Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another smoke-Gripen video (without music/slowmo).

EDF sounded funny due to FOD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
      Another smoke-Gripen video (without music/slowmo).

EDF sounded funny due to FOD.

Did you bang the tail hard on that takeoff?

Comment

• I banged it, wouldn't say it was hard though.
        I struggle to get fast enough to lift off at this runway so I will hit purposefully to max out alpha and get out of the ground... priorities!
        Overshooting here can be very damaging to the aircraft.

Comment

• I regularly smack the tail on landing. That's what the skid is there for. 😀

Comment

• If you do then you must have added to the little fins as they wear fast. I added carbon filled nylon cylinders that are holding up very well for me.

Originally posted by Mizer67 View Post
            I regularly smack the tail on landing. That's what the skid is there for. 😀

Comment

• Noted...I will have to incorporate something on the TV unit for this scrape spot.

Comment

• Always researching, found another Livery I liked for down the road. Heres a good shot for anyone interested. Its a screen capture from the Youtube video titled "Jas-39 - The Long Story (All the first episodes together)" which is the most comprehensive video Ive found so far. Great half an hour.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20210408-201523.png Views:	0 Size:	144.1 KB ID:	307909

Comment

• This jet is underpowered!!!

Comment

• Why do you say that? not enough power to get off the ground? Not fast enough? Compared to what?

Originally posted by haljennings View Post
                    This jet is underpowered!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by haljennings View Post
                      This jet is underpowered!!!
                      Elaborate. Extensively. What is the issue? Did you crash? Do you realize you are basically flying abattery around the sky and that batteries performance dictates the jets performance above all else. I just dont want someone to come in here and make dramatic proclamations without giving us the data behind the experience.

My father built a Goldberg cub 78" full wing, put a very tired Thunder Tiger.40 on it (bushing not even ball bearing) with a undersized prop (9x6), it took a 150 feet to take off and tip stalled constantly, flew it twice and declared it a POS. Gave it to me 20 years later, I took the door stop off the front and put a brand new O.S. .75ax on it and you can do almost every 3D stunt with it.
                      Its easy to overlook something simple. Let these guys help you get the enjoyment you paid for.

Comment

• I can see why someone would state that opinion. Mine is (and we all have one) that it's not underpowered per se, it's just too heavy for an 80mm.

Needs 8S (with very good batteries) to fly as well as lighter FW models on 6S.

Comment

• I can see it too but he could say that for reasons other than what I'm thinking. So I asked...

Comment

• Or he could just be a troll!!! (See I know where the ! key is too)

Comment

• a bad crimp on the battery to esc connection, a 5 year old worn out battery with corrosion in the wires, bad cell, esc going up, radio not transmitting 100% throttle, bad/corroded servo plug or wire, sooo many easily missed things can cause underperforforming its ridiculous to just throw hands in the air.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan D View Post
                                That’s uninstalled
                                I measured (approx) 2.4kg installed. I replaced it with the FMS 3280 2100kV unit and get around 2.7kg with that.

Comment

• Hi I am fairly new to EDF .I have the F 86 Sabre and the Venom ,I have now brought the Gripen after reading the reviews .I need some help with the Cof G .The manual is saying 122mm from the leading edge of the wing and the Cog G mark on the bottom of the wing is exatly that ,but on the web site it said 130mm from the canard root that puts it 10mm to the rear of the Cof G mark on the model .I have put about 33grams (4ozs ) of lead in the rear of the Gripen to achieve the Cof G mark on the model with the 6s 4000 Lipo fully back has far has I can get it .I am totally confused on the Cof G on this model .Needs some help before I attempt to fly it

Comment

• Just to make it more confusing .My manual that came with the Gripen is saying a Cof G of 122mm but if I download the Gripen Manual from this web site it states a c of g of 130mm confused or what 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Comment

• The mark under the wing will work but for me is a bit nose heavy to how I like to fly. Mines about 15-20mm behind the mark. I added TV's which really helped to balance it.

Comment

• Thanks Evan D. So if I fly it on the C of G mark to start with and work it slowly backwards

Comment

• That would be a good idea.

Comment

Working...
                                          X