Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For out-of-the-box performance, the Mirage is hard to beat.

The Gripen has its charms too, but they're very different.

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyMac! View Post
      Wow! What's your flight time you're getting with those?? Looks pretty good to me.
      Timer is on 3,5 min. 3min until 5 min depend how the throttle is used ;-) I have telemetri so I fly it down to 3,70v each cell so it creeps up to 3,75v with out load ..

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyMac! View Post
          Here are some Gripen drop tanks!

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4709111
          Very good that you and other make this and post this :-)
          I see you have the scale 1/9 witch is good.
          What is the length? Is possible to make it in 1/2 lengths?

Comment

• I have got made one Iris-T :-)
            Was looking for more weapons to the Gripen. Need some grund attack weapons also....AGM 65... It should also have a AGM 88 ;-)
            Do any know the lengt of this AGM 65 for the FW A10? https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4572912
            Do any know of other weapons in approx 1/9 that fit the Gripen?
            Also I wich there was more info on the Thingiverse like lengt and scale, to se if weapons from other plane will fit :-)))
            Thanks to all of you that make it and post it :-))))

Comment

• Originally posted by rms View Post
              I have got made one Iris-T :-)
              Was looking for more weapons to the Gripen. Need some grund attack weapons also....AGM 65... It should also have a AGM 88 ;-)
              Do any know the lengt of this AGM 65 for the FW A10? https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4572912
              Do any know of other weapons in approx 1/9 that fit the Gripen?
              Also I wich there was more info on the Thingiverse like lengt and scale, to se if weapons from other plane will fit :-)))
              Thanks to all of you that make it and post it :-))))
              Check out Dee's page, he has some great stuff! Ground attack underway :)
              Repository of 3D printable designs shared by DirtyDee, designer from Cults, the 3D printing platform.

Comment

• Originally posted by rms View Post

Very good that you and other make this and post this :-)
                I see you have the scale 1/9 witch is good.
                What is the length? Is possible to make it in 1/2 lengths?
                Thank you! I made it 15" long. The 1/10 scale looks more accurate to me but this is in between 1/9 and 1/10.

I sliced this in my slicer into 3 segments to try and replicate the real one. It's too big otherwise. Did I answer your question?

Comment

• I can not find the elevater settings in the manual. I am sure it is on this forum somewhere but I have gone through several pages and can not find the elevater settings. I am using Futaba radio so what is everyone settings in mm for the elevater on this Gripen?
                  Thanks

Comment

• All you need to know... I put more info over on RCG...

FreeWing 80mm Gripen EDF setup - YouTube

An over view video...

FreeWing 80mm Gripen EDF overview - YouTube

Comment

• Great, Thanks Evan D. That help

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Moron View Post
                        I can not find the elevater settings in the manual. I am sure it is on this forum somewhere but I have gone through several pages and can not find the elevater settings. I am using Futaba radio so what is everyone settings in mm for the elevater on this Gripen?
                        Thanks
                        The manual indicates the rates posted are the recommended throws for aileron/elevator .................. page 8.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Moron View Post
                          I can not find the elevater settings in the manual. I am sure it is on this forum somewhere but I have gone through several pages and can not find the elevater settings. I am using Futaba radio so what is everyone settings in mm for the elevater on this Gripen?
                          Thanks
                          The main problem is that the manual states only the combined throw for elevon, including both roll and pitch max stick.

The manual completely fails to address the point that roll input needs to make up far less than half of that sum. The model is VERY roll sensitive (as you would expect), and not at all pitch sensitive - in fact even less than I would have expected.

So when setting up your mixes, make sure you have generous amounts of elevator and very moderate amounts of aileron into those elevons.
                          Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• It's confusing since they give rates labeled Canard and Aileron. They should have given throws of the canards for pitch and roll and the elevons for pitch and roll. The rates in my video work really well for me. I have to say that the roll effect of the canards is minimal though I like the roll better with both elevons and canards.

Comment

• Thanks for the videos Evan!!!

Comment

• Did you try the canards with pitch only? And do you have up reflex of the canards at neutral?

Comment

• Yes and I prefer them with both pitch and roll. No reflex, tried it and didn’t like it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
                                    Did you try the canards with pitch only? And do you have up reflex of the canards at neutral?
                                    Yes, canards should definitely be pitch only, and neutral point should optimally be slightly pitch down. Requires good CG though.
                                    Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• For those who may not be aware, the Gripen is on Canada's "short list"- along with the SuperHornet and F-35- to replace our aging fleet of legacy Hornets. A stop-gap measure of purchasing aging Australian Hornets was/is...never mind, I shouldn't get started.
                                      Anyway, I'm pretending we at some point get Gripens and the boys from the 425th at Bagotville do one up in a demo scheme, as they do each year. There's a bit left to do- panel lines, a clear satin coat to tone down the glossy red paint and decals, some aircraft numbers, but it's basically there, such that it is. I hope too that the scheme helps with orientation- my eyes aren't getting any better.
                                      The pilot figure (from my A-10) is just plonked in there to try the "office" out for size and reports it large enough to accommodate all but his lower legs so an almost full cockpit is next.
                                      Tom
                                      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogo View Post
                                        For those who may not be aware, the Gripen is on Canada's "short list"- along with the SuperHornet and F-35- to replace our aging fleet of legacy Hornets. A stop-gap measure of purchasing aging Australian Hornets was/is...never mind, I shouldn't get started.
                                        Anyway, I'm pretending we at some point get Gripens and the boys from the 425th at Bagotville do one up in a demo scheme, as they do each year. There's a bit left to do- panel lines, a clear satin coat to tone down the glossy red paint and decals, some aircraft numbers, but it's basically there, such that it is. I hope too that the scheme helps with orientation- my eyes aren't getting any better.
                                        The pilot figure (from my A-10) is just plonked in there to try the "office" out for size and reports it large enough to accommodate all but his lower legs so an almost full cockpit is next.
                                        Tom
                                        After decades of debate; procurement studies and assessments wasting our dollars from one cabinet to the next. The Feds in Canada need to put the lost "menusha" behind them. Donald was right. We need something new! The Gripen would be the ticket. Same thing with our helicopters; submarines and all the other stuff that's as old as I am...

Comment

• When the pandemic is over, we'll all be in so much debt, the Canadian air force will be flying Cessna 182's with rocket pods and the navy will be be using row boats for years.

Comment

Working...
                                          X