Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The servo arm is a specialty item, very different than any other arm I've seen. I would think there would be a way to do a ball on either side of a normal arm but it wouldn't be the same as the stock setup.

Comment

• Yepper….gotta figure this out. Folks will need replacements, obviously.

-GG

Comment

• I epoxied the servo horn and put a piece of plastic to reinforce it. Maybe it will do for now. Not sure how I feel about it. If it fails the aircraft could be lost. Ill keep on with repairs until I have another option. Or I may just store it away until parts are available.

Comment

• Originally posted by MeyerVW View Post
          I epoxied the servo horn and put a piece of plastic to reinforce it. Maybe it will do for now. Not sure how I feel about it. If it fails the aircraft could be lost. Ill keep on with repairs until I have another option. Or I may just store it away until parts are available.
          Personally I would not consider this risk. Epoxy Vs. $700, $700 and waiting for the right parts is the best choice.

Comment

• I “chatted” with Ozzy at MRC support just now.

He has opened a ticket and will get us an answer. I’ll update here.

Specifically, if not available then when will they be? AND the order code number, if available?

Cheers….
            -GG

Comment

• MRC support response….

The servo arms are included with the push-rod set.

https://www.motionrc.com/products/freewing-twin-70mm-b-2-spirit-bomber-pushrod-fj3171111

Showing to be IN STOCK!

-GG

Comment

• Originally posted by GliderGuy View Post
                MRC support response….

The servo arms are included with the push-rod set.

https://www.motionrc.com/products/freewing-twin-70mm-b-2-spirit-bomber-pushrod-fj3171111

Showing to be IN STOCK!

-GG
                Nice bit of poking around. Who knew?

Comment

• Also just got off the phone. You already have the answer. Ordering parts.

Comment

• Originally posted by MeyerVW View Post
                    Also just got off the phone. You already have the answer. Ordering parts.
                    Might get nose gear servo spare…or 2

-GG

Comment

• Thank you for the help peeps.

Comment

• I had a good maiden flight, just slow level passes for camera guy. Our plan is to have 6 B2’s flying together at our annual flying circus. You’ll notice the B2 rolls left after lift off, the 20mph crosswind gust caused that bobble. It was interesting to see how the gray color reflects the sun light at different bank angles too.

Comment

• Hi RB,

Good job in the cross wind! She “can” do it, but cross winds do greatly increase the chance for a bounced landing and/or cartwheel.

Stay sharp and be ready to FLOOR IT if she bounces in these (or any) conditions.

Several of us have decided the better part of valor is that good condition flying is “safer” for this bird.

An extreme example is here 15G20-25 winds!!!
                          Our own Wesley and Lori Miller got over to the 2022 Top Gun RC event and found this fun custom-painted B-2 Spirit by Wally Warren. He put the Texas Flag on t...

Incredible!!!! Kudos to the pilot.

Good video….thanks for posting it.

-GG

Comment

• Safer for the wallet!

Comment

• Sorry I missed the recent posts the past few days or I would have been able to confirm the pushrod set indeed comes with those specialty horns as I needed one myself!
                              My YouTube RC videos:
                              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Thanks Glider Guy! I saw that video and also saw one fly at Nall in extreme wind conditions. It is an interesting model to fly. My main concern was landing it after reading the various posts. Future flights will be in more ideal conditions if the weather ever decides to cooperate!

Comment

• I added more evidence (and will listen to the RC gods and Evan this time) that the B-2 is best flown in light wind conditions. LOL - read on! I still don’t believe it.

Winds we’re calm and several fun flights were made. But, as time progressed, the wind gradually increased. This lulled me into a false sense of security.

Was about to shift to the F-4….one more B-2 flight please. The day had gone well.

GUST / BOUNCE / POWER UP / GO AROUND / WING DOWN / ANOTHER GUST / OVER CONTROL / WING ROLL PIO / STARTING TO LOSE IT / OMG! / LOST IT / RAPID SNAP ROLL / GETTING READY FOR THE WALK OF SHAME / INVERTED / TOUCHDOWN!!!!

