X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
    Only in YOUR limited mind does this seem to be the case.
    I've posted up a link showing how different people pronounce it and even the Swedes pronounce it in different ways. I've watched for months how you and others fight with one another and throughout it all, it's been YOU, who have been the worst perpetrator. It's just not worth reading your garbage any further. I guess it's time for another to go on the IGNORE list. GOOD BYE!
    If someone helping others do things right bothers you so much, then yes, ignore is exactly what you should do. It is a bit cute observing that you somehow seem to think this is something that I should fear / worry about / dislike though.
    Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

Awesome!

Sure you uploaded the changed version on thingi? Re-downloaded now and seems unchanged.
      According to Wikipedia the diameter of the IRIS-T body is 127mm. At 1:9 scale that makes 14.1.mm for the model, which is what I made it.

Thingi is having problems. Try re-loading, you may have a cached version.

Comment

If someone helping others do things right bothers you so much, then yes, ignore is exactly what you should do. It is a bit cute observing that you somehow seem to think this is something that I should fear / worry about / dislike though.
        Proper nouns that are pronounced differently in English than in the country of origin: Paris, Germany, France, Spain, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Rome, Naples, Mexico, The Hague, China, Japan, Athens, Greece, Venice, Orleans, Ypres . . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post
          Proper nouns that are pronounced differently in English than in the country of origin: Paris, Germany, France, Spain, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Rome, Naples, Mexico, The Hague, China, Japan, Athens, Greece, Venice, Orleans, Ypres . . . .
          Translating proper nouns should qualify for death sentence.

Regardless, that's not what's being discussed here. In this case, it is a matter of a noun not being translated or deliberately pronounced in any English "version". It is a matter of people just not knowing better. Which is perfectly fine in the first place, but willingness to learn should be expected.

Comment

According to Wikipedia the diameter of the IRIS-T body is 127mm. At 1:9 scale that makes 14.1.mm for the model, which is what I made it.

Thingi is having problems. Try re-loading, you may have a cached version.
            Instead of bitching and sounding ungrateful, I'll go make my own. No worries.

The body diameter is according to what you wrote above, so that means the issue is the vanes (and possibly also fins) protruding a bit too much.

Comment

Instead of bitching and sounding ungrateful, I'll go make my own. No worries.

The body diameter is according to what you wrote above, so that means the issue is the vanes (and possibly also fins) protruding a bit too much.
              Quite likely - I couldn't find a 3-view or definitive dimensions for the vanes so I guesstimated.

Try now! (Pretty easy to clip them off with an STL editor if you still think they're too long.)

Comment

• Having replicated things for my work, I know proportions and dimensions can be tough. Especially when working with limited resource, like not having the true dimensions. I actually reproduced the aft end of a JDAM to true scale on a wood lathe for a subcontractor doing some systems design and development for the navy. The navy liaison actually called to find out where the heck we got the JDAM tail section. Anyway, I was using photos and scaling it up with known dimensions of other objects in the photos. The object was to impress the navy so the company that hired me didn't want to ask for dimensions. I ramble, I apologize. Maybe it's more interesting than bickering but who knows.

I wish I had a 3d printer, it is in my future for sure..To be able to produce scale objects for planes seems very fun and rewarding.
                Here are a couple of photos that maybe will help see the proportions. Different angles and lighting helps. With the IRIS it's hard to see the fins when the missile is mounted with the fins at a 45. I've been trying to find a view of it with the fins in the vertical position. But no luck, I hope this helps. Thanks kallend I know once I dive into purchasing and using a 3d printer the existing designs out there will be much appreciated, just saying thanks in advance. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageHandler-20-1 (1).jpg
Views:	618
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	292996Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1056 IRIS-T missile right front seeker head l.jpg
Views:	618
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	292997Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_1034 IRIS-T missile left front l.jpg
Views:	603
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	292998

Comment

• I'll be doing some pylons now that the tanks are on the printer. I have a great side view drawing of them, does anyone have a good front/bottom view?

