X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-33 TO P-80 CONVERSION

started a new project..something ive been wanting to do for a while...a p80 conversion! Theres a good chance im going to scratch build a X1 so ive got something to chase :) my son and i love the X1..and so i thought it fitting to do a p80..the t33 was pretty beatup from its many flights..so i figured now or never lol. Check out the video as i go over the process..

Attached Files

Nice can't wait to see the finished product!

Comment

Looking good, there.

I have been delayed on my P-80 conversion by a bout with Covid 19, a tough work schedule and a few new models this past May-sept.

Back on it, though.

An offer to 3D print a new canopy pattern fell though, but I did get a pattern printed for the early style P-80 tip tank. Currently making a canopy pattern from scratch in Ren tooling board.

Need to take some new pics, as mine is now in white foam primer, after blending the fuse joints.

Parts should go off to Sparky at Parkflyer Plastics in a couple of weeks.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tab28682 View Post
        Looking good, there.

I have been delayed on my P-80 conversion by a bout with Covid 19, a tough work schedule and a few new models this past May-sept.

Back on it, though.

An offer to 3D print a new canopy pattern fell though, but I did get a pattern printed for the early style P-80 tip tank. Currently making a canopy pattern from scratch in Ren tooling board.

Need to take some new pics, as mine is now in white foam primer, after blending the fuse joints.

Parts should go off to Sparky at Parkflyer Plastics in a couple of weeks.
        Looks great! Did you shorten the rear fuse too?

Comment

Check out the p80 in flight!!

Comment

Heres a video showing the duct mods i did..

Comment

If you find you need more intake volume full size T-33’s and F-80’s had “cheater holes”. There are two “blow-in” doors on top of the fuselage just aft of the canopy that are spring loaded closed and open due to suction demand at high power settings and slow speeds. Although they wouldn’t be very large to scale they may offer a little extra intake volume for takeoff.

Comment

Good ide. Panthers/cougars had similar doors. Honestly ita flying pretty well. Plenty of thrustbfor go arounds and whatnot. And that was on my less powerful packs

Comment

I am really enjoying your thread how is it progressing?

Comment

Quite well! In primer! Taking her out again tomorrow :)

Comment

Working...
                    X