Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gizmo6023
    replied
    What is the trick to removing a canard servo? Seems the servo lead is stuck, likely got glued to something.

Leave a comment:

• Gizmo6023
    replied
    Originally posted by Evan D View Post
    You have a warranty, have Motion send you a replacement, whether a wheel or assembly.
    Warranty expired 23 days ago while I was out of state for work so I am now looking for a suitable replacement to purchase.

Leave a comment:

• kallend
    replied
    You have a warranty, have Motion send you a replacement, whether a wheel or assembly.
    Both the kits I bought this year came with big yellow notices saying the warranty is only good for 30 days. So it's best not to dilly-dally in checking everything.

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Gizmo6023
    replied
    Just started on my Grippen and discovered one of the nose wheel tires is out of round, checked the site for spare parts and the only nose wheels are part of a nose gear set, no separate wheels.
    Does anyone know of a suitable replacement for the stock nose wheel assemblies?

Leave a comment:

• kallend
    replied
    Originally posted by Tipstalled10 View Post

They are located deep in the recess of where it popped out. there is a plastic piece with a hole for the nub. Took me using a dental pick to find it ! The nubs I created with toothpicks were actually too long, once I shortened them and knew where they went they popped right in. Gear doors fixed. Did not cancel the order for the gear doors, old adage, if you have the spare parts on hand you'll never need them. It's the ones you don't have that you need!
    Oh, OK. I thought you meant you'd found them for sale on the Gripen spare parts list somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• Tipstalled10
    replied
    Originally posted by kallend View Post

Where did you find them?
    They are located deep in the recess of where it popped out. there is a plastic piece with a hole for the nub. Took me using a dental pick to find it ! The nubs I created with toothpicks were actually too long, once I shortened them and knew where they went they popped right in. Gear doors fixed. Did not cancel the order for the gear doors, old adage, if you have the spare parts on hand you'll never need them. It's the ones you don't have that you need!

Leave a comment:

• kallend
    replied
    Found the hidden hardpoints. Ordering new gear doors.
    Where did you find them?

Leave a comment:

• kallend
    replied
    Can someone tell me what I need to order. My gear door popped off, the plastic piece that holds the nub from the gear door appears to be missing. I have looked at the spare parts but just can not figure it out. Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0946.jpg Views:	0 Size:	39.3 KB ID:	398181 Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0945.jpg Views:	0 Size:	39.8 KB ID:	398180
    I don't see it in any of the "Plastic parts" sets. Would be very easy to make with a 3D printer. Or make one out of thin ply or ABS sheet and glue it in.

Leave a comment:

• Tipstalled10
    replied
    Found the hidden hardpoints. Ordering new gear doors.

Leave a comment:

• Tipstalled10
    replied
    Can someone tell me what I need to order. My gear door popped off, the plastic piece that holds the nub from the gear door appears to be missing. I have looked at the spare parts but just can not figure it out. Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0946.jpg Views:	0 Size:	39.3 KB ID:	398181 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0945.jpg Views:	0 Size:	39.8 KB ID:	398180

Leave a comment:

• kallend
    replied
    If you have access to a 3D printer, I have posted files for IRIS-T and Meteor missiles, along with underwing missile pylons, for the Gripen on

1:9 scale IRIS-T missile with lug to fit Freewing Gripen wingtip rail. The nose section has some breakaway parts that look like fins to support it upright while printing. These are not part of the missile - remove after printing. Will need supports. Underwing pylons at https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4713773

These are a modified versions of the missile pylons by Bettsmums. These have their own mounting hardware. The lug and socket are the same as the Freewing standard. and should be printed separately with high infill for strength. The main body needs to be light - I used 10% infill. A socket is also placed under the wing so the rail can be removed. Depending on the accuracy of the printer, the lug and socket may need to be trimmed to make a good but not loose sliding fit. Be aware that there are small differences between the inner and outer pylons. They go immediately ahead of the bulges on the underside of the wing. Bettsmums' original is at https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4708956

and

Print as light as possible except for the mounting lug (if used). To stabilize printing vertically, some breakaway pads are added to the forward section. Remove after printing. Underwing pylons for the Gripen are here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4713773

Leave a comment:

• Tipstalled10
    replied
    Originally posted by Icarus the 2nd View Post
    Here's a flight with my Gripen in some serious crosswings which made the landings very "interesting"

Interesting indeed ! I really like how you painted your missles white, I'm guessing to help orientation. I have some Freewing F-14 armament laying around might do the same. Can you share what power system you were running in that video ?

