Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see cooling vents printed & installed on the A-10 when I hunt printer files online. Are these necessary on this model? Is there anything else thats useful I should be looking for other than the nose brace?

Comment

• Those vents and other parts are just scale details. They are not functional as they are solid parts, or just glue onto the foam exterior.
      Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by crxmanpat View Post
        Those vents and other parts are just scale details. They are not functional as they are solid parts, or just glue onto the foam exterior.
        OK thank you for the info.

Are there any braces that can be printed for the mains as a brace? Or are those pretty solid & OK? I thought I had read that they get loose. I found some spacers in an stl file for the planes mains. But that is about it.

Comment

• The mains are pretty solid. What can loosen up is the grub screws that hold the strut onto the retract unit. Just need to check them once in a while. Simple to do, just grab the strut and see if there's any twist. If so, just tighten up the grub screws.
          Pat

Comment

• Congrats on the maiden Hugh Wiedman !! Great job and again, just a fantastic job on the livery!
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Already posted in What did you Fly, but was able to get out today and put another 5 flights on the A-10 along with the same number on the Avanti and one of my Extreme Flight Planes. I know it's maybe too soon to say this, but the A-10 has got to be, IMO, one of the easiest EDF's to fly, actually just as easy as my Avanti, which I consider a "trainer EDF". I guess it's size just makes it incredibly stable but it's got plenty of power. Flight time has been 5 minutes on 2 RT 6250's and I'm still coming in with 40% battery left. I may get it to 6 minutes, and it's not just cruising around at half throttle. Plenty of vertical with several Cuban 8's, Spit S's and a couple of knife edges at full throttle, so I'm just completely thrilled with this airframe. So far, landing has been definitely the easiest of all my EDF's, it's slow flight ability is scary! This is now my "1st flight of the day" EDF to give me confidence on the others. The pucker factor is down to 1 (only because I would hate to have to re-paint another in the event of a mishap). My Avanti used to be that 1st jet, but now it's on the back burner because the A-10 just looks so much better doing almost all the same things!! So far I've found that the CG works well in the 90-92mm range, which makes landing just very simple. And I think it could even be a couple mm further back, so we'll see. Can't believe I waited 4 years to get one!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200919_113420.jpg
Views:	621
Size:	301.0 KB
ID:	275496Click image for larger version

Name:	20200919_113444.jpg
Views:	582
Size:	278.7 KB
ID:	275497
              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Glad you finally joined the club Hugh Wiedman ! Ain't she a doll? Easily my favorite FW jet to-date. Looks like a terror, flies like a pu$$ycat.
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I finally broke down and ordered one this morning. Wanted to get input on batteries for it before I order 2 (or 4). Was thinking 5000 mah packs (a bit less flight time but lighter and less stress on the landing gear) .... or are 6000's a better option ? I usually do scale-type flying.
                  Thanks. Bob

Comment

• I use both Pulse 5000 45c and RT 6250 35c with excellent results. The landing gear can handle it. I have all oleo struts. 4 minutes of flight time at half throttle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Balsa Bob View Post
                      I finally broke down and ordered one this morning. Wanted to get input on batteries for it before I order 2 (or 4). Was thinking 5000 mah packs (a bit less flight time but lighter and less stress on the landing gear) .... or are 6000's a better option ? I usually do scale-type flying.
                      Thanks. Bob
                      I use Gensace 5000 60C packs in mine, 3-1/2 minutes no problem, you can get longer flights if your left hand has better control than mine.

Comment

• HRB 6000 ma.

