Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yup with those 6000's you are going to need to move that board to the back two screws...had to do it to even get anywhere close to a balanced CG with my Admiral 6000s and still think they can go back further to get that 86mm mark.

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat View Post
      Yup with those 6000's you are going to need to move that board to the back two screws...had to do it to even get anywhere close to a balanced CG with my Admiral 6000s and still think they can go back further to get that 86mm mark.
      Alright, you guys are good! Moved the board back onto two screws. Moved the batteries all the way back, but it still seems nose heavy off the 85-86mm mark. Can you post a pic of your plane and where on the wings you are marking 86mm?

Comment

• Originally posted by evensen007 View Post

Alright, you guys are good! Moved the board back onto two screws. Moved the batteries all the way back, but it still seems nose heavy off the 85-86mm mark. Can you post a pic of your plane and where on the wings you are marking 86mm?
        Mine isn't quite at 86mm yet, I'm more around 82mm...are you balancing gear down and inverted? This bird has a real forgiving tolerance it seems for CG as well so if you aren't quite at 86mm but somewhere around there I think you'll be good lol.

Comment

• I fly the 8000 mah, and my CG is 92mm for windy days, and 95mm on calmer days. Move the blue board back like previously mentioned, then extend the battery straps, put some non skid between the two packs, then strap them together and then into to the bird. My 8000's give me 4.5 to 6 minutes of flight time depending on my throttle usage.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0926.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	269335 Hey Phantom, how ya doing? Been busy moding a heli to launch these rockets, and putting a Shockwave 3 sound system in my A-10. Long way to go!

Comment

• Hey Warthog, doing fine. Back in the land of the free, and finishing up my 14 day quarantine, can't wait to fly again after my birds get here. Look forward to hearing the new sound system on your A-10!

Comment

• Good to hear from you! Back home!! Ok,, now I'm wondering if buying these: https://www.motionrc.com/collections...inrunner-motor, was a mistake after some people say 9 blade is better. Which is it? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Well, I guess I should add mine to this pile! Here's her after the facelift and new JP 90's!
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Here's her in flight! I almost lost her due to a bad aileron servo however I manage to get her down and she now flies well!
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Warthog View Post
                      Good to hear from you! Back home!! Ok,, now I'm wondering if buying these: https://www.motionrc.com/collections...inrunner-motor, was a mistake after some people say 9 blade is better. Which is it? Thanks in advance.
                      Appreciate the welcome home Warthog.

People here love that power system, they've put it in everything from their underpowered, overweight F-16's to their F-4's and F-15's. At the time I was looking at re-powering my F-16, these were out of stock, just like they are now. So I went with the 90mm FMS power system. It was lighter, more efficient and with the weight savings only lacking about 300 grams of power to weight ratio over this system. As a bonus it's 68 bucks cheaper, so I bought 2 and put one in my F-4 as well.

I've always flown my A-10 on the stock 80mm 9 bladed power system and even with an flying AUW of 17 lbs have never felt like it was lacking in power or vertical. I think the stock power system is easily twice the power of scale flight in this bird, and I love the scale like whine that the 9 bladed system gives her. I bought her with the thought process that I'd purchase the 90mm nacelles later, and never did, completely happy with her 80mm power.

Comment

• Originally posted by Phantom View Post
                        I've always flown my A-10 on the stock 80mm 9 bladed power system
                        Has the A-10 always had the same stock motor and fan? I ordered from the first batch, and am not sure if it has the same power system that it ships with currently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Demetrius View Post
                          Here's her in flight!
                          DT, Outstanding repaint and I'm diggin' the new fans. Best, LB
                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post

Has the A-10 always had the same stock motor and fan? I ordered from the first batch, and am not sure if it has the same power system that it ships with currently.
                            For the US release, yes the power system has always been the same 9-blade fan. It may have had other power systems available in Asia, not sure. But here in the US it's never changed.
                            Pat

Comment

• Thanks to Splat for correcting me via PM's (and really all of you in this thread) I think I have my CG good. I would say it's closer to 90mm than 86mm at this point but I think that's ok. I am using the HRB 6000's which are about 810 grams in the staggered setup pushed back as far as they can go. The battery strap is pretty much near the last inch of each battery. The cockpit does fit, but bows up just a tiny bit so I'm going to carve a touch of foam. Maiden tonight; wish me luck!

Comment

Thanks to Splat for correcting me via PM's (and really all of you in this thread) I think I have my CG good. I would say it's closer to 90mm than 86mm at this point but I think that's ok. I am using the HRB 6000's which are about 810 grams in the staggered setup pushed back as far as they can go. The battery strap is pretty much near the last inch of each battery. The cockpit does fit, but bows up just a tiny bit so I'm going to carve a touch of foam. Maiden tonight; wish me luck!
                                You will be fine with it, even nose heavy is fine, I flew mine nose heavy because I didn't like the feel of it, kind of floaty past 80mm, nose heavy gave me a nice nose down settle in feeling thatI I like, so don't panic, you will be fine at your CG point at 86mm never tried 90mm. Good Luck on your maiden.

Comment

The battery strap is pretty much near the last inch of each battery.
                                  Pretty much how mine are too. Good luck on the maiden!

These are RoaringTop 5800's. Canopy fits just fine with them in. The RT's are slightly slimmer and longer than most other similar size packs. I'll even toss 6250's in there occasionally and they fit fine too.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN5458.JPG Views:	0 Size:	140.6 KB ID:	269438
                                  Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

DT, Outstanding repaint and I'm diggin' the new fans. Best, LB
                                    Thanks

Comment

• I have Admiral 6000's I want to try out in her. I wonder what my placement will look like? Anyone flying her with Admiral 6000s?
                                      My YouTube RC videos:
                                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
                                        I have Admiral 6000's I want to try out in her. I wonder what my placement will look like? Anyone flying her with Admiral 6000s?
                                        I fly with the Admiral 6000's, 22.2v 50C. My placement should be in a few pics back there somewhere lol.

Comment

• Ah perfect, thanks!
                                          My YouTube RC videos:
                                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
                                          X