X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey,

i build my Mig21 with Turbine, that smal bird fly like a dream, with 900ml fuel and Kolibri T30 i still have a lot of Power and time in the air.

With a bit of weathering that Jet looks so beautiful.

Daniel.
    Attached Files

Comment

• So far is such of pleasure to work on this jet. So basic and easy to remove all the gears and servos , stress free !! Unfortunately do this Covid many major retailers are out of stock of the good paint and i’m using the very base available. Horrible quality, specially if using air brush . Yet, the painter suck’s too, don’t get me wrong!
      hope to turn ok, but i can’t wait to fly it .
      Added solid and flashing led on wings too.. for now.

Attached Files

Comment

• Great Work GW. Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Well, i’m scared already to peel out the tape... but have you ever see a ghost plane ?? Now you do !! I try to do a video aswell and i can’t do anything about it, you can still see through her . Speechless.
          Looke the 3d printer on back round or the vindow! I did so many angles and still the same.
          In time for halloween i’ll guess!! I’m creped out!
          Attached Files

Comment

• Good luck. Looks great right now, even if a bit blurry.

When I did mine with blue painters tape and the "cotton shirt tip", it still pulled up paint almost everywhere the tape touched.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mizer67 View Post
              Good luck. Looks great right now, even if a bit blurry.

When I did mine with blue painters tape and the "cotton shirt tip", it still pulled up paint almost everywhere the tape touched.
              Thank you Mizer67, i just pull the tape out ... i have a tiny tiny but annoying spot on the tail next to the rudder otherwise no a single problem... great job Freewing .
              much more to do on it but she’s coming along!
              Attached Files

Comment

• Well done! Looks amazing

Comment

• If you’re not looking for factory fresh look check out, The RC Geek channel for expert weathering tips. He is on YouTube and Facebook

Comment

• Even with few mistakes on my side i’m still having fun . Tomorrow maiden ! Still have to 3D print the tail nozzle and the gear nose doors , the landing lights under the wing and the nose cone to paint to match the grey on the vertical stub .. she’ slowly coming together,another 4-5 hours and she’s done !!
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Great work, GW. Best, LB
                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thank you ELBEE ! I just spray the clear matt on it and have major reaction ( croc ) on few parts of the fuse , instantly i want to come the hulk,my heart sunk it!
                        I’ll skip maiden tomorrow and decide to wait for Callie decals..
                        Attached Files

Comment

• You'll like this jet, GW. Careful on the turns as it rolls easily and the visual can get away from you. But, if set up right, it's an honest bird. Your colors look amazing!
                          Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• Alright! Lights are on. The 2 under the wings are coking from the yak 130 , bright and yellows.
                            To make it clear, thank you George Baker for the idea..
                            this one was fun !

Attached Files

Comment

• Sorry guy’s .. I meant the light are COMING from rhe yak 130... damm it sausage fingers

Comment

• Originally posted by Griffon Wings View Post
                                Alright! Lights are on. The 2 under the wings are coking from the yak 130 , bright and yellows.
                                To make it clear, thank you George Baker for the idea..
                                this one was fun !
                                Really nice work. How it changes the whole plane. Beautifully

Comment

• Does anyone know how fast the high performance version Is?

Comment

• Originally posted by Enterprise206 View Post
                                    Does anyone know how fast the high performance version Is?
                                    Pretty fast

Comment

• Originally posted by Enterprise206 View Post
                                      Does anyone know how fast the high performance version Is?
                                      Highest speed I clocked with an FMS 2100kv pro motor is 113 mph in level flight at approx. sea level on a non-std. (hot) day.

I'd say 105 - 110 mph based on battery and conditions at sea level on a consistent basis. Although I'm not running the Freewing motor, I would expect similar speeds. The FMS is mainly good for additional thrust vs. a substantially higher top speed.

Comment

• Thank you very much for writing such a great document, from which I learned something I didn't know!

Originally posted by Bradm5312 View Post
                                        MiG-21
                                        I finished my MiG-21 build. I modified my model with:

• Strobe lights on the vertical stabilizer, top and bottom of fuselage, and bottom of the wing tips
                                        • Landing lights
                                        • Electric brakes
                                        • Orientation stripes on bottom of wings and horizontal stabilizer
                                        • FOD screen over the louver on the cheater hole
                                        • Anti-spark connector
                                        • Current and voltage telemetry

I’ve linked a YouTube video showing some of these mods:

This video shows the modifications I did to my Freewing MiG-21. You can download the detailed, step-by-step build companion document from:http://www.yourrcco...

I created a detailed, step-by-step document showing what I did on my model. I organized the document in sections so it is easy to find a specific mod, such as the strobe lights on the vertical stabilizer. I hope this is helpful to those who haven’t built their MiG yet or who may want to do one of the mods I did on mine. You can view the document here:

And, clearly, my mods aren’t intended to be scale.

Overall, I thought the basic build process was relatively straightforward. I did run into several minor quality issues, which are described in the build companion document.

One area that I think isn’t so well done is the routing of the servo wires for the wings. Removing the plastic louver over the cheater hole seemed like a bad idea to me. The louver on my model was very firmly attached and I didn’t want to risk damaging the model taking it off. Instead, I removed the EDF access cover and EDF, both of which are installed with screws. This made installing the servo wire channel covers a bit challenging, but doable (described in the build companion document).

I hope Freewing will fix this issue by doing one of the following:

• Pre-installing the plastic channel covers in the fuselage sides before gluing them together
                                        • Leaving the plastic louver un-installed so the builder can glue it in after routing the wires
                                        • Mounting the plastic louver using screws instead of glue (see Air Jon’s post 4002 for a great mod tip)

Freewing could easily implement the first change by having the covers glued before gluing the fuselage halves together. This would enable the builder to route the wires by removing the EDF access cover and EDF without requiring removing the louver.

Unfortunately for me, because of weather, it will likely be a couple of months until I can maiden this plane. I’m hoping for a rare flyable day before spring so I can try it.

I would appreciate any feedback you may care to provide on the build companion document. I’ve received a lot of help from other hobbyists over the years and would like to give back to the RC community. In general, would you find documents like this helpful? Is there too much detail or not enough? What kind of topics would you like to see addressed? If you care to provide feedback to help me better serve the RC community, please PM me or send email to yourrccompanion@indy.rr.com.

Comment

• Hi everybody! I have a 80mm 12 blades EDF with a 3270/2000 Kv inrunner motor that I saved from a crashed EFlite F4 Phantom. Do you think it could work on the MIG 21? Been looking at the ARF version for some time now. Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Comment

Working...
                                          X