Notice I wrote “touchdown”. NO WAY! The snap roll sucked all the energy from her. The wind arrested the forward progress. No freakin’ way!!!! The top of the canopy = slight scuff. The top of the battery cover = slight scuff. The tip of the clear fin = slight scuff. The battery cover latch = dislodged a bit sideways. AND this was on concrete!

Never have I ever….and never will I ever be that lucky again. The scuffs could go without repair. The paint is still all there.

She’s gonna be a LIGHT TO CALM wind bird. I’m listening gods of RC….I’m listening!

Evan….I’m listening to you 100%! Consider me educated on this via the school of hard knocks.

If you own a B-2, take heed. That wasn’t fun!

-GG

Comment

• Sounds like you made out okay this time.

Don't give me the credit, I still haven't flown mine after my rebuild.... almost did last weekend when we had a GO Goofy fly in (fly odd planes) as the wind was good. But then I didn't want to crash it in front of a crowd!

Comment

• I just completed flights #8 and #9 this morning on my B-2 at my home airfield. Most flights have gone pretty well, although on one I flared too high and it hit hard on its gear. Bent the nose gear pin (was able to straighten that out) and knocked off one of the plastic main gear mounting blocks that was barely glued on, anyway. Some very minor scrapes to the fuse that were easily fixed.

Of the nine flights, 7 have been with the plastic rudder fin on, and two without. In the air, anyway, the plastic fin for me is really not necessary, just use some manual rudder to carve out the turns in the pattern. Landings without the plastic rudder fin seem to be the same as those with it. I fly in very little wind or crosswind for this plane, part of my personal "mission rules" that I try not to violate when flying this plane.

The only thing I would like to work on is the tracking on the takeoff run. I think a good part of the problems with keeping it straight is our very rough runway with numerous large cracks and bumps. The other thing might be the nose gear itself which seems like it got damaged a bit on my bad landing reported above. I will replace the entire nose gear and retract servo when Motion gets them back in stock, just as a precaution.

Overall, with just the 9 flights I have on it so far, it is really a great addition to my "fleet." Again, kudos to the MRC staff and folks like Alpha who had a large hand in developing it over 3 1/2 years to bring it to us, the customers. As everyone else has said, it really has a unique role as a "cruiser" to enjoy watching it do passes at reduced throttle settings and then "floating in" for landing, looking very much like the real one. I really enjoy it!

Click image for larger version

Name:	_CAM1973.jpgadjusted.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	346687

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post
                                        I just completed flights #8 and #9 this morning on my B-2 at my home airfield. Most flights have gone pretty well, although on one I flared too high and it hit hard on its gear. Bent the nose gear pin (was able to straighten that out) and knocked off one of the plastic main gear mounting blocks that was barely glued on, anyway. Some very minor scrapes to the fuse that were easily fixed.

Of the nine flights, 7 have been with the plastic rudder fin on, and two without. In the air, anyway, the plastic fin for me is really not necessary, just use some manual rudder to carve out the turns in the pattern. Landings without the plastic rudder fin seem to be the same as those with it. I fly in very little wind or crosswind for this plane, part of my personal "mission rules" that I try not to violate when flying this plane.

The only thing I would like to work on is the tracking on the takeoff run. I think a good part of the problems with keeping it straight is our very rough runway with numerous large cracks and bumps. The other thing might be the nose gear itself which seems like it got damaged a bit on my bad landing reported above. I will replace the entire nose gear and retract servo when Motion gets them back in stock, just as a precaution.

Overall, with just the 9 flights I have on it so far, it is really a great addition to my "fleet." Again, kudos to the MRC staff and folks like Alpha who had a large hand in developing it over 3 1/2 years to bring it to us, the customers. As everyone else has said, it really has a unique role as a "cruiser" to enjoy watching it do passes at reduced throttle settings and then "floating in" for landing, looking very much like the real one. I really enjoy it!

Click image for larger version

Name:	_CAM1973.jpgadjusted.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	346687
                                        Assan Steering Gyro!

Comment

• Originally posted by avanti127 View Post

Assan Steering Gyro!
                                          I've heard of it, but know nothing about it. Could you tell me a bit about it, or where I can get some more info on it??

Thanks,

davegee

Comment

Working...
                                          X