The drawing I do have does include the meteor rail we see on the pylons too so I'll be working on that as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                    Having replicated things for my work, I know proportions and dimensions can be tough. Especially when working with limited resource, like not having the true dimensions. I actually reproduced the aft end of a JDAM to true scale on a wood lathe for a subcontractor doing some systems design and development for the navy. The navy liaison actually called to find out where the heck we got the JDAM tail section. Anyway, I was using photos and scaling it up with known dimensions of other objects in the photos. The object was to impress the navy so the company that hired me didn't want to ask for dimensions. I ramble, I apologize. Maybe it's more interesting than bickering but who knows.

I wish I had a 3d printer, it is in my future for sure..To be able to produce scale objects for planes seems very fun and rewarding.
                    Here are a couple of photos that maybe will help see the proportions. Different angles and lighting helps. With the IRIS it's hard to see the fins when the missile is mounted with the fins at a 45. I've been trying to find a view of it with the fins in the vertical position. But no luck, I hope this helps. Thanks kallend I know once I dive into purchasing and using a 3d printer the existing designs out there will be much appreciated, just saying thanks in advance.
                    Thanks. I finally got a good dimension for the long lateral fins. The narrow chord ones at the tail are still a bit of a guess. Updated the Thingi files.

Comment

• Just finished installing the VT nozzle and setting it up in the TX. The actual butt end swap took 15 minutes. Hooked up the ELE servo to AUX2 and mixed it. The rudder servo is just "Y'd" to the rudder channel. No reverser was necessary. As mentioned before, the color of the VT section doesn't match the color of the fuse it grafts onto. The nozzle is much lighter in color. Doesn't bother me but for some, this will be very irritating. It won't see any air time till spring, unless the dreaded climate change warms everything up and clears the runways.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	18A50D4F-FFD5-414D-BD4A-FC11F139DDBC.jpeg
Views:	595
Size:	217.6 KB
ID:	293040 Cool!

Comment

• If you get bored with the Gripen ;-)
                          Did som flying with a FW Mirage i bought used from JanMB here now.

Nice scenery light :-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjmVR29xxKM
                          Low, hige alpha training, but bad light with overcast..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3HO8pWhFE0&t=208s

Comment

• Between being a delta, canards, thrust vectoring and 8s power I’m not bored.

Comment

Quite likely - I couldn't find a 3-view or definitive dimensions for the vanes so I guesstimated.

Try now! (Pretty easy to clip them off with an STL editor if you still think they're too long.)
                              Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by rms View Post
                                If you get bored with the Gripen ;-)
                                Did som flying with a FW Mirage i bought used from JanMB here now.

Nice scenery light :-) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjmVR29xxKM
                                Low, hige alpha training, but bad light with overcast..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3HO8pWhFE0&t=208s
                                Nice flying - glad to see you are enjoying her :D

Comment

Thanks. I finally got a good dimension for the long lateral fins. The narrow chord ones at the tail are still a bit of a guess. Updated the Thingi files.
                                  Here is the revised version. Same Thingiverse location.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                    Between being a delta, canards, thrust vectoring and 8s power I’m not bored.
                                    Did you receive the TV unit!?

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	4EF7CE15-B1D6-4B28-96CD-98398EDD06D5.jpeg
Views:	551
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	293091Click image for larger version

Name:	F9BBBE43-BCA6-4201-8C1B-60ECDD5C29A8.jpeg
Views:	555
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	293090Click image for larger version

Name:	136AD6DA-A67C-4E4F-8A36-AECE8D696641.jpeg
Views:	575
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	293089Click image for larger version  Name:	89950730-0AF0-4884-A702-5D16CEA822F1.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	195.9 KB ID:	293087

On the plane in the picture above. Flew a bunch of flights with it and like it. I put more info about my set up and numbers on RCG.

Click image for larger version

Name:	C71E5F1A-952B-4AA1-876C-75C4EC07D914.jpeg
Views:	553
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	293088

Comment

• Hi hope the thrust vectoring unit turn up before spring because I have told every one in my club who would listen about this and I am starting to have people ask me through you are going to fit this kit you keep banging on about ? Foot note don’t jump to early

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                          Between being a delta, canards, thrust vectoring and 8s power I’m not bored.

Very nice. where du you have the batteries og what is the CG? Is it flying good?
                                          What is the total weight of your Gripen? Weight, size of the batteries?
                                          I`m considder to go 8s or even 12s if I find a good solution for the CG...

Comment

Working...
                                          X