Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you for all your feedback. The only thing that really upsets me is the fact that they are sure that this is a normal thing 😡 when it's really not (in a brand new plane). I reached out to a friend of mine that lives in Orlando (I'm from South Florida) that bought the plane a year ago and he sent me a photo of his plane with the ailerons in excellent shape after 22 flights. Here is a video of one of the ailerons from my brand new plane: https://youtu.be/RQ83BEZ8bCc

That is NOT ok.

Comment

• Definitely not normal (even on a plane with lots of flights)

Comment

• BS that they are blowing you off. Push your side until they fix it and threaten to reverse the charge on your CC or through PP.

Comment

• Yeah, they came back to me again today saying that they sent the case to their technical department and they concluded that the aileron was normal, nothing was bad but, they sent instructions on how to fix it. Isn't that a contradiction? I mean, would they accept a dollar bill if it was broken in two? I don't think so. I have gone to a couple of hobby stores near my home to ask them for their opinion on the issue and every single one of them have told me DON'T FLY THAT THING LIKE THAT!.

Comment

• Go on the Motion RC live broadcast on You Tube Fridays and get James to have it replaced........... Keep posting in the question section until he replies....... that should get their attention

Comment

• Madness , hope you fix the problem on the mig. Took mine again for a spin and i’m keeping smiling..
              Lot of fun ! I can’t belive i “ snob “ this jet for such long time . I simply love it , specially in gray days where lights are great for visibility and orientation.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Griffon Wings View Post
                Madness , hope you fix the problem on the mig. Took mine again for a spin and i’m keeping smiling..
                Lot of fun ! I can’t belive i “ snob “ this jet for such long time . I simply love it , specially in gray days where lights are great for visibility and orientation.
                I have not maiden the plane yet. I had to order the wings and then I found out an elevator servo was bad, had to order another one. I don't think I'll be ordering much more from Freewing, too many bad experiences. Let see how she goes on the maiden!

Comment

• Originally posted by Madness View Post

I have not maiden the plane yet. I had to order the wings and then I found out an elevator servo was bad, had to order another one. I don't think I'll be ordering much more from Freewing, too many bad experiences. Let see how she goes on the maiden!
                  I’m so sorry to ear that Madness. I’ll sure you ,
                  you gonna have rough time to find better then freewing, in my opinion, but I totally understand the frustration...
                  also consider the price point, if this jet was from another company the price will be much higher. For sure .
                  Here what happen, once up in the air your smile will fet bigger and bigger !
                  If you are in Wa state i will give you mine just to show you how cool this jet can be, for free buddy !!
                  keep up the good spirit she gonna be fine.!

Attached Files

Comment

• I have had four planes in total from Freewing, three of them with issues. An F-18 with a loose ESC connection caused a crash on maiden (not to mention the elevator problem which I also had on the plane), An OV-10 bronco that basically could not fly right after the 3rd flight and then the problem with the Mig's wing. The OV-10 is an special one, we replaced a whole bunch of things on it and it still gave me problems. At the end the motors were the culprit. $430 dollars later between new fuselages, ESC's and broken parts is working fine. And finally the MIG with the aileron issue.

I have also two E Flite planes (Phantom F4, F-16) and after 100 flights + on each one of them NO problems whatsoever. They flew without problems since day one. Also have an FMS BAE Hawk with a total of 56 flights on it with great results too. I am not blaming anybody on Motion for this, I guess I have had very bad luck with their products. It's a shame because Freewing really does a great job aesthetically on their products. Who knows, maybe I end up with another Motion product after my bitterness goes away!

Comment

• That’s the spirit to keep ! I had exactly the opposite of your experience, infact , being loooong time without get any plane from them (HH).
                      wish you the best and not matter what ... happy fly !

Comment

• I think that this weekend will be Mig time! Will take out the Mig-21 and possibly Mig-17 as well...
                        Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                        I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
                          I think that this weekend will be Mig time! Will take out the Mig-21 and possibly Mig-17 as well...
                          Hi Gooniac! Can you share your dual rate settings? I have dialed my aileron throws almost at half on both rates. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Madness View Post

Hi Gooniac! Can you share your dual rate settings? I have dialed my aileron throws almost at half on both rates. Thanks!
                            I only use one rate... but will check later and let you know what I use....
                            I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• I learn to use only expo . No rates , and usually, i love it, at list on all my edf’s, works great. But that’s me, might be wrong might be right but does works.

Comment

• Originally posted by Griffon Wings View Post
                                I learn to use only expo . No rates , and usually, i love it, at list on all my edf’s, works great. But that’s me, might be wrong might be right but does works.
                                Its personal preference. I don't like messing with switches or having to remember if I am in high mid low or whatever... I just take a couple flights to figure out what works best for me then set and forget. I only want switches to be for flaps, gear or brakes... I keep it simple!

Comment

• That’s it, you got it G33.
                                  And btw, i never mentioned before, but thank you for all the videos on tube. Thank you for sharing, always appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post

Its personal preference. I don't like messing with switches or having to remember if I am in high mid low or whatever... I just take a couple flights to figure out what works best for me then set and forget. I only want switches to be for flaps, gear or brakes... I keep it simple!
                                    My feelings also, I do what works for me. Kiss method

Comment

• I like the flexibility of having options available but I dig what you are saying, keep it simple, keep it fun! I flew mine last week, took me sometime to get used to it but fun nonetheless.

Comment

• I flew my new Mig today and got 9 great flights. Flying with 4400 to 6000 batteries off our grass strip. I extended the nosegear about 6mm so as to get more AoA for takeoff. Flew off the grass easy. I left the markings off the jet because I wanted to see if the silver color would work or not. Turned out not to be a issue. Now I will do it in the Polish colors.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210411_155435150_HDR.jpg
Views:	611
Size:	195.5 KB
ID:	308319

Comment

• Originally posted by radfordc View Post
                                          I flew my new Mig today and got 9 great flights. Flying with 4400 to 6000 batteries off our grass strip. I extended the nosegear about 6mm so as to get more AoA for takeoff. Flew off the grass easy. I left the markings off the jet because I wanted to see if the silver color would work or not. Turned out not to be a issue. Now I will do it in the Polish colors.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210411_155435150_HDR.jpg
Views:	611
Size:	195.5 KB
ID:	308319
                                          That will help a ton with take off! It should cut the take off distance by quite a bit!

Comment

Working...
                                          X