Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice work, Pat. The drawn in lines really set the model off nicely.

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
      Here's the new pics with the panel lines drawn in. Looks good up close.
      That looks fantastic!

Comment

• Thanks guys.
        Pat

Comment

• Hey Pat, rivets.... RIVETS! Just kidding. ;o) It looks just as good here as it does over at RCG. Amazing. I presents well in the air.

Steve

Comment

• I managed a couple of flights with the MIG today. I'm still getting the hang of landing it, but that is strictly a pilot confidence issue and nothing to do with the plane.

I'm using Admiral 5000 batteries with my timer set to 3 minutes. Today I had to go around twice after the timer went off, so I was up close to 4 minutes and still had 37% of the battery left.

I have to give Freewing a tip o the hat on their robust landing gear. I have set this plane down hard a couple of times, but everything seems to be holding up well.

Comment

• I am going through withdrawls.... it has been almost 3 weeks since I flew my mig!! AGH!!!!
              Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
              I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by gooniac33 View Post
                I am going through withdrawls.... it has been almost 3 weeks since I flew my mig!! AGH!!!!
                I know what you mean. The weather is starting to turn where I live so flying is more miss than hit lately. Tomorrow is shaping up to be nice so I am going to take a 1/2 day from work. Come on indoor.... Does anyone happen to know when the 1800kv outrunner for the Mig is going to be in stock? I want one for my new F-86.

Comment

• We just had our annual Jet Rally here in Mesa, AZ. This is the time of year when we can get out and fly all day long without having to worry about our batteries (or ourselves for that matter) overheating. Beautiful weather this past weekend, and I got a bunch of flights on the Mig. Many compliments every time it flew, and I think MRC is going to sell out of the current stock pretty quickly based on the number of guys that told me they want to buy one.
                  Pat

Comment

• Good looking plane!
                    TiredIron Aviation
                    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

• Wow that's a very striking photo, Pat! I really like those bold colors on this sinister looking aircraft.
                      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Thanks Alpha. I really like the way this one came out. When I was repainting the green (Testors rattle can over previously hand-painted acrylic), I just lightly sprayed so that the finish would look a little uneven, as if the paint was sun faded. In the bright sunlight, it really stands out as can be seen in that pic. Now to just "dirty" it up some more.
                        Pat

Comment

• Playing around with that pic in Microsoft Photo Editor to create a new avatar, and saved one with effects. This one is called "burlesque". I like it! Almost looks like a scan of a photo from the early 80's.
                          Pat

Comment

• Very nice Pat! I like the burlesque look.....sexy! :)

Comment

• Thanks Tony!
                              Pat

Comment

• Here are a few shot of what I've done with mine ;) Have made a second canopy hatch as the two seater version Click image for larger version

Name:	20161008_133153.jpg
Views:	690
Size:	1.07 MB
ID:	51859Click image for larger version

Name:	20161019_182429.jpg
Views:	665
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	51860Click image for larger version

Name:	20161017_134316.jpg
Views:	663
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	51861Click image for larger version

Name:	20161017_134243.jpg
Views:	674
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	51862Click image for larger version

Name:	20161017_134357.jpg
Views:	677
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	51863Click image for larger version

Name:	20161008_133222.jpg
Views:	676
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	51864Click image for larger version

Name:	20161019_182541.jpg
Views:	678
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	51865
                                Brandon Moon

Comment

• Nice work Brandon. Looks factory!

Jim

Comment

• Nice job on the 2-seat conversion Brandon!
                                    Pat

Comment

• North Vietnamese Mig-21, marking by Callie Graphics.

Comment

• I love these! To me the beauty of the MiG-21 is in its menacing simplicity. Camo'd up or stark silver like this North Vietnamese scheme (which is amazing in person when you see the detail Xplaneguy put into the shading) or bright red or any other color scheme in between, this aircraft at any angle just seems to whisper "Game over." Cold war brute at its best! Keep the pictures coming!
                                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by xplaneguy View Post
                                          North Vietnamese Mig-21, marking by Callie Graphics.
                                          Now that is really nice!! Love it! I hope to get mine airborne again this weekend!! It has been sitting for weeks now which makes me go nutso!!! Must fly.....
                                          Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
                                          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

Working...
                                          X