X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrows RC Twin 64mm F 15

It looks like Arrows RC is coming out with another twin 64mm in the shape of an F15. I am curious if we will see more twins in this size over time.

Originally posted by SanExup View Post
    It looks like Arrows RC is coming out with another twin 64mm in the shape of an F15. I am curious if we will see more twins in this size over time.

https://youtu.be/HDyb2J_piQI
    Twin 64s give about the same output as a single 80, which leads to a very convenient size model for transportation in one piece in an average vehicle.

Comment

Yeah, It's definitely a size that peaks my interest. I would jump on an F18 and other twins in this size.

Comment

Watched the flight video and sounded pretty good. It is interesting that Arrow came out with thier Mig 29 then MRC came out with thier twin 80mm Mig 29. Now Arrow comes out with a 64mm twin F15 so will MRC come out a twin 80mm F15......... I really hope so......

Comment

Originally posted by wolpertinger View Post
          Watched the flight video and sounded pretty good. It is interesting that Arrow came out with thier Mig 29 then MRC came out with thier twin 80mm Mig 29. Now Arrow comes out with a 64mm twin F15 so will MRC come out a twin 80mm F15......... I really hope so......
          If they do, I hope they do a better job of test flying it and fixing design issues BEFORE it goes on sale than they did with their MiG.

Comment

Damn, the lack of full flying horizontal stabilizers killed my interest in that F-15. I know that's a big problem with the FW Mig-29, but omitting it is a dealbreaker for me.

Comment

Comment

UK price at Als Hobbies £999 so I will give it a miss

Comment

Originally posted by kallend View Post

Twin 64s give about the same output as a single 80, which leads to a very convenient size model for transportation in one piece in an average vehicle.
                  Although invariably ends up with a fussy battery size, either by way of physical fit or to achieve a satisfactory CG. Hard to justify a plane that needs a unique form factor pack when you've got a thousand bucks worth of 5000mah and 4000mah bricks.

Given how narrow the battery space is in the Freewing 90mm F-15 my bet is the arrows will be tight.

Comment

Originally posted by mshagg View Post

Although invariably ends up with a fussy battery size, either by way of physical fit or to achieve a satisfactory CG. Hard to justify a plane that needs a unique form factor pack when you've got a thousand bucks worth of 5000mah and 4000mah bricks.

Given how narrow the battery space is in the Freewing 90mm F-15 my bet is the arrows will be tight.
                    Pack size and placement issues are a problem with a lot of 70 and 80mm models too. Freewing Mirage2000, F-35 V2, Gripen and 70mm F-104, the Dynam Vampire and Meteor, and the FMS 70mm F/A-18 all come to mind. Even the 90mm FlyFly Hunter.

If I really want a plane I'll just buy whatever pack is needed to make it happen.

Comment

Finished my F-15 today and installed 'afterburners'. Quality is excellent. Looks like I'll be using 3300 packs. Only part I don't like are the foamy missiles.

I uploaded Do-It-Yourself afterburner adapters to Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4042564

Not flying weather here for a while.

Comment

I've been close to pulling the trigger on the Arrows Mig for some time but have held off. I'm hoping the F15 has cleared up the gear issues. It does seem like the Mig is worth upgrading and enjoying, so I'm hoping this is good out of the box. I can't wait to see more reviews of it.

Comment

Afterburners!

Comment

I've been close to pulling the trigger on the Arrows Mig for some time but have held off. I'm hoping the F15 has cleared up the gear issues. It does seem like the Mig is worth upgrading and enjoying, so I'm hoping this is good out of the box. I can't wait to see more reviews of it.
                            I haven't had any gear issues with my Arrows MiG. I think that issue was way overblown.

Comment

Interesting observation in the RCG thread on this F-15.

The ESCs state "2-4 Lipos". However, in the MiG29 the ESCs, which appear identical, state "2-6 Lipos". Top picture MiG, bottom picture F-15 (sorry for different sizes)

What to believe?
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5596.jpg
Views:	947
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	298451Click image for larger version

Name:	20210208_094353.jpg
Views:	915
Size:	154.2 KB
ID:	298452

Comment

Both say 5-12NiMh which is 14.4VDC, which is only 4S voltage.

Comment

Comment

I repainted my Eflite F15 as a warmup to the Arrows F15. I was hoping that maybe the navy used an F15 somehow as an agressor, probably not. Either way I will probably go with camouflage, either an existing agressor camo, a fictional version, or a Japanese air defense one. I like the splinter camo, especially in woodland colors, but it seems to easy for this model and I'm trying to broaden my skills.

Are there any flight reports on the Arrows F15? There are very flew flight vids on youtube. Click image for larger version

Name:	20210218_201604.jpg
Views:	848
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	301148

Comment

I repainted my Eflite F15 as a warmup to the Arrows F15. I was hoping that maybe the navy used an F15 somehow as an agressor, probably not. Either way I will probably go with camouflage, either an existing agressor camo, a fictional version, or a Japanese air defense one. I like the splinter camo, especially in woodland colors, but it seems to easy for this model and I'm trying to broaden my skills.

Are there any flight reports on the Arrows F15? There are very flew flight vids on youtube. Click image for larger version

Name:	20210218_201604.jpg
Views:	848
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	301148
                                      So far there are not many videos out for this new Arrows F-15. A few people are blaming it on the weather throughout the country and I have a tendency to agree. I just got done building mine but haven't flown it because of the weather. You might try this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfhqIZOQwqE

It's good to see another fellow Wyoming RC pilot out there.

Comment

mburton47 Thanks for the link!

The weather has been almost hard to fathom this winter. It started out rather mild here until two weeks ago. Now the snow is constant. I was just joking with my neighbor that work is just what we do to rest between running the snowblower.

You must be exceptionally good at flying in the wind! It is good to hear from other Wyoming rc pilots! I've been meaning to find out where there are flying fields in our little state, I hope to venture out this summer. I hope you get a nice day soon to fly your F15!

Comment

Working...
                                        X