You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Freewing A-6 receiver and CG suggestions...?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The A-6 being bomber is not fast like a F-18, it's fairly easy to fly to. I don't have a gyro/ AS3X in mine but there are a ton of 6-7ch options. I use 5200 packs weighing 620-645g. Book balance.

Making it your own is a great idea. Here's mine done as they were when I worked on them in 1977-79. E models without FLIR.

Click image for larger version  Name:	6B7BCECC-2189-46F8-A3DA-D634C55BA6C2.png Views:	0 Size:	1.94 MB ID:	316648

Comment

Your A6 looks awesome Evan! It must be so cool to fly the plane and livery you worked on!

Comment

Thanks. A friend of mine who is also ex .mil did it as one of his earliest paint projects. He bought the kit (no power plant or servos) and did it for me off pictures I had. He's Hawk Driver on RCG and has done some great work. I really like his Rafale repaint into military grey.

Comment

I like seeing it with that nose color. Most of the A6s I saw flying as a kid were with that nose color. It's nice to see the model in a squadron livery that's different from stock or what's typically used. Even the grey looks better than stock, maybe it's just the sun and nose color. It looks sharp!

I've seen HawkDrivers F16N and your Broncos but not the Rafale, I'll go check it out on RCG.

Comment

i bought mine used about 8 years ago ,, used and wasent ready i thought to fly it .. tryed to sell it once but when the guy picked it up the nose gear fell out lol.. kinda puts a bad taste in his mouth and decided not to buy it ,, its sat collecting dust in garage for about 6 yrs and then i tryed to fly it and the nose gear just didnt work out ,, put it on the bench and found the steering arm set scew was not able to set on the pin flat spot so when it turned it stayed easy fix just had to grind down the stering arm to fit the retract pin flat spot friday it will fly or die!!!! I NEED THE SPACE

Comment

Guys i want to change out the old elevator servos with metal gear servos. Are both servos in the elevator compartment standard or one standard and one reverse? Thanks

Comment

My v1 A6 is now flying great after changing out the elevator servos. Very smooth elevator up and down now compared to old nylon geared servos. After looking at battery placement pics mine is a 4000ma battery placed about a inch under the lip of the nose and gives me a cg right at 285mm. I also replaced the old metal fan with the plastic 9 blade 1920 in runner. Not sure if that changed battery placement to get cg but it seems to work

Comment

Great report!

Comment

i was really supprised evan

Comment

I love mine (first edf!) but would love to run a bigger battery for longer flight times. I’m running a 12 blade fms edf and I’m using a 4000mh admiral 40c. What brand are the 5200 that are used and did you modify any compartment space?

Comment

There are more than a few that work, shop comparing weight and dimensions. A few of the ones I have and use are the power hobby 5000 100c (don’t believe the c rating) small and light @575g,
                        the power hobby 5200 50c @645g and hobby star 5200 45c @640g. But there are others.

Comment

Thank you!! Just needed a place to start. Plus I like using exactly what works for someone else

Comment

Originally posted by Ron1950 View Post
                            My v1 A6 is now flying great after changing out the elevator servos. Very smooth elevator up and down now compared to old nylon geared servos. After looking at battery placement pics mine is a 4000ma battery placed about a inch under the lip of the nose and gives me a cg right at 285mm. I also replaced the old metal fan with the plastic 9 blade 1920 in runner. Not sure if that changed battery placement to get cg but it seems to work
                            so with your lipo so far fowards how do you hold it in place please ?

Comment

seems like a lot of the veteran rc guys on here like SMC batteries. i've got just about everything else but those. i'm liking the roaringtops the best for overall performance and they seem to give longer flight times than the same size and rating by others...

Comment

Working...
                              X