X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eflite F-4, a value choice?

I just saw that Eflite F-4 phantom has a big price drop. Now it is at 337, dropped from 499. Sounds like a value choice, considering that 64mm F15 on HH site costs 199.

It's a great value at that price. It flies really well and has been a ton of fun!

Comment

That's a good price!
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Although that is a good price and the discount is very attractive, don't be misled into thinking that they ever sold this plane for $499.00. Their pricing format always shows a "discount" even on the first day of availability. I bought one at "regular" price just the beginning of July and it was around $400.00US.

Comment

I bit on the F-16 when they had a sale, wish I hadn't. MRC sparing practices in comparison are reason enough to avoid Horizon.

I think the nose gear on this one is problematic, just like the F-16.

Comment

Sales numbers must have been going down.

Nice price, but not a F-4 fan, here.

Comment

From this morning's flight. So far, this plane has held up well. Even though I've nailed the grass a few times, the landing has been tough enough to take it. My friend's FW F-4, on the other hand, has not been so lucky. He's had to fix the nose gear several times already.

Comment

I've basically learned to fly EDF's on this thing in very short order. It's easy to fly, forgiving, fun. I've replaced the front gear with the avanti v3 nose gear setup and it has held up much better.

Comment

Originally posted by xviper View Post
                  From this morning's flight. So far, this plane has held up well. Even though I've nailed the grass a few times, the landing has been tough enough to take it. My friend's FW F-4, on the other hand, has not been so lucky. He's had to fix the nose gear several times already.

Nice flight, the landing is soft! The weather seems lousy though, ha

Comment

Originally posted by long-love-rc View Post

Nice flight, the landing is soft! The weather seems lousy though, ha
                    Smoke from the west coast fires.

Comment

Bought mine at the $337 price. Maidened last weekend... Book CG is way too far forward, other than that flies great. The FMS 80mm inrunner is a gem even if its the V1, this thing MOVES. Looks awesome too and LIGHT. Fits in the hatchback super easy even with the wings on. Probably going to swap in the V2 PRO version of the motor that I have in my FW Avanti. Also kicking around doing the V3 FMS Avanti nose gear although the stock gear held up fine on gravel this weekend, just adds a lot of drag and hard to steer...

Comment

I have one. It flies VERY well.

I agree about the nose retract, however. It doesn't handle rough fields at all well.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottyDsntKnow View Post
                          Bought mine at the $337 price. Maidened last weekend... Book CG is way too far forward, other than that flies great. The FMS 80mm inrunner is a gem even if its the V1, this thing MOVES. Looks awesome too and LIGHT. Fits in the hatchback super easy even with the wings on. Probably going to swap in the V2 PRO version of the motor that I have in my FW Avanti. Also kicking around doing the V3 FMS Avanti nose gear although the stock gear held up fine on gravel this weekend, just adds a lot of drag and hard to steer...
                          I put the PRO in mine. Very noticeable improvement even though stock was fine.

Comment

Originally posted by jkallend View Post

I put the PRO in mine. Very noticeable improvement even though stock was fine.
                            I ordered the PRO last night from Ali. Should be here in um... forever. But I've got another Pro that was going in the FW Mig21 that I'm going to put in the Phantom right now and then when the new one comes in that'll go in the Mig. Will give the V1 to a friend to put in an outrunner Avanti, should wake that thing right up.

Comment

Too windy to fly it today with the new motor, will fly it manana. The V2 dropped right in, 0 issues at all. Little heavier than the V1 so I'll have to watch CG. Thing was already a rocket, can't wait to see how it does tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X