X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Hi Alpha,

Do you have a timeframe for pre-orders?

Thanks for another awesome model.

Doug

Comment

I will take a Silver one. I want North Vietnam Air Force decals.
          Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

That looks pretty sweet..sounds like a possibility for novice to EDF pilots maybe?
            www.TSHobbies.com
            Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

Were gonna need an F-4 To shoot it down! "hint hint"

Comment

Hi DougV, sorry I haven't responded yet. Quite busy around here over the past few days with both visible and behind the scenes work. To answer your question, we're targeting a summer release of the Freewing 80mm MiG-21. We want to wait until the first shipment is finishing production or is already on the water before beginning the pre-order. Where things are as of today I would estimate a pre-order opening in ~4-6 weeks. Plenty of time to begin saving. After several recent products which we unveiled and started the pre-order for on the same day, which came as a surprise to many people, this time around we wanted to give everyone a bit more of a "sneak peak" to know what was coming down the pipeline so they can start saving.

I cannot decide which camo to paint, so I have to save for at least two if not three of these MiGs in my personal fleet. After 50+ years of service, there are many paint schemes to choose from! Some menacing, some brutish, some vibrant, some classic. Decisions, decisions!

In the meantime we'll continue to put the MiG-21 into as many hands as possible for demo flights. PVMAC in two weeks, Crows Landing next month, etc. I might actually ship one to SEFF this week. 10% chance but it is a possibility.
                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Camo patterns!

Was very happy to see this in person on Saturday. It flew awesome on the stock 6S 80mm outrunner system. Just please please please give us rocket pods and AA-1 or AA-2 missiles! Pretty please! :D
                  Pat

Comment

Some pics I took on Saturday.

Pat

Comment

Those are some great looking pics Pat! And looking forward to the summer release Alpha! Cant wait.

Comment

I'm all in ! Payroll deduction plan in the works ....
                        Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                        Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                        I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

amazing jet, been waiting on this for along time, even before HET came out with their 70mm one. Thanks motion!

Comment

This last weekend I had the honor of flying this amazing bird. Besides its amazing presence, in the air and on the ground, some of the key highlights that I noticed were its excellent flight qualities. The Mig was very stable with no wing rocking or pitching tendencies with airspeed or flap deployment. It also has excellent ground handling qualities, as it tracked nice and straight down the runway. My only issue is that it looks so much like the real aircraft(heavy iron), is that I found myself coming in a little fast on approach and it would float on down the runway. In actuality this aircraft is a sheep in wolfs clothing, it lands amazingly slow and is surprisingly gentle in its flying/landing characteristics, yet definately looks the part with its scale realism. I will have to get one as soon as they become available. Good job Alpha!!!

Comment

Awesome!!!!!!!

Comment

The mig-21 looks and flies amazingly well. I'll be adding this one to my fleet as well. :)

Comment

I am ready for it....:D

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                    Rather than wait until the final model was already on the water, as we've done with most of the recent pre-orders, Freewing asked us to announce the MiG-21 a little early, during the Apollo/Motion RC Fun Fly we held today and tomorrow. The MiG-21 is currently in production and we'll have complete details on the website within a couple of weeks.
                                    Morning Alpha, I'm wondering when we will be able to preorder. Can you tell I'm excited for this EDF? :)

Comment

I'll definitely be adding this one to my fleet..Such a good looking aircraft.

Comment

I wish Freewing would have released a Mig 15 in the 80-90mm variety.

Comment

A few recent photos of the 80mm Mig-21 with the twin 80mm Freewing F-14 and 90mm F-104 Starfighter .

Comment

Working...
                                          X