Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice work RCjetdude !! Cudos on the paint scheme.

I got a question for the rest of us who have built theirs and used the stock factory decal sheets. :huh:

Did anyone else have any issues using them??
    I noticed mine had very little adhesion. I had a couple fall off the plane from the ambient heat in the afternoon and noticed that the clear vinyl top covering wanted to separate from the printed graphic at times.

Comment

• I got mine in the air this past weekend. I have my own set up for a power system and it worked amazing! Freewing inrunner housing with a Haoye 10 blade rotor and 3674 Tacon 1900kv motor. The plane was a bullet! Incredibly easy to fly too! I am very happy with it and can't wait to fly it again! Here is my maiden... flight pack was a 6s 30c 6200mah.. next flights will not be with that big of a pack... but the plane did great with it!

Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
      I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Great flight! Congrats!

Comment

• Any one using turnigy 5000 ma 6s 40c in the mig. (Or any comparable edf) All of my battery purchases in the past 2yrs have been admirals and i have not been dissapointed but i need a cheaper alternative. It looks like even with international shipping i can get 3 turnigy(56bucks ea.) for less than 2 admiral(107bucks ea.). I have used nano techs,std turnigy,zippy and eflite with mixed results. Any other less expensive options for batteries?
          Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by CFIT rob View Post
            Any one using turnigy 5000 ma 6s 40c in the mig. (Or any comparable edf) All of my battery purchases in the past 2yrs have been admirals and i have not been dissapointed but i need a cheaper alternative. It looks like even with international shipping i can get 3 turnigy(56bucks ea.) for less than 2 admiral(107bucks ea.). I have used nano techs,std turnigy,zippy and eflite with mixed results. Any other less expensive options for batteries?
            Gooniac33 posted this just yesterday.
            http://www.hobbysquawk.com/forum/rc-...9578#post49578
            Warbird Charlie
            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• I did my maiden with a Turnigy 6S 5000 Heavy Duty, pushed all the way back in the battery bay. Worked perfect! Second flight was with the non-Heavy Duty version of the same lipo.
              Pat

Comment

• Thanks for the info. Maidend mine yesterday on my70mm yak admiral 4000 40c batts. Timer set 3 min.Full throttle on take offs,rest of flight half to 3/4. Third of four flights lost most thrust on turn to final. (3.64 per cell) Glides well enough that landing was uneventfull.(whew!)Battery was hot and puffed. Other three were normal warm. Want at least 3 min flight time with 1 min reserve for go around. 4000 not enough battery(40c might not be enough for those full throttle flights). Love the look and sound of it in the air. Flys beautifly. Lands great. To me it flies a lot like my fw yak 130.
                Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

• Four more flights on my MIG yesterday, this is quickly becoming one of my favorite planes. She looks great in the air, flies nice and handles really well on landing.

CFIT rob; I am using the Admiral 5000 50c in my MIG. 3 minutes of flight time at mostly 3/4 throttle, lands with cells in the mid to low 3.7 volt range. Apparently this plane had a different motor that the 80mm planes so I read it's best to treat flight times as though it were a 90mm bird.

When my timer hits 30 seconds I the drop gear, power back to 50%, flaps to the 1st setting on downwind, the on the base leg I set full flaps with about 20% power, on short final I cut the power completely, she floats pretty well. If I need to go around once or twice I can.

Comment

• This is becoming one of my all time fave planes!!! The landings are amazing as are the fast passes!! I got 4 flights on it over the weekend.... Here are a couple of the flights where I let it all hang out!!

This flight was with the 6s 40c 5000mah pack... But the 6s 30c 6200mah is my pack of choice!!

I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Boy, these large Freewing jets are just amazing. Nice flying! And, I really like how you communicate with the other pilots on the field. That's a key aspect that I don't think many get.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prowler901 View Post
                        Boy, these large Freewing jets are just amazing. Nice flying! And, I really like how you communicate with the other pilots on the field. That's a key aspect that I don't think many get.
                        thanks man! I agree about the communication... that is what is making me the most angry about the drones coming onto the scene... no one wants to talk or communicate anymore... But yes we are all a bunch of friends that have been flying together for a while now and can communicate exactly what we are doing.... it keeps the confusion to a minimum... not just useless yammering...

Comment

• Finally finishing up the paint on my Mig. Like some others, I went with the Soviet Air Force demonstration team colors, which should be really easy to see. Waiting on some new stars from Callie and I need to hook up the control surfaces and she's ready to maiden.Click image for larger version

Name:	10.28.16a.jpg
Views:	565
Size:	1,017.3 KB
ID:	50268
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Great job wvrailfan!!
                            Lon

EFlite F-16 80mm, EFite DRACO, EFlite Night Radian, E-Flite P51 1.5m
                            Freewing A-10 80mm, F-86 80mm, F-15 90mm, Avanti. FMS DHC-2 Beaver, Fliteline P-38L ,HSD HME-262, HSD F86.

Comment

• I finally got to maiden my Mig this evening. Sorry, no photos of the flight. I'm happy to report the plane performed well, the pilot on the other hand, is a mess;-)

It needed about 250 feet of our 500 foot grass runway, but had no trouble getting airborne, without any flaps. Once in the air it seemed to cover the length of our field in no time and was "very" responsive to commands. Most of this first flight was at just above 1/2 throttle. I need to reduce my throws and add a little more expo.

Landing with 1/3 flaps took three tries as cutting power doesn't translate to slowing down right away. Once I got my final looking good, it settled down into a very nice looking nose high attitude and touched down on the mains, making it look like I knew what I was doing.

I think once I get the throws and expo set for my taste, this is going to be a very fun plane to fly!
                              All dressed up and ready to go!

Comment

• Here is my final flight from this weekend. I am loving this plane!! Battery is a 6s 30c 6200mah China Hobby Line. The plane has yet to use more than 4000mah of that pack either... I am thinking of either flying harder or upping my timer....

Comment

• So I finally got off my duff and finished the paint and decals on the Mig. I may still do something with the panel lines as it looks too clean. LOL!
                                  Pat

Comment

• Nice job CRX! I am starting to get the hang of mine and the more I fly it, the more I like it. It just has the right looks and sound when it's in the air.

Comment

• I went ahead and just took a Sharpie fine point to the panel lines. Looks better now. I'll put some new pics up tomorrow when it's daylight.
                                      Pat

Comment

• Looking really great, you guys! These various schemes are really gratifying to see.
                                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Here's the new pics with the panel lines drawn in. Looks good up close.
                                          Pat

Comment

Working...
                                          X