X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John,
    you say you used a AS3X receiver in the 90mm F-104, can you tell me what you used for your initial AS3X rate gain and if used heading gain settings for roll, pitch, yaw for the F-104? Based on testing of the stock gyro it looks like about 28% roll, 25%pitch, and 25% yaw is close.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Checkride Pete View Post
      John,
      you say you used a AS3X receiver in the 90mm F-104, can you tell me what you used for your initial AS3X rate gain and if used heading gain settings for roll, pitch, yaw for the F-104? Based on testing of the stock gyro it looks like about 28% roll, 25%pitch, and 25% yaw is close.

Thanks
      Hello,

I'm still fine-tuning the settings for the F-104. Mostly I use AS3X to compensate for the servos they use that don't always center precisely. Not a big gyro fan, but it helps to keep them in trim. I'm a pattern flyer starting back in the late 70's so servos not centering drives me crazy. :) I don't use heading hold. I set up three flight modes one has no gyro settings, 2 & 3 have different settings more to help me find the setting that feels the best.

Right now I'm using 30 on the Ailerons & Elevator, and 15 on the Rudder. The priority I'm going back and forth between 150 and 170. The reason I'm using less on the rudder is experimenting with the best way to get rid of the wing rock. The rudder is very sensitive on the 104, and I think having a high gyro setting on the rudder induces or makes the wing rock worse. Again, still playing with the settings.

Comment

• John,
        Interesting thought on the rudder I had not considered gyro yaw coupling factor that sensitive. What control surface deflection distances are you using with AS3X settings? As a starting point I have set
        18mm aileron, 32mm Elevator, 22 mm rudder based on your comment the rudder may be better at 20mm to 18mm with 25mm low and 40mm high on flaps. Thanks for your help this jet has a track record of not being forgiving in flight so the more info on what others settings and experiences have been the better.
        Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X