X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post
    . . . . so I mixed my gain with the throttle so it will drop the gain value as the throttle increases.
    I thought about that but decided against as sometimes I am flying fast at low throttle (steep dive). I couple gain to gear, since I'm never flying fast with the gear down.

Comment

• Originally posted by kallend View Post

I thought about that but decided against as sometimes I am flying fast at low throttle (steep dive). I couple gain to gear, since I'm never flying fast with the gear down.
      Yeah, if anything, you want to adjust gain based on speed, not throttle. Which either requires IAS telemetry or manual switch throws.
      Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Originally posted by janmb View Post

Yeah, if anything, you want to adjust gain based on speed, not throttle. Which either requires IAS telemetry or manual switch throws.
        Good points. I still have gain on a knob to adjust as needed. I wonder if you can mix it with a gps telemetry or actual airspeed sensor...

Comment

• Originally posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post

Good points. I still have gain on a knob to adjust as needed. I wonder if you can mix it with a gps telemetry or actual airspeed sensor...
          Depends a bit on which radio system you use I guess. There are some that certainly can, and some that can not.
          Freewing A-10 turbine conversion: http://fb.me/FreewingA10TurbineConversion

Comment

• Ordered a TV unit from RCcastle dec 17. Came in 0n jan 19 packaged very well and undamaged. The only minor disappointment is that the decals applied to the stock exhaust are not on the TV unit. I know that would add to the cost so I'm happy enough. Hope to have it installed and in the air soon. I wanted to buy from Motion but with no idea of how many units coming in and no pre order i was worried i wouldn't get one this round.
            Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

• 90mm Click image for larger version

Name:	9FC62C51-9F05-471A-95C5-393479AF554D.jpeg
Views:	691
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	296053

Comment

• You installed a 90mm fan? Have you flown it yet?

Comment

• I'd love to shove a 90mm in the Gripen.

Kudos if you can actually make it fit and perform well.

It seemed like way too much carving and too small an exhaust to me, plus would need more air to feed it.

Comment

• Has anyone had any issues with the Gripen main gear doors not closing completely? The gear appear to be straight and the I adjusted the ball links. However, the doors do not want to seem to want to close completely in the front any more.
                    Thanks,
                    Tone

Comment

• I have the same issue. Check to make sure the grub screws holding your landing gear are tight. One of mine were loose and the right gear was getting caught on the door when the gear came up. They still sometimes fail to close completely if I’m at full throttle when I bring up the gear but it reduced the incidence of it occurring.

Originally posted by TS8103 View Post
                      Has anyone had any issues with the Gripen main geer doors not closing completely? The gear appear to be straight and the I adjusted the ball links. However, the doors do not want to seem to want to close completely any more.
                      Thanks,
                      Tone

Comment

• Copy-paste from RCG:

I adressed this early in the thread.

In addition to what has been commented already (pins coming loose and causing the struts to pivot), the strut design is weak where the wire that interacts with the door closing mechanism attaches to the strut, as Freewing made 4 holes there, reducing the cross-sectional area and causing the strut to bend there on hard landings. Oftentimes it is not very visible at first glance but you may notice your struts are bent at that particular section on close inspection. If that is so, take them out, bend them back straight and 'maybe' you get the doors to close again.

I say maybe because first time this happened I managed to solve it this way but the second time I only reduced the problem, not totally resolve it. Wish Motion/Freewing provided better struts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                          Copy-paste from RCG:
                          Wish Motion/Freewing provided better struts.
                          There's ALWAYS something!

They should get us as their beta testers.

Comment

• The strut looks straight but you may be on to something. It would account for why adjusting the ball link on the door itself has. It resolved the problem. When I get home, I will put a straight edge on it and see what it looks like.
                            Thanks,
                            Tone

Comment

They should get us as their beta testers.
                              Amen!

BTW, Jetfan upgrade is done... now waiting for a calm afternoon to remaiden.

CG is now 23-24mm aft of stock marks (finally!).

Comment

• I like your storage racks.

Comment

• For all the people griping about delays in delivery:

SINGAPORE — A critical shortage of containers is driving up shipping costs and delays for goods purchased from China.

The pandemic and uneven global economic recovery has led to this problem cropping up in Asia, although other parts of the world have also been hit. Industry watchers said desperate companies wait weeks for containers and pay premium rates to get them, causing shipping costs to skyrocket.

This affects everyone who needs to ship goods from China, but particularly e-commerce companies and consumers, who may bear the brunt of higher costs.

Comment

• Does the full size Gripen have thrust vectoring or is it just extra for the model?

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain Moron View Post
                                      Does the full size Gripen have thrust vectoring or is it just extra for the model?
                                      The full size has no TV. It's an addition to the model.

Comment

• Puts the people saying the real one doesn't use canards in roll in perspective... I really like the way mine flies both because of the canards in P&R and the TV in P&Y. Plus there's nothing that looks like it in flight, like a Christmas tree...

Comment

SINGAPORE — A critical shortage of containers is driving up shipping costs and delays for goods purchased from China.
                                          I've had stuff go through SingPost during the Pandemic and one took 3 months and another took 2 months. Packages that go via Malaysia tend to go the other way around the world, making its way through Germany. I just got something from RC Castle (Hong Kong). I paid extra shipping and they sent it directly (over the Pacific) from Hong Kong to Canada - took 10 days. The shipping via SingPost was the cheapest and most basic mode.

Comment

Working...
                                          X