• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mongo View Post
    real twins:

2x 80 mm F-4
    2x 80 mm T-38
    2x 80 mm F-101

80 or 90 mm F-106
    Considering the issues Freewing has had with the MiG29 FFS, I think a twin 80mm F-101 would be an even tougher design problem.

Comment

80mm Mig 15 to go with the 80mm Sabre

Comment

Lets change the title of the thread to... actual produceable models that haven’t already been made 10 times before

Comment

Originally posted by Quickstop View Post
          Lets change the title of the thread to... actual produceable models that haven’t already been made 10 times before
          True that some of the suggestion have been made before, but only in rubbish quality.

Comment

There's a few that need to be done right... F-8 Crusader/80 or 90mm, A-7 CorsairII/80or 90mm, definitely redo the F-4 as a 80mm twin. But, I really think one of the sexiest jets never done is the RA-5 Vigilante. Bad ass service in Nam, lots of color schemes, and some cool options. Make it a 80mm twin with a spring loaded nuclear load! Click image for larger version

Name:	953px-RA-5C_Vigilante_RVAH-7.jpg
Views:	545
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	295037
            Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

Last of those I saw active was on Ranger back in the late 70's, very cool bird that would make a good model.

Comment

Originally posted by kallend View Post

Considering the issues Freewing has had with the MiG29 FFS, I think a twin 80mm F-101 would be an even tougher design problem.
                nobody said it had to be an easy one to do<G>...
                when they outlaw R/C, only outlaws will have R/C

Comment

Originally posted by mongo View Post

nobody said it had to be an easy one to do<G>...
                  The only one of your suggestions I'd bet any money on would be the 80mm F-106, and even that I consider unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by kallend View Post

The only one of your suggestions I'd bet any money on would be the 80mm F-106, and even that I consider unlikely.
                    What would your suggestion for a production be? I think you have a winner in mind. Is she at the post? Hot to Trot? I want to see a nice F9F Panther to "sister up" to the T33....

Comment

Would also like to see an Avro CF-100 Canuck!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Avro-CF-100-Canuck.jpg
Views:	466
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	295359

Comment

How about a twin 80mm EA-6B

Name:	5365FEB8-16AB-49A5-B176-EA27B925C168.jpeg
Views:	498
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	295377

Comment

And, I’d really like one of these in 80 or 90mm, F11F Tiger.

Name:	53745C83-7B22-49F9-9054-69486CC4983E.jpeg
Views:	455
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	295398Click image for larger version

Name:	DDDD41D3-A2B7-43AF-8EF5-BC215ACF18A4.jpeg
Views:	444
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	295399

Comment

That would be a big plane, big enough to have working speed brakes and other "features". I wonder how well it would sell?

Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post
                            How about a twin 80mm EA-6B

Name:	5365FEB8-16AB-49A5-B176-EA27B925C168.jpeg
Views:	498
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	295377

Comment

Comment

[QUOTE=Evan D;n295423]That would be a big plane, big enough to have working speed brakes and other "features". I wonder how well it would sell?

Who knows? It would be big enough to incorporate the spoilers for the roll axis like on the full size, along with the wingtip speed brakes, full width flaps etc. Doesn’t seem like the A-6 is very popular, so I doubt an even larger Prowler would do very well. But I’d buy one! Maybe two. Someone else here has mentioned kit bashing an A-6 into a Prowler. I’ll certainly attempt that at some point. But that’s going to be quite a project.

Comment

I wanted to add another that really needs mentioning. The Su-57 Felon is almost operational at this point, with production ramped up. It is, to my eyes, maybe the most beautiful fighter built to date. Sukhoi really nailed this one and it's capabilities are second to none. To the point... it blows the F-22, F-35, and J-20 away. Gotta hand it to Russia, they have build one incredible flying machine.

Name:	Cy-57.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	304114
                                  Attached Files
                                  Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

Originally posted by nuts-n-volts View Post
                                    I wanted to add another that really needs mentioning. The Su-57 Felon is almost operational at this point, with production ramped up. It is, to my eyes, maybe the most beautiful fighter built to date. Sukhoi really nailed this one and it's capabilities are second to none. To the point... it blows the F-22, F-35, and J-20 away. Gotta hand it to Russia, they have build one incredible flying machine.

Name:	Cy-57.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	137.7 KB
ID:	304114
                                    Elegant, like a visual artist was involved in setting the external shape. The parts are all visually in harmony with each other. Not many fighters are like that; the Hunter comes to mind.

Comment

Avro Arrow

Name:	Avro Arrow.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	304141

Comment

I’ve been wanting to see the F106 for a long time. I’d buy one in a minute. I’ve owned and flown delta’s. In my opinion they are easy to fly and forgiving. You must however make sure your cg is right.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck310 View Post
                                          I’ve been wanting to see the F106 for a long time. I’d buy one in a minute. I’ve owned and flown delta’s. In my opinion they are easy to fly and forgiving. You must however make sure your cg is right.
                                          Right there with ya! Been hoping for a 106 for a long time. A big 90mm or even a smaller 70mm would nicely differentiate itself from the other deltas (Mirage and Grippen). Another plus is the simple and wide-stance gear layout. Would love to see the bigger 90 with room to add some functional weapons bay doors!

Comment

Working...
                                          X