Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fredardi Hello!!! Welcome!!! Get the silver version and paint the drop tanks a bright florescent orange (safety orange) and do the wingtips too... You will be able to she when she turns her belly to you for sure! I have done this with my F-104 for visibility...
    Set the CG slightly rearward. Turn the throws on the ailerons way down, and use 40% expo on the ailerons and 55 percent on the elevator, but leave the elevator throw to full for control at lower speeds if needed. Do that and it is a GREAT edf!!! Love it! At least that works for me!!! Blessings!! Jerry in TEXAS!!!

Comment

• I didn't know there was an inrunner upgrade!! Now I have to go shopping!!!

Comment

• Fredardi I even added to the confusion with some camo…. LOL

Click image for larger version  Name:	MIG 21 Test Flight 032017.jpg Views:	90 Size:	103.0 KB ID:	235442

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
          Fredardi Hello!!! Welcome!!! Get the silver version and paint the drop tanks a bright florescent orange (safety orange) and do the wingtips too... You will be able to she when she turns her belly to you for sure! I have done this with my F-104 for visibility...
          Set the CG slightly rearward. Turn the throws on the ailerons way down, and use 40% expo on the ailerons and 55 percent on the elevator, but leave the elevator throw to full for control at lower speeds if needed. Do that and it is a GREAT edf!!! Love it! At least that works for me!!! Blessings!! Jerry in TEXAS!!!
          Thank you for yours advises i will do for sure...Yes there now the mig 21 have a new in runner motor new esc and new metal gears servos at almost the same price as the old ones ( 20 euros here in EU ) but in motion rc eu they only have the silver version with the new in runner upgrades in the us you should have the blue scheme version with the upgrade in runner ...I love the blue scheme but only the regular version in EU...

Comment

Fredardi I even added to the confusion with some camo…. LOL

Click image for larger version  Name:	MIG 21 Test Flight 032017.jpg Views:	95 Size:	103.0 KB ID:	235442
            Beautiful work...

Comment

• Yes I can certainly vouch for leaving the elevator control to full!

Comment

• Kahmed Sorry for the late welcome!!!! Glad you are here!! Sorry about your bird! Try again!!!!! I get some critics on the expo rate, but if you leave it at zero, (at least for me) it is WAY too sensitive... But, leaving the rates as full as mechanically possible on the elevator, but "numbing it down" allows you to do some crazy stuff in the air if you wish, or hi-alpha slow, or whatever, but still not over-control... Big Bro Hugs for the crash. It was spectacular!! JUST A NOTE!!! I destroyed my first Sea Vixen by flipping the gyro switch to 3D mode at about 75 feet and 90mph. No time to correct my switch flip and it hit the concrete at about bullet velocity!! Nothing usable but the wheels... Crap! Maiden too!! My second one is still going strong and I disabled the 3D mode on the gyro!! LOL LOL Best of luck! Jerry

Comment

• Hi pilots, finally finished my East German MiG-21. Stock (new) inrunner, added some mods: front gear doors, landing lights, central drop tank, green Led in the ****pit and two Nerf whistles. Looking forward to the maiden in a feew weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greyhound61 View Post
                    Hi pilots, finally finished my Eastern German MiG-21. Stock (new) in-runner, added some mods: front gear doors, landing lights, central drop tank, green Led in the cockpit and two Nerf whistles. Looking forward to the maiden in a few weeks.
                    GH, really like your MiG-21. Bravo Zulu, Sir. I don't have a Russian fighter, though you've got me thinking about this one. Best, LB
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• krkan... Your Croatia bird is excellent! Gorgeous!! Welcome to the thread.

Kahmed... so sorry about your crash, but these things happen. Get another and keep 'em flying!

Hardway... your camo is too cool! Looks pretty easy to apply and, man it does the trick!

and Greyhound... love the German edge too! The panels show up nice in the air I bet.
                      Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• Originally posted by Kahmed View Post
                        Yes I can certainly vouch for leaving the elevator control to full!
                        Yes me too. Leave elevator at max and if need be use expo to soften it up. The plane loves the elevator throw and it doesn't cause any issues at all! Now aileron is another issue... limit that or you will have a hard time see which is up or down...
                        Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Fredardi I even added to the confusion with some camo…. LOL

Click image for larger version  Name:	MIG 21 Test Flight 032017.jpg Views:	95 Size:	103.0 KB ID:	235442
                          Nice camo!

Comment

• new camouflage

Comment

• Fredardi edf Greyhound61 I encourage all of you to post a photo of your MiG-21s in this thread for the chance to win a $100 Gift Card:

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/th...ge2#post238932

There are many customized MiG-21s in this thread and I hope you all enter! The MiG-21 remains one of my most favorite birds to fly.
                              Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by edf View Post
                                new camouflage
                                EDF, Welcome to Hobby Squawk, outstanding repaint on your MiG Two-One. Please, make an effort to enter this in the MotionRC contest here at Hobby Squawk. Best, LB
                                I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
                                  Fredardi edf Greyhound61 I encourage all of you to post a photo of your MiG-21s in this thread for the chance to win a $100 Gift Card:

https://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/th...ge2#post238932

There are many customized MiG-21s in this thread and I hope you all enter! The MiG-21 remains one of my most favorite birds to fly.
                                  Posted my Bunny FIghter! Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190406_162447583a.jpg
Views:	902
Size:	183.9 KB
ID:	239215

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	136.0 KB
ID:	242813Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	242814 My MiG-21. Love this aircraft for it's performance and good looks. Always a favorite and simply a blast to fly!
                                    Last edited by nuts-n-volts; Mar 16, 2020, 12:29 PM. Reason: re-sized photos
                                    Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• Originally posted by nuts-n-volts View Post
                                      [ATTACH=JSON]..... My MiG-21. Love this aircraft for it's performance and good looks. Always a favorite and simply a blast to fly!
                                      Love the desert schemes!

Comment

• Make believe scheme on my Mig 21.
                                        Just wanted to play around for something different.

Comment

• Buzztower I like your fantasy scheme, it reminds me of an English Electric Lightning, for some reason.

nuts-n-volts Beautiful scheme, as well! Your camo pattern is really well done, and of course the burner can mod takes it to the next level!
                                          Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Working...
                                          X