Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of the paint schemes I've put on my Mig-21s

Comment

• Looks great! How does that black hold up in the sun?

Comment

• Hi 4923crew, welcome to Hobby Squawk! I like those paint schemes, the black looks very sinister!
        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Hey, guys, I'm a prop warbirder, but I want to move into jets, eventually getting the Freewing Me-262 and 80mm A-10. The UMX A-10 is the only EDF I've flown. I fly on a grass field (private airstrip). I'm currently debating between the Freewing 80mm F-86 and the MiG-21 as my entry jets. Would appreciate your opinions, recommendations on this subject.

Thanks,
          Chuck
          ---
          Warbirder

Comment

• Between the F86 and the Mig 21 the F86 will feel and fly more like a warbird. Both will tolerate grass. Even a sport jet like the new Avanti s or tried and true Stinger 90 will feel like a warbird more than a delta wing jet. The A10 will be familiar as well.

Comment

• I would recommend the F-86 provided the grass is relatively short. How long is the runway?

Comment

• Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                I would recommend the F-86 provided the grass is relatively short. How long is the runway?
                Runway is long. It's a full-scale private runway. I'd originally planned on the F-86, but then the comment was made that the F-86 gear is weak, and that I should consider the Fishbed. We already have a few F-86s at our field, and I'm thinking that we need a classic Soviet jet to prowl the skies. :)
                i've watched Ryan's and a few other MiG-21 videos and am pretty impressed with the slow-speed capabilities. On the negative side, i am a bit worried that it may be hard to keep the Fishbed's aspect/attitude straight, if it gets a little way out from me, but most of my sleek warbirds at that way. I'm liking the bigger size of the Fishbed, compared to the F-86.

Ryan was flying with an Eagle gyro. Does the Fishbed need a gyro? If so, that'd be a problem because I'm flying with a DX6 and would be out of channels for the on/off gyro switch.

---
                Warbirder

Comment

• I've been fortunate to test fly the new Avanti S, and without a doubt, it would be the clear choice as a first EDF! As long as a scale jet isn't your number one priority? I love the F-86 but on grass I'd been concerned about the retracts holding up over time. The Mig-21 is great on grass with it's trailing link gear but would not recommend it as a first EDF jet.

Comment

• I have the silver one as you've seen in our video. I like having the gyro although it's not necessary. Get the blue one if your worried about visibility or go crazy with the paint on silver.

Comment

• This is one of my all time fave planes!! Got some good flights on it last week too! I recorded one days flights. Here they are...

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
                        I've been fortunate to test fly the new Avanti S, and without a doubt, it would be the clear choice as a first EDF! As long as a scale jet isn't your number one priority? I love the F-86 but on grass I'd been concerned about the retracts holding up over time. The Mig-21 is great on grass with it's trailing link gear but would not recommend it as a first EDF jet.
                        I watched your flying videos for the Avanti S, and it does look like a great flying jet. Honestly, though, Sport planes just don't do it for me. I love historical military scale. I'd love to have the Fishbed, but I'm going to take your advice and not go with the MiG-21 for my first jet. I'll probably play it safer and go with the F-86. Then, I'll decide where to go from there. I greatly appreciate the sage advice from you all! Thank you.
                        ---
                        Warbirder

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxotnik View Post
                          Runway is long. It's a full-scale private runway. I'd originally planned on the F-86, but then the comment was made that the F-86 gear is weak, and that I should consider the Fishbed. We already have a few F-86s at our field, and I'm thinking that we need a classic Soviet jet to prowl the skies. :)
                          i've watched Ryan's and a few other MiG-21 videos and am pretty impressed with the slow-speed capabilities. On the negative side, i am a bit worried that it may be hard to keep the Fishbed's aspect/attitude straight, if it gets a little way out from me, but most of my sleek warbirds at that way. I'm liking the bigger size of the Fishbed, compared to the F-86.

Ryan was flying with an Eagle gyro. Does the Fishbed need a gyro? If so, that'd be a problem because I'm flying with a DX6 and would be out of channels for the on/off gyro switch.
                          The gear on the F-86 are very strong IMHO. I have abused them numerous times and have never had to straighten them back out even once. Mine at least do not seem to be weak at all. I fly an A3L on my Mig and F-86. You don't really need a gyro or to have them be switched. Mine aren't. They just smooth out the bobbles. I personally have more fun with the F-86 but that is just me.

Comment

• Rcjetdude, The black works pretty well. It's definatly better than just the silver edition.

Comment

• more flying this weekend!

I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• firstly hello to all edf nuts on this forum, I am in the process of putting together a mig 21 and wanted to know if the freewing servos and retracts will take 6v?

Comment

• Originally posted by jay bennett View Post
                                  firstly hello to all edf nuts on this forum, I am in the process of putting together a mig 21 and wanted to know if the freewing servos and retracts will take 6v?
                                  They won't last long!! Use 5v and be done with it.

Comment

• G'day boys. I can't find the inrunner version on motions site? Can anyone post the link please?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirty View Post
                                      G'day boys. I can't find the inrunner version on motions site? Can anyone post the link please?
                                      Motion has only ever offered the 3530 1800kV outrunner version.

Comment

• Ah ok. Cheers mate.

Comment

• Well, I finally got to see one of these fly in the flesh yesterday. One of my clubmates turned up with one. No wonder you guys rave about this jet, what a great flyer. Can't believe how light it weighs, no wonder it lands so soft too. High alpha low passes are a breeze. I've been wanting one of these since it came out (mig 21 fan), but I've bought too many planes already this year. Guess I'm going to have to find room for one more. :rolleyes:

Pretty impressed after seeing it fly. :)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1383.JPG
Views:	808
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	71024

Comment

Working...
                                          X