Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you guys for the help. I'll let you know how they come out. John . I just finished building a Prusa i3 MK3 S+

Comment

• Originally posted by Warthog View Post
      Thank you guys for the help. I'll let you know how they come out. John . I just finished building a Prusa i3 MK3 S+
      WH, You're going to like it. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Yes, I am looking for the 90s. Rudy, This file has the nozzles standing on it's edge with a brim or skirt, instead of laying flat on the heat bed. I'm a 3D printer idiot, and don't know how to change it!!

Comment

Yes, I am looking for the 90s. Rudy, This file has the nozzles standing on it's edge with a brim or skirt, instead of laying flat on the heat bed. I'm a 3D printer idiot, and don't know how to change it!!
          WH, are you using Prusa Slicer? On the left-hand menu there is an icon that reads "Place on Plane". I just call it 'lie flat'. Click it and then the face of your object that you want on the print bed. Best, Steve
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• As Elbee mentioned, there's a button here on the left that says "Place on face". Click that and when you hover the mouse over the object, you should see different planes highlight. You can click on one and the part will rotate the plane you clicked down against the bed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-03-07 at 8.20.55 PM.png
Views:	684
Size:	224.1 KB
ID:	339301

Comment

• See,, I told you I was an idiot!! LOL. When you do that, does it get rid of the skirt or brim?

Comment

See,, I told you I was an idiot!! LOL. When you do that, does it get rid of the skirt or brim?
                WH, The skirt is always in your prints. It is in the G-Code and allows the printer guidance for the print layout and layer thickness. On the right hand side there are options. These include a brim setting check box. Turn it off, no brim, turn it on, brim. I would not print that part with a brim, but it is probably advisable to do so if DD has designed it into the STL file. To remove it from the STL file you'd have to take back to your CAD software and remove it there. Are you working with DirtyDee's STL files or are these DD's G-Code files? Usually you add a brim if the part has a small contact surface to your heat bed. Which steel plate did you buy with your Prusa? That makes a difference, too, on how often and when you'd want to use the brim setting. I have the textured coated steel sheet and this provides enough sticking power for most things. I used the brim a great deal when I started as I did not mind the clean up of cutting back the brim and I did not want to reprint parts. Now I just don't worry about it so much since I design everything and I almost always have to resize or adjust my designs. If I can assist you with anything, please just let me know. Best, Steve
                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Whats up everybody! Here is our latest episode...a maiden and set up flights of a custom painted A-10 twin 80mm from Freewing!
                  In Model AV8R Episode 24, Adam does the maiden flight and setup flights on our buddy Ken's Freewing A-10 Thunderbolt Twin 80mm.Chapters00:00 Intro01:49 Maide...

Comment

• Well,, I finished the nozzles, and they came out PERFECT. The only problem I have with them is they reduced the static thrust by two pounds! With the stock nozzles, I could pull 17 lbs.on a fish scale hooked to the tail. Now it only pulls 15 lbs.., but it feels like the velocity of the air is higher at the nozzles. Anyone have any thoughts on this?? It would be appreciated. I'm going to keep the new nozzles on the Hog.

Comment

• Warthog You might send Dirty Dee a Private Message and ask him about any changes in thrust measurement. As I recall, others felt the same when he first came out with that design. I have his 80mm thrust tube/nozzles on my A-10 and have not experienced any lack of performance. It should be noted that I have not flown my A-10 with the OEM Nozzles and do not have that comparison to use. Best, LB

~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• By the way, Elbee, check out my video.

Comment

By the way, Elbee, check out my video.
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOlLq4zA_PQ
                          OMG, that's outstanding!!!!! 3D printed cockpit, pilot with moving head, jet sound system and the icing with cherry on top; BRRTTT with smoke! Now this is what the custom challenge should be all about, not just a swim suit competition of the best photography. RC Modelers at their finest, doing what only they can do best! This one at Florida's Top Gun Event in April, electric entry, would surely be hard to beat. I'm shipping mine to you for a BRRTTT modification as this kind of modeling is way over my head.
                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Warthog;n339776]By the way, Elbee, check out my video./QUOTE]

WH, HAH! That is outstanding. Diggin' the smoke mod. I mean, really!!!!!! Best, LB
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

By the way, Elbee, check out my video.
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOlLq4zA_PQ
                              That's outstanding... great job!

Comment

• Thank you all so much. It means a great deal to me. I have a lot of hours in on this A-10, as you can see. My next move is the opening canopy.

Comment

• Hello All,

Just finishing up my A-10. Just need to permanently install the receiver and satellite and final balance.
                                  I did a bunch of custom painting with my airbrush, and also a bunch of weathering following loosely the RC Geeks tutorial on weathering.
                                  Did all the "rivets". Lots of rivets....
                                  Pilot is Jet Hangar Hobbies 1/10 scale I painted up.
                                  I think it came out pretty good.

-Dave

Comment

• Can anyone help with spektrum as3x gains setting for my 80mm a10. What is heading gains and do I need them and what’s a good number to start with on my gains in general

Comment

• Originally posted by willieanderson911 View Post
                                      Can anyone help with spektrum as3x gains setting for my 80mm a10. What is heading gains and do I need them and what’s a good number to start with on my gains in general
                                      Don't use heading gains or you will get in trouble. From experience. It locks in the direction you yaw or turn the jet with your rudder. Nothing more than 30% on ailerons, 20 on elevator. I totally turned off the gyro on mine and flew way better for me. This jet dosn't bounce in wind up to 15mph. Depends on your skill level. There will be others with different outcomes. Heading hold 0.

Comment

• Your talking about gain % for the gyro on as3x receiver correct just to make sure

Comment

• And definitely will not