Clear All

• Better.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210413_083613194.jpg
Views:	820
Size:	140.1 KB
ID:	308609

Comment

• My attempt at some panels and weathering.

Name:	Mig weathered.jpg
Views:	801
Size:	208.0 KB
ID:	309211Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210417_125705759.jpg
Views:	771
Size:	192.7 KB
ID:	309212

Comment

• Some details on the Mig... I'm using Roaring Top 4400 6s batteries with the flight timer set to 3:30...battery is at 15% after landing. I tried bigger/heavier batteries but the performance suffers with the extra weight. The plane handles our rough grass strip pretty well. I lengthened the nosegear by about 6mm and added a 3d printed brace to keep the nosegear from bending...so far, so good. This was an ARF+ kit and I'm using a 1920kv fan from my crashed Mig-29 (same as the one in the Gripen) which seems to work well. The afterburner is the one that Kallend shows on his RCG blog (auto LED tail lightbulb and a small 10amp car ESC). The plane is very "honest"...no hidden tricks that bite you in the butt suddenly. Stalls are very benign...if you force the plane into a max AoA attitude it will descend wings level in "falling leaf" mode until you release the elevator; the nose drops and you're flying again.

Comment

• Agree 100% with the no bad habits and I posted that way back when it first came out. Before I went 8S I used 5200's that weighed 620g...

Comment

• So what's it like with 8s?

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
              So what's it like with 8s?
              I have mine on 8S and I kind of like it better with 6S.

It's not really much faster on 8S than 6S, 10 mph with the setup I have and it's quite a bit heavier in my case, which spoils some of what it's good at, which is flying slow.

I do think I'd miss the extra 8S thrust though.

Comment

• That is one good looking Polska Jet.
                Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Upgraded my old mig with t-33 fan unit and added weathering and ordinance. Great day of flying

Comment

• Buddies mig is weathered and ready for its maiden.

Comment

• Time for a serious upgrade after 130 flights, here's my Freewing Mig-21 in Romanian livery with a kick-ass 8S Wemotec upgrade

https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	06C053FB-B0BE-4029-B08B-15B23506389B.jpeg
Views:	703
Size:	315.4 KB
ID:	315013Click image for larger version

Name:	8629B100-D803-4E4A-8F66-13AE09C65729.jpeg
Views:	690
Size:	250.5 KB
ID:	315012Click image for larger version

Name:	DFE4477C-6BDC-4AB0-AE96-78AC4A852932.jpeg
Views:	706
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	315011

Comment

• Great looking mig21 pull-up. I have been flying mine for a couple of years, they look awesome with a burner installed.

Comment

• Well, damn....another unexplainable crash! I flew my Mig again today....3 successful flights and one disaster. On the fourth flight the plane took off normally...takeoff flaps set, gear down, etc. When the plane rotated I retracted the gear and flaps and climbed straight ahead to about 50 feet and started a right turn. The plane banked to the right as expected, but when I commanded left aileron to come out of the turn the plane didn't respond. It continued to roll right slowly and nosed down to an impact in a gravel parking lot. Fuselage totaled, wings wrinkled but still salvagable, tail surface OK. Roaring Top 4400 battery destroyed too.

Of course, all the electronics work just fine after the crash. This is the kind of thing I just hate and I've had a couple of these type crashes lately....the plane just stops responding and flies into the ground. This Mig had about 30 flights on it with no trouble of any sort.

Comment

• Originally posted by pullupnow View Post

Name:	06C053FB-B0BE-4029-B08B-15B23506389B.jpeg
Views:	703
Size:	315.4 KB
ID:	315013Click image for larger version

Name:	8629B100-D803-4E4A-8F66-13AE09C65729.jpeg
Views:	690
Size:	250.5 KB
ID:	315012Click image for larger version

Name:	DFE4477C-6BDC-4AB0-AE96-78AC4A852932.jpeg
Views:	706
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	315011
                              that's one mean looking Mig-21 !!! very cool !!!
                              https://www.youtube.com/icarusthe2nd

Comment

• Originally posted by T- Elbert View Post
                                Great looking mig21 pull-up. I have been flying mine for a couple of years, they look awesome with a burner installed.
                                thank you Sir!

Comment

• Originally posted by Icarus the 2nd View Post

that's one mean looking Mig-21 !!! very cool !!!
                                  Thank you!

Comment

• Originally posted by radfordc View Post
                                    Well, damn....another unexplainable crash! I flew my Mig again today....3 successful flights and one disaster. On the fourth flight the plane took off normally...takeoff flaps set, gear down, etc. When the plane rotated I retracted the gear and flaps and climbed straight ahead to about 50 feet and started a right turn. The plane banked to the right as expected, but when I commanded left aileron to come out of the turn the plane didn't respond. It continued to roll right slowly and nosed down to an impact in a gravel parking lot. Fuselage totaled, wings wrinkled but still salvagable, tail surface OK. Roaring Top 4400 battery destroyed too.

Of course, all the electronics work just fine after the crash. This is the kind of thing I just hate and I've had a couple of these type crashes lately....the plane just stops responding and flies into the ground. This Mig had about 30 flights on it with no trouble of any sort.
                                    Not a lot to go on here to try and figure it out. Would make me worried transplanting all that into a new one :/

I had two flights on mine yesterday to start our flying season and I forgot that it can be difficult to see at distance lol.

Comment

•  

Comment

• Great fun at Thunderbirds RC, Great Club!

Comment

• Originally posted by T- Elbert View Post
                                          Buddies mig is weathered and ready for its maiden.
                                          Awesome scheme.. What paint brand and color did you use?

Comment

Working...
                                          X