Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by WarbirdFan66 View Post
      and here something from my workbench, just a little bit of detail work to pass the winter time...

...and for those among you who might be interrested, i just uploaded my cockpit *.stl-files to thingyverse, just put Freewing and JAS39 into the search bar and you should be able to find them, cheers

Comment

...and for those among you who might be interrested, i just uploaded my cockpit *.stl-files to thingyverse, just put Freewing and JAS39 into the search bar and you should be able to find them, cheers
        Outstanding, and your 3D HUD display is spectacular!
        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Hello,
          I can not find the post now but now O got the same problem as others, the gear door will not be closed when you retrac the landing gear. what is the solution to this? I do not see that something is bent or so.

Comment

• On mine it’s a sign to tighten the set screws holding the strut to the retract.

Comment

• Thanks Evan D, I will check that! I didn’t know where to start 😁

Comment

• Originally posted by The swede View Post
                Hello,
                I can not find the post now but now O got the same problem as others, the gear door will not be closed when you retrac the landing gear. what is the solution to this? I do not see that something is bent or so.
                My Gripen is 8s powered and it always happens when I don‘t retract the landing gear ASAP after take-off, it’s obviously related to higher airspeed. When it happens, reducing the airspeed and cycling the gear helps every time.

Comment

• I usually go straight from take-off into high alpha to retract the gear at low speeds, then I proceed with the flight. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Airguardian View Post
                    I usually go straight from take-off into high alpha to retract the gear at low speeds, then I proceed with the flight. ;)
                    That's because you're a crazy man... 🤣🤣🤣👍

Comment

I usually go straight from take-off into high alpha to retract the gear at low speeds, then I proceed with the flight. ;)
                      I go gear up as soon as there's no way to abort to the runway, which is generally immediately after liftoff since our runway is short.

Comment

Not working with a decent 8s fan, she accelerates vertically

Comment

• Originally posted by jasmith41 View Post

That's because you're a crazy man... 🤣🤣🤣👍
                          Well, that's entirely possible...

Originally posted by Radar-Guy View Post
                          Not working with a decent 8s fan, she accelerates vertically
                          I'm using an 8S Jetfan with HET 1865kv motor so it's not like I'm lacking power... going straight into vertical and pull gear up while on the climb is my second go-to strategy!

That said, my addition of a mosquito net on the cheater to protect the EDF limits my fan performance and also, despite my attempts at protecting it, the rotor is getting chipped already.

Anyway, I crashed again the Gripen and in the repairs I'm getting rid of the wing spar and spar sleeve so that should improve substantially my thrust output. Weight savings are about 30g.

Comment

• Haven't visited in a while but another thread got me going so I gotta share. I absolutely love my Gripen now. I'm flying it with an XFLY 80mm 12 blade 2200 Kv fan, 6s 4000 mAh 60c batteries, and Eagle A3-L gyro. I have the canards working pitch only. It is sooo light and the power is good. Nothing I own is better for super tight maneuvering and it just will not stall. With the power I can always blast away from any "situation" without sinking. But yeah, those main gear doors! I take off into a vertical, reduce power and raise the gear while doing a hammerhead stall, works like a charm :)

Comment

• If one of you guys need a few unnecessary but cool looking 3d printed extra parts for your Gripen , like for storing or on Display at the field, here a few intake and exhaust covers for your GRIPEN (but keep in mind you need a bit of a 4mm softrubber cord to complete them )...you can find them on thingiverse under JAS39, blue skys

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220529_143802_front engine cover_k300.jpg
Views:	579
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	348694Click image for larger version

Name:	20220529_143704_rear cover_k300.jpg
Views:	547
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	348695

Comment

If one of you guys need a few unnecessary but cool looking 3d printed extra parts for your Gripen , like for storing or on Display at the field, here a few intake and exhaust covers for your GRIPEN (but keep in mind you need a bit of a 4mm softrubber cord to complete them )...you can find them on thingiverse under JAS39, blue skys

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220529_143802_front engine cover_k300.jpg
Views:	579
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	348694Click image for larger version

Name:	20220529_143704_rear cover_k300.jpg
Views:	547
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	348695
                                very nice!
                                https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

• Nice demo of an 8S powered Gripen in strong winds, recorded at a German EDF meeting 2 weeks ago.

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

• Greetings from Sweden!

Bonus:

Comment

• Also got to see the Gripen's daddy... huehuehue!

Comment

• How many mm are your deflections for the elevator functon in the rear (ailerons) and the canards? Not sure how many mm I should use on the elevators for the pitch function.

Comment

• Originally posted by JetFun View Post
                                          How many mm are your deflections for the elevator functon in the rear (ailerons) and the canards? Not sure how many mm I should use on the elevators for the pitch function.
                                          Everyone will have their own preference based on their experience and flying style, so it's a bit of a loaded question as is what expo others are using. You should start with what the book says, which also states that elevator travel should be the same as aileron travel. If you have switches that give you 3 rates, use the book values for low and high and dial in either a lower one OR a higher one depending on how you feel about it. Or do what I do to start with ................... dial in a slightly lower rate than the lowest book value and a slightly higher rate than the high book rate and do an average for the middle rate. Go fly it and adjust accordingly. It will also be different if you have the vector nozzle.

Comment

Working...
                                          X