Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure what radio you use or if you’ll add TVs. I use a DX-18 if you need the file or need “numbers”.

Comment

• Thanks Dave I use Futaba but at the moment the Freewing Gripen is hard to get hold off over here in the UK .Motion RC Europe seem be having a problem with their stock Hence the Gripen is not avaliable here in the UK or Europe at the moment ..Finger's cross it will not be to long before it is back in stock ..Kicking myself for not buying before it went out of stock

Comment

• Originally posted by HaroldAnderson View Post

That looked like on of my flights after the landing. "Hey, I've got 14 seconds of battery left, time for another quick flight!". Way to get that battery down to 3.8 volts... 😎
        Got i it down to 3,72volt each cell ;-) Its so nice with telemetry :-)

Comment

• Conversion to Jet Cat P20SX finally done :D

As far as I know, this is the first turbine converted foamie to feature thrust vectoring :P

(video is loud!)

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210119_133805.jpg Views:	0 Size:	88.9 KB ID:	295203Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210117_220334.jpg Views:	0 Size:	57.0 KB ID:	295204Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20210114_000832.jpg Views:	0 Size:	88.5 KB ID:	295202
          Attached Files
          Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• I hope this shows up on RC Tommy's YouTube Channel janmb. That looks great and clean.

Comment

• Originally posted by James View Post
              I hope this shows up on RC Tommy's YouTube Channel janmb. That looks great and clean.
              Thanks James, I'm sure it will!

We do have a very nice airfield out on a frozen lake we use this time of year, but unfortunately we have so much snow coming the next few days that I don't have high hopes for more flying anytime soon. The problem isn't so much clearing the snow, but the weight of the snow puts the ice under load, which makes water gather on top, making it useless.
              Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Hello,

I am interested in installing pylons on my Gripen. How did did you go about installing and placing yours?

Comment

• Originally posted by skillz40 View Post
                  Hello,

I am interested in installing pylons on my Gripen. How did did you go about installing and placing yours?
                  Here are mine:

These are a modified versions of the missile pylons by Bettsmums. These have their own mounting hardware. The lug and socket are the same as the Freewing standard. and should be printed separately with high infill for strength. The main body needs to be light - I used 10% infill. A socket is also placed under the wing so the rail can be removed. Depending on the accuracy of the printer, the lug and socket may need to be trimmed to make a good but not loose sliding fit. Be aware that there are small differences between the inner and outer pylons. They go immediately ahead of the bulges on the underside of the wing. Bettsmums' original is at https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4708956

They go in front of the bulges on the underside of the wing. The female socket is inset flush into the foam. The inner and outer pylons are slightly different. They are made in parts for ease of printing, and the lugs need to be strong while the pylon itself needs only 5 - 10% infill for lightness.

Comment

• Will Motion RC Europe ever have the Gripen back in stock this side of Easter?????? 🤫

​​​
                    ​​​​​​.

Comment

• I think the Gripen will get in stock before the Rafale for you but I understand. They are different enough where one wouldn’t replace the other for me.

Comment

• Gripen or Rafale?

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Moron View Post
                          Well I have had enough of Motion RC promises on the Gripen .After 3 months of the Gripen being "Out of Stock" in Europe and being told it is in customs waiting delivery ( come on that was over 2 weeks ago) I have given up on ever getting the Gripen and myself and 2 other members of our club who wanted the Gripen. We will give it untill the 28 January and if it is still out of stock on the 28 January when the Rafale is due out. We have decided to order the FMS Rafale. That is 3 sales of Gripen Motion RC will lose out on.
                          ​​
                          Motion RC really need to sort out there stock levels
                          I am getting most of my spare Freewing parts from RC Castle now because Motion RC stocks are so bad
                          ​​​​​​.
                          I get all of my FMS parts from RC-Castle now, but even then delivery times are awful. Got a package yesterday (70mm FMS Pro EDF) that had been 4 weeks in transit and still awaiting another that's now been 5 weeks.

And remember that the Rafale was announced back last summer, BEFORE the Gripen. Yet I already have a bunch of flights on the Gripen and still no sign of the Rafale 5 months later.

Comment

• Good point but FMS said it would be February before it would be avaliable. With Motion RC Europe who knows. Hopefully before Easter but who know

Comment

• It's the communication. I agree completely. Me posting about when will the TVs come in multiple times. Then James saying I sound mad and to just PM him.. a month later I PM and get zero response. try again, nothing, post here, nothing. But then find out he's said on the pod cast that it'll be next year. First, the web site should have the latest information. They should have an idea of where it is and when they will get the container. If they don't know just say so on the web site. It still says late 2020. Second, if an employee (not specifically James) is on line representing the company don't blow off customers, no matter if the customer is a first time one or a long time one.

I know that the TVs have a link to be notified when they are available but I also know that those links don't always work (I can say they don't work for me). So I click on the TVs a few times a day every day, every day for MONTHs now. I have had things in my cart I want that I am waiting to buy when the TVs come in. They'll probably be out of stock by then.

So, I understand the frustration. It's not about a lack of information it's about the runaround with the information.

About the TVs on this plane, they work very well, they make the plane awesome. The set I have on my Gripen a friend ordered from RCC. I owe him a replacement and was expecting to get it from Motion...

Comment

• Actual Gripen Demo flight.

Originally posted by skillz40 View Post
                                Hello,

Attached Files

Comment

• OK, Been reading thru all the discussions about canard setup and now I am more confused than when I started. The question is this, Should canards be used in roll and elevator or just elevator? I run S8R receivers so I have the extra channels and right now they are set up to work with both pitch and roll but I also have them on a switch to disable the roll if I want. Also, I see people say the gyro gain causes oscillations at high speed so I mixed my gain with the throttle so it will drop the gain value as the throttle increases.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post
                                    OK, Been reading thru all the discussions about canard setup and now I am more confused than when I started. The question is this, Should canards be used in roll and elevator or just elevator? I run S8R receivers so I have the extra channels and right now they are set up to work with both pitch and roll but I also have them on a switch to disable the roll if I want. Also, I see people say the gyro gain causes oscillations at high speed so I mixed my gain with the throttle so it will drop the gain value as the throttle increases.
                                    Perhaps you're confused because people have done it both ways successfully. I chose canards in pitch only. I still had to reduce the amount of aileron throw to keep the roll rate comfortable for me. What do you want to do?

Comment

• Fly it like I stole it.

Originally posted by radfordc View Post

Perhaps you're confused because people have done it both ways successfully. I chose canards in pitch only. I still had to reduce the amount of aileron throw to keep the roll rate comfortable for me. What do you want to do?

Comment

• The canards in roll don’t add much to the rate but I think they add to the quality of the roll, it looks better.

I don’t use gyros so can’t add to the second part but sounds like a good idea to try.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post
                                          The question is this, Should canards be used in roll and elevator or just elevator?
                                          Depends on who you ask apparently.
                                          If you want the jet to fly scale-ish, then only pitch, and ideally with a gyro controlling the canards (also only in pitch) and CG shifted aft.

Originally posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post
                                          Also, I see people say the gyro gain causes oscillations at high speed
                                          Only in the roll axis that I have noticed.

Originally posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post
                                          so I mixed my gain with the throttle so it will drop the gain value as the throttle increases.
                                          It may work but you may have conditions with high speed and no throttle (such as a loop, dive, or sudden powering off) so I'd strongly advise against that.

Comment

Working...
                                          X