Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video of the Gripen demonstrating emergency landing procedures on a taxiway at our field. Kind of stupid but no one was there and I was bored. There was a crosswind and I was staring into the sun during landings using the runway so.......

Comment

• Originally posted by HaroldAnderson View Post
      Video of the Gripen demonstrating emergency landing procedures on a taxiway at our field. Kind of stupid but no one was there and I was bored. There was a crosswind and I was staring into the sun during landings using the runway so.......

Nice flying :-)
      Thats pretty much how it goes when no other turns up at the field for a long time ;-))))
      I did fly into my car once...

Comment

• Originally posted by rms View Post

Cool with weapon. Did you fly with the LE Flap?
        Nope, not yet- maybe not till spring. I'm not a hardy Artic flyer like you.
        Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by HaroldAnderson View Post
          Video of the Gripen demonstrating emergency landing procedures on a taxiway at our field. Kind of stupid but no one was there and I was bored. There was a crosswind and I was staring into the sun during landings using the runway so.......

Excellent touch and go's Harold! Hey, shouldn't you have snow there by now?
          Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post

Nope, not yet- maybe not till spring. I'm not a hardy Artic flyer like you.
            Tom
            Normally we have snow. Last year it was 1m/ 3ft at this time.
            Its very hard to fly with frozen fingers ;-) .I have figured we need more clothes than we think so we are almost to warm. That way we have excess heat in the body that keep the fingers warm :-))

Comment

• Does anyone know the actual name of the drop tanks (the squarish looking ones) the Gripen uses? Best I find is drop tank or 1100 litre external fuel tank. Trying to model one up for the printer.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyMac! View Post
                Does anyone know the actual name of the drop tanks (the squarish looking ones) the Gripen uses? Best I find is drop tank or 1100 litre external fuel tank. Trying to model one up for the printer.
                Here are some pics to give you top and side views.

Wholesale and retail shop with plastic models of aircraft, military vehicles, ships, cars and accessories.

Comment

• Do any have 3D files for weapon to this FW Jas39 in 1:9?
                  I can see its using many of the same weapons as others figher jet is using.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Do any have 3D files for weapon to this FW Jas39 in 1:9?
                    At the very least would love to have an IRIS-T for my wing tips.

And obviously, a couple of Meteors under the wings would be nice too. After all, it is quite likely the most dangerous air to air missile in existence right now.
                    Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Quite the engineering accomplishment that a modern fighter with one of the lowest operating cost per hour can utilize such a wide selection of armament.

Comment

• This is what I'll be using. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2765476

Comment

Do any have 3D files for weapon to this FW Jas39 in 1:9?
                          I have a 1:9 Sidewinder up on Thingiverse with lugs to fit the wingtip rails. Just search for my name or for Gripen.

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

And obviously, a couple of Meteors under the wings would be nice too. After all, it is quite likely the most dangerous air to air missile in existence right now.
                            STL files for the underwing rails would be good too.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

STL files for the underwing rails would be good too.
                              Absolutely.

Would love to sit down and model a bit more myself, just so darn hard to find time these days.

Instead, having something like 4-5 models needing work, building up a nice little backlog.
                              Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

I can put together a 3D 1:9 scale IRIS-T for the wingtip rails pretty quickly if I can find a 3-view or some dimensions of the fins. I couldn't find anything useful from a quick Google search. I already have the body done.

Do you have anything?

Comment

• The IRIS-T (Infra Red Imaging System Tail/Thrust Vector-Controlled) is a German-led program to develop a short-range air-to-air missile to replace the venerable AIM-9 Sidewinder found in some of the NATO member countries. Any aircraft capable of carrying and firing Sidewinder is also capable of launching IRIS-T. In the 1980s, NATO countries signed a Memorandum of Agreement that the United States would develop a medium-range air-to-air missile to replace the AIM-7 Sparrow, while Britain and Germa

It was hard to find more than lengt and diameter. I gess you have to stipelate the rest...
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

I can put together a 3D 1:9 scale IRIS-T for the wingtip rails pretty quickly if I can find a 3-view or some dimensions of the fins. I couldn't find anything useful from a quick Google search. I already have the body done.

Do you have anything?
                                    Wingspan 447mm
                                    The IRIS-T (Infra Red Imaging System Tail/Thrust Vector-Controlled) is a German-led program to develop a short-range air-to-air missile to replace the venerable AIM-9 Sidewinder found in some of the NATO member countries. Any aircraft capable of carrying and firing Sidewinder is also capable of launching IRIS-T. In the 1980s, NATO countries signed a Memorandum of Agreement that the United States would develop a medium-range air-to-air missile to replace the AIM-7 Sparrow, while Britain and Germa

Comment

• Agree, 3DP pylons would be extra cool.
                                      If anyone does share some, I'll be grateful! :D

Comment

• Here's what they look like

Comment

https://military.wikia.org/wiki/IRIS-T
                                          It was hard to find more than lengt and diameter. I gess you have to stipelate the rest...
                                          Here is my first shot. the body dimensions are good. The fins are guesstimated from photos.

I haven't split it up into easily printable parts yet. Let me know if you think it OK and i'll work on the printing.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X