lmao!!!

Comment

• Smoke for the Smoke God!

Comment

• Thank you for the great videos---impressive!

Comment

• Thank you for the feedback! :)

Comment

• Well it took longer than I'd thought (go figure) but the leading edge flaps are done. Thin plastic from a Xmas wrap box was used to cover the bottom wing gaps- these slide back over the wing as the flap comes down. I have them on a 3 position switch and deployment is slowed to 2 seconds- flight modes are also being used, allowing for separate trims in each position (Hugh W. will approve :).
                              Weight gain is about 20 grams per wing- haven't re-checked the CG yet but may be able to remove most of the lead added for the maiden flights.
                              I'm really looking forward to trying the flaps out in flight, but that will probably have to wait 'till spring. Now on to the wing pylons...
                              Merry Christmas all!
                              Tom
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post
                                Well it took longer than I'd thought (go figure) but the leading edge flaps are done. Thin plastic from a Xmas wrap box was used to cover the bottom wing gaps- these slide back over the wing as the flap comes down. I have them on a 3 position switch and deployment is slowed to 2 seconds- flight modes are also being used, allowing for separate trims in each position (Hugh W. will approve :).
                                Weight gain is about 20 grams per wing- haven't re-checked the CG yet but may be able to remove most of the lead added for the maiden flights.
                                I'm really looking forward to trying the flaps out in flight, but that will probably have to wait 'till spring. Now on to the wing pylons...
                                Merry Christmas all!
                                Tom
                                Looks great, looking forward to hear the results!
                                Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Have some more Gripen joy!
                                  This jet makes it so convenient to attach smoke cartridges on the wingtip rails...
                                  Use some isolation though if you do, or you will melt them.

Comment

• Nice flights. The smoke looks especially good down low when you have a background. It looks like you don't get many sunny days in your region that are great for smoke. It would be cool to see it backlit with smoke on.

Comment

Have some more Gripen joy!
                                      This jet makes it so convenient to attach smoke cartridges on the wingtip rails...
                                      Use some isolation though if you do, or you will melt them.

I asked previously but didn't see an answer. How are the smoke cartridges ignited?

Comment

• Looks like he uses cigarette lighter ?

Comment

• It doesn't show them being "lit". I've used the kind that you pull a wire at the end of the cartridge and that triggers the ignition.

Comment

Working...
                                          X