Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are four screws holding the wings on, use the front forward screws, it has worked for me many flights so it has to be close, I just place my fingertips on those screws and lift up, slight nose drop is good, if the tail drops it's a crash...:Angry::)

Comment

• Flew the second flight of my F-104 Starfighter ever with another Starfighter on my wing and a camera on board. WTF was I thinking?? :wacky My heart is STILL pounding!!:Dizzy::Dizzy::Dizzy:

There are hundreds of RC aviation videos viewable here; WBRC

Comment

• Originally posted by WrightBrosRC View Post
        Flew the second flight of my F-104 Starfighter ever with another Starfighter on my wing and a camera on board. WTF was I thinking?? :wacky My heart is STILL pounding!!:Dizzy::Dizzy::Dizzy:
        Wow that vid was very entertaining, very cool. Great job! What happened to your wingman? Shot down by AA? :Scared::Scared:
        Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Bax91 View Post
          Hey guys going crazy trying to find correct CG.
          My setup is FMS Edf and predator esc 130 amp. I will use Turnigy Heavy duty 60c 5000 mah on this bird. Any major info and pictures about correct cg location and battery placement with this setup? It will be a good point of start...
          If you look in the manual the CG they recommend is on the forward most wing mounting screw. The is actually the rearward CG and is borderline tail heavy. move it to the middle of that range which is between that screw and the leading edge of the wing. You will be fine in there.
          Check me out on youtube at https://www.youtube.com/user/gooniac33
          I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

Wow that vid was very entertaining, very cool. Great job! What happened to your wingman? Shot down by AA? :Scared::Scared:
            We were experiencing input overload and neglected bingo fuel. The splashed 104 flew successfully again yesterday. The other has foam damage only, but a cosmetic fuse replacement may be in order. The intake area would be time consuming to recreate.

-Den

Comment

• How did you get that weird moving camera angle? It's like you re-filmed it again in front of a giant screen TV and moved the silver F-104 around by hand. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Bandiferous93 View Post
                How did you get that weird moving camera angle? It's like you re-filmed it again in front of a giant screen TV and moved the silver F-104 around by hand. LOL
                Yes sir, it is done exactly like that. :Cool:

Here is the recovery portion of the event...

Comment

• Will have my new burner up and running this evening.Here are some pix of it as it is now...

Click image for larger version

Name:	a11804705-22-B03EB39F-E1C5-41FB-A940-14AC04DFD9F9.jpg
Views:	915
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	184035

Click image for larger version

Name:	a11804707-138-46E643C4-3DD0-44C2-9D4F-E0B8B38A5479.jpg
Views:	911
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	184034
                  I am an RC addict and innovator that loves to share my knowledge with those that need help. Ask me anything via PM if you need help! Check out my Website here https://www.gooniac33.me/

Comment

• F-104 flights from the last couple flying days

Comment

• Just curious, why is there no official build video from Motion RC on the Freewing 90mm F-104? Would love to see one, along with a flight review from "Pilot Ryan"! Just saying!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aviatorcl44d View Post
                        Just curious, why is there no official build video from Motion RC on the Freewing 90mm F-104? Would love to see one, along with a flight review from "Pilot Ryan"! Just saying!
                        There didn't seem to be a huge participation in the beginning but those of us that think it's the coolest EDF to ever grace the skies covered it ad nauseam on RCG. Also, I think Ryan was too chicken to fly it off his short country strip...;)
                        https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ghter-90mm-EDF

I have no idea if it was, or is a great seller but I keep telling myself I need another one for an alternate scheme...

Comment

• Made my test flights yesterday, the 104 flies beautifully, balanced exactly on the front screw...landing approaches with flaps to T.O. have all been great, precise, nice attitude...I feel much better than with the F-16 90mm...and this is a 104!! I reduced the aileron throws to low rate suggested and I think they're well enough for all flight phases and like that roll rate is still impressive. 30% expo on my fingers. 3 mins + landing with Admiral 5000mAh, 30% of battery remaining after the flight. It flies no probs with half to 65% throttle, of course adding more on slightly tigher turns or aerobatics. No problems with preset gyro, I flew with little wind. I can adfirm that I really love this unique 90mm F-104 and it does not seem to be other of this class and dimensions. Happy flights and happy landings to you all!

Comment

• Originally posted by DenisFerrari View Post
                            Made my test flights yesterday, the 104 flies beautifully, balanced exactly on the front screw...landing approaches with flaps to T.O. have all been great, precise, nice attitude...I feel much better than with the F-16 90mm...and this is a 104!! I reduced the aileron throws to low rate suggested and I think they're well enough for all flight phases and like that roll rate is still impressive. 30% expo on my fingers. 3 mins + landing with Admiral 5000mAh, 30% of battery remaining after the flight. It flies no probs with half to 65% throttle, of course adding more on slightly tigher turns or aerobatics. No problems with preset gyro, I flew with little wind. I can adfirm that I really love this unique 90mm F-104 and it does not seem to be other of this class and dimensions. Happy flights and happy landings to you all!
                            I think you are the first person to ever report such good test flights on the first try, and to say that is better than the F-16, you must be a good pilot to love the 104 that much

Anyway, glad you like it, mine took several flights to get it right, flies awesome now, it always gets the adrenaline going when I bring it out.
                            ​​

Comment

• I'm thinking about upgrading my f-15 to 8's.. and putting the f-15 inrunner fan in the f-104. It is a heavier EDF... does anyone have any thoughts on that. Would it CG properly? Would it be a good upgrade? I do feel that a lot of the scale EDF Jets or somewhat underpowered. I do like speed😊

Comment

• There’s not a lot of battery room... may be difficult to balance. But you can always change it back.

Comment

• I would like to build one with a fast 6S setup. Anyone tried this yet?

Comment

• Have installed a 90mm Schubeler with HET 2100kv motor on 6s which I believe is about the hottest 6s setup available. The plane has enough power for takeoff but very underpowered flying around. I'm sorry I didn't start out stock but now just about my only option is to accept the extra 10 oz and charge to 8s.
                                    My current thinking is stay with the stock setup which yields 3 min flights or go all the way with an 8s setup.

Comment

• Has anyone installed an 8s setup on this great airplane?

Comment

• I put one of the newer FW 90 systems, I think from my F-4, in mine and it perked it up just enough. Two things hurt the 104, lack of battery space and poor intake ducting.

Comment

• Question for you experienced F-104 owners. I keep seeing pictures of the F-104 flying with the speed brakes sucked in. Is this to get more air to the fan, or just poor fitting doors/sloppy linkage? Quick look over the instruction book doesn't address this specifically.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X