Mike
                        Attached Files
                        \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by Balsa Bob View Post
                          I finally broke down and ordered one this morning. Wanted to get input on batteries for it before I order 2 (or 4). Was thinking 5000 mah packs (a bit less flight time but lighter and less stress on the landing gear) .... or are 6000's a better option ? I usually do scale-type flying.
                          Thanks. Bob
                          Try both and see which you like better. I use 2 RT 6250 mah 35C and they have a sufficient discharge rate for maximum thrust on the 2-80mm outrunners that come stock. Inrunners typically like higher C batteries for maximum thrust (and in my inrunner jets I use the HRB 6000 and not the RT 6250), where I found that with outrunners it doesn't matter as much. With that said, mine takes off of grass (installed the trailing link nose strut) just fine in less than 100 feet. I now typically get close to 5 minutes flight time even with plenty of aggressive maneuvers. The RT 6250 only weighs 790 g each, which is lighter than a typical 6000 mah 50C battery which weighs in around 830-860 g. It seems this A-10 likes a CG closer to 90-92 mm instead of the book 78 mm, and I have both batteries about as far aft as I can get them. Removed the circuit board and installed it on the side wall to allow the aft battery to go back even further. I suspect with 2 5000 mah batteries, you may have an easier time getting the CG back to 88-92 mm. A 5000 weighs about 700-725 g, so 2 of those would weigh 1400-1450 g, and the 2 I use weigh almost 1600 g. With 2 of the heavier C 6000 mah batteries, you may have a hard time getting the CG back as far as you want it. Even so, this bird has plenty of power and the slightly extra weight to get 25% more flight time (over a 5000) to me was well worth it and I don't believe you will even notice much difference in flight characteristics with a little more weight.
                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• I use the Admiral 5000 x 50C. I like staying very far away from stall, and as a result they don't last long and come back HOT . I like keeping the wing loading lighter than would be the case with the 6000 or 6250's, but I seem to be the only one at our club (or on this forum) who feels that way. Depends on what you like. I don't mind landing quickly, I like landing anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post
                              I use the Admiral 5000 x 50C. I like staying very far away from stall, and as a result they don't last long and come back HOT . I like keeping the wing loading lighter than would be the case with the 6000 or 6250's, but I seem to be the only one at our club (or on this forum) who feels that way. Depends on what you like. I don't mind landing quickly, I like landing anyway.
                              I feel the same way, I get bored after 3 minutes anyway and enjoy landings, I don't know what I would do with some of these 4,5, or 6 minute flight times.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

I feel the same way, I get bored after 3 minutes anyway and enjoy landings, I don't know what I would do with some of these 4,5, or 6 minute flight times.
                                Well ...................... bitch and complain about not being able to get the 20+ minutes of the glow guys?

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                  Well ...................... bitch and complain about not being able to get the 20+ minutes of the glow guys?
                                  I know what flight times are with glow and gas, been there and done that, I don't get your remark? we were talking about heavier batteries longer flights or less weight shorter flights, did you miss something?

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

I know what flight times are with glow and gas, been there and done that, I don't get your remark? we were talking about heavier batteries longer flights or less weight shorter flights, did you miss something?
                                    I was being sarcastic. My point was no matter how much time you can stretch out with bigger batteries, there's always someone who will complain it's not enough. I'm with you. 3 to 4 minutes and I'm good.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                      I was being sarcastic. My point was no matter how much time you can stretch out with bigger batteries, there's always someone who will complain it's not enough. I'm with you. 3 to 4 minutes and I'm good.
                                      Okay, got it now,
                                      Yep, take off, then a couple of high speed passes with a vertical roll or two, or a low pass inverted, I'm good, had my fix and time to land.

Comment

• I might be "doing it wrong" on the left stick but most of my flights I time to be on the ground in 3 minutes of throttle time on 5000's, with high 3.7's remaining per cell. For single 80mm I use 4000's and the same timer. Lighter weight is better unless it's very windy.

I wouldn't mind 4 minute throttle times as usually I'm setting up to land shortly after my 1 minute remaining alarm goes off, which means I get ~2 min. of maneuvers, but not if it comes at the expense of overall performance.

Comment

• I have been 3D printing these and looks like a good accessory to display your A-10. I am also working on the boarding ladder and antennas for the A-10 as well, I didnt finish it before I flew mine, so I just glue the door on.

Let me know if anybody is interstated.
                                          Thanks,
                                          Jeff

Comment

Working...
                                          X