Leave a comment:

• Icarus the 2nd
    replied
    Here's a flight with my Gripen in some serious crosswings which made the landings very "interesting"

Leave a comment:

• Tipstalled10
    replied
    Moved the light controller back from under wooden tray. Very crowded under there. Required adding about 6 inches of wire to the landing gear light. Also redid the very bland cannon. Liberties were taken!🤣 Maiden soon, going with 10mm behind the cg mark. Working my way back if I feel comfy! Lots of good info here!!

Leave a comment:

• Tipstalled10
    replied
    I think maybe Jon (two brothers RC) or Jandro would be the only ones to answer that as I think they are the only ones I know that have done programming to have the canards control air glow over the wings. I think Jon is more active over on RCG.

the DX 18 is still a very good radio.
    Just viewed Jons setup video. Very informative. I was glad to see my old eyes were not deceiving me. So he has a mix called High Alpha where the canards during the first half of elevator input go opposite the corresponding elevon up input. The latter half they follow. Not sure my Dx-18 has that ability. Thanks for pointing me to some good info.

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    I think maybe Jon (two brothers RC) or Jandro would be the only ones to answer that as I think they are the only ones I know that have done programming to have the canards control air glow over the wings. I think Jon is more active over on RCG.

the DX 18 is still a very good radio.

Leave a comment:

• Tipstalled10
    replied
    This is a model based on a real plane. There are significant differences such as airframe material (this is foam), power plant (electric) and flight control (this doesn't come with one). When you decide to install your radio you can make it as complicated or simple as you want. You can use a simple 7ch set up without a gyro or go 12+ channels with a flight controller and a lot of different modes. You can also program functions to replicate the real aircraft or choose to set it up in a more simplified way. I chose to not replicate the air flow typ mode and have canards doing pitch, roll and a higher throw air brakes, and TV's. I don't have a gyro or flight controller.

It'll be interesting to hear what you decide to do and how it works.
    Thanks for the info. I had to watch the videos a couple of times, the real 1/1 scale and the video posted by "Airguardian". Around 6:02 of the video on a slow flyby high alpha pass, you can distinctly see the canards are pushing down and it seemed counter to what the Motion set up and how I would think the canards worked. I am planning on using the latest 10 channel lemon receiver with stabilization and vectored thrust. Won't use the vectored thrust till I get used to the plane. Will only use canards for pitch unless I get a wild hair. I have a DX-18 G2(time for an upgrade ??) . Will be using stock edf and motor with a 4k 6 cell 60c battery.
    What is the air flow mod and is it used only in High Alpha?

Thanks for your time !

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    This is a model based on a real plane. There are significant differences such as airframe material (this is foam), power plant (electric) and flight control (this doesn't come with one). When you decide to install your radio you can make it as complicated or simple as you want. You can use a simple 7ch set up without a gyro or go 12+ channels with a flight controller and a lot of different modes. You can also program functions to replicate the real aircraft or choose to set it up in a more simplified way. I chose to not replicate the air flow typ mode and have canards doing pitch, roll and a higher throw air brakes, and TV's. I don't have a gyro or flight controller.

It'll be interesting to hear what you decide to do and how it works.

Leave a comment:

• Tipstalled10
    replied
    This will be my first active canard plane. I watched the video by Motion on the Canard mixing. It makes sense. However, watching videos of this model and watching some airshow videos of this in High Alpha the canards appear to be deflecting opposite. Is there a need to make different mixes where the canards follow and one to make them opposite of the elevons.? I would only be using the canards in pitch.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X