X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FMS 70mm f16 RED/WHITE AND BLUE, PLEASE

''Hey Tom''..How about getting the red /white and blue FMS 70mm F16..''Please'' <smiley image="smiley_happy.gif"/> I, and other upper middle aged,, ''half blind''pilots,,,wouldn't have to much trouble, keeping track of this in the air...''It looks like it has a functional rudder also...This would be my first choice,if you would get it... <smiley image="smiley_good.gif"/> Thanx...I74

Re: FMS 70mm f16 RED/WHITE AND BLUE, PLEASE

The V1 version,would be fine by me...The Thrust vectoring doesn't really matter, at ths time..I think alot more pilots,with limited Advanced skills,and ''lower-end'' radios,would be happier with this jet,in the V1 version anyway...It's probably lighter also.... ''If you get this'',,''I will order it'' ,,''and the F4''.<smiley image="smiley_good.gif"/>.......... P/S ...''I'll probably be ordering a lawyer also'',, about my served divorce papers..<smiley image="smiley_happy.gif"/>..I74

Comment

You always crack me up! We will absolutely get the F4 in other colors. I will ask Mark what he thinks about the 70mm F-16. I debate about this jet because we already have the 64mm RocHobby F-16 which is very close in size. If we did get the FMS 70mm F-16, it would be a V2 with the 10 blade fan, larger motor, larger ESC, and EPO foam. It does weigh more but the extra motor offsets this and the sound from the 10 blade is super cool. FMS does not make the V1 anymore so it is not an option for us.

Comment

Tom, That would be fine..<smiley image="smiley_good.gif"/>

Comment

I would also concider the Freewing T-V, 70mm F16,, if you could get it in,,red/white,and blue...P/S,,"what is stronger foam''?? EPO,or EPS ??? Thanx..

Comment

In general EPO foam is stronger than EPS - sort of. Let me explain.

EPO will hold up better to scratches, dents, nicks, etc. I've belly landed an EPS jet and had a tall weed growing in the grass take a small chunk out of the EPS wing. The weed was strong enough to gouge the wing. This would not happen to EPO because EPO is tougher. That said, EPO has a bit more flex to it than EPS. EPS is a more rigid foam. EPS is also lighter in weight so large jets are often made of EPS for these reasons:
            1) lighter
            2) slightly more rigid
            3) looks better (smooth finish. very very small bead size)
            Many jets are starting to go EPO because of the resistance to dents, etc. It is stronger in this respect - by quite a lot. So it depends exactly what you are looking for in a foam. They both have their places.

Comment

''Thanx for the info Tom'' <smiley image="smiley_good.gif"/>

Comment

Tom, you forgot EPO is easier to repair. Because every once in a while a plane hits the ground some where out there... Unless people like gluing popcorn debris from EPS.
                Hangar: 90mm F16, 90mm F-15, 80mm Mirage, 90mm F-18, 1400mm P-40, 64mm F-22

RIP: 80mm F-14

Comment

tdford6,,.....''It's all good man''..<smiley image="smiley_good.gif"/>

Comment

The new smooth surface FMS epo foam, sounds real good to me...Is the V2 F4 going to be EPO also?? ''or latter versions''?? It is still listed as EPS, in the description..Thanx..

Comment

Hi Tom.<smiley image="smiley_beam.gif"/> One of the other FMS vendors,calls The V2 F4 foam - EPH..''one step down,from EPO''.<smiley image="anim_confused.gif"/>,are they challenged?, or is this somthing new??

Comment

EPH?? <smiley image="smiley_happy.gif"/> The F4 remains EPS. I don't know if it is because FMS has a large stock of EPS fuse and wings or they simply feel the F4 lends itself better to EPS. not sure. It is for sure not EPO and for sure EPS.

Comment

Well,that vendor now has the V2 f-16,listed as EPH.<smiley image="anim_confused.gif"/>,, and the F4 has no material listing,today.....''Please get me a FMS V2 70mm ''EPO'' F-16, Tom ''!!! I can't take it anymore....<smiley image="smiley_uh.gif"/>

Comment

I have a few reasons why the FMS V-2 r/w & blue F-16, is going to be my definite choice now... EPO foam,,highly visable colors,,nose gear mounting location,''not scale'',but doesnt interfear with intake..10 blade fan setup & esc, is awsome!!,and I have the recommended packs for this also...It looks like you would have to purchase a fuse with the Freewing,to get a nose cone,whereas the FMS one is seperate,for under 3 bucks...Lastly,,, I know you would sell these like hotcakes!!! I will wait to purchase one ,if you guys will get them.. <smiley image="smiley_beam.gif"/>.. Thanx..I74.. P/S,,''Merry Christmas''

Comment

Working...
                            X