Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was bear paint from Home Depot, I will pull the color codes from my files and post the for you.

Comment

• Installed new Freewing 9 blade 1920kv in-runner in the Mig today. Very well balanced fan out of the box. Thrust feels good. Will test fly tomorrow. Power meter readings static in the plane on a 6s 4500mah 40c zippy. 24.6v 85 amps 1997 watts.. For anyone interested I found basic motor power details on this link : -
      https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/40010...19419660%22%7D

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200414_125748.jpg
Views:	821
Size:	210.2 KB
ID:	325450

Comment

• todays test flight with new 1920kv 9 blade in-runner went well. sounds good, plenty of power flew off grass 1/2 flaps into 5mph wind no problem.

Comment

• After previous flight in totally grey skies I decided to improve visibility with a few more red highlights, now moving towards Russian Knights colours. For some reason the external shots are pink as opposed to the internal shots which are the correct red ?

Name:	Mig 7.jpg
Views:	749
Size:	274.6 KB
ID:	325971

Name:	Mig 9.jpg
Views:	735
Size:	230.7 KB
ID:	325972

Name:	mig 10.jpg
Views:	740
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	325973

Comment

• Began to fly low High Alpha stuff...got to low speed on a dogleg landing, ending i broken landing gears...So nice this types of planes are easy to fix...
            One week into this Mig 21 ended i gluing..Getting to high selfconfidens to early dont pay off...Did some good low high alpha stuff...But too low speed on a i...

Comment

• More Mig 21 flying
              One week into this Mig 21 ended i gluing..Getting to high selfconfidens to early dont pay off...Did some good low high alpha stuff...But too low speed on a i...

Comment

• Originally posted by paulrkytek View Post
                Installed new Freewing 9 blade 1920kv in-runner in the Mig today. Very well balanced fan out of the box. Thrust feels good. Will test fly tomorrow. Power meter readings static in the plane on a 6s 4500mah 40c zippy. 24.6v 85 amps 1997 watts.. For anyone interested I found basic motor power details on this link : -
                https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/40010...19419660%22%7D

Name:	IMG_20200414_125748.jpg
Views:	821
Size:	210.2 KB
ID:	325450
                Very nice colors 👍

Comment

• More Mig 21 flying...Very nice flying plane. Did a nice last landing👍

Comment

• Is there a 3DP .STL file for a centerline fuel tank for this model? I did not find one on Thingiverse.

Thanks!

Comment

• Dave Wave I've seen two Mig21s with centerline tanks. They just used one of the supplied tanks and installed the mounts from a spare plastic parts set from another plane. I can't remember the which spare parts set but it looked like such a clean and easy mod that I plan on doing it on my Mig and maybe on the Mirage as well using a smaller tank than the scale ones supplied.

Comment

• San exup is correct , I did a centerline tank
                        mod on 2 mig 21’s using the stock tanks and hardware then added rocket pods to the wings

Comment

• Thinking about one of these. I see the blue version now has a 90mm fan. Has it always had that? How does it compare to the silver 80mm version? I fly off asphalt.

Comment

• Originally posted by MeyerVW View Post
                            Thinking about one of these. I see the blue version now has a 90mm fan. Has it always had that? How does it compare to the silver 80mm version? I fly off asphalt.
                            80mm on USA and EU website so where did you get that info ?

Comment

• Motion rc site say new motor and fan.
                              Features:
                              • New! 90mm 9-blade ducted fan and powerful 3658-1920Kv brushless inrunner motor provides awesome power and incredible real life jet turbine sound
                              Is that an error on their end? Seems like that should say 80mm.

Comment

• I bought the silver/green version. Happy to have one one the way.

Comment

I bought the silver/green version. Happy to have one one the way.
                                  • NEW! Powered by a new 9-blade EDF with all-new 3658-1920Kv brushless inrunner motor and 100A ESC is what it says ight now but definitely80mm not 90mm so are you sure ????. the 3658-1920kv motor refers to the 80mm edf, I have 3 of them in my Avanti, L39 and the Mig 21 in my post 784 above.

Comment

Motion rc site say new motor and fan.
                                    Features:
                                    • New! 90mm 9-blade ducted fan and powerful 3658-1920Kv brushless inrunner motor provides awesome power and incredible real life jet turbine sound
                                    Is that an error on their end? Seems like that should say 80mm.
                                    Pretty sure it's a typo.

Comment

• That was only for the blue grey version. The green silver version did not say that.

Comment

That was only for the blue grey version. The green silver version did not say that.
                                        USA site only, Typo , 2 places states 80mm, it states 90mm under the features part of the description, no doubt lack of proof reading once again!!! It Is supposed to be a new website layout so no doubt there will be a few anomalies.

Comment

• I am trying to get the stock MLG wheels off. The grub screw looks like it has loctite on it and a 1.5 mm hex is a loose fit. I tried heating with a soldering iron, but no luck. Any tips/ tricks to getting the screw out?

Comment

Working...
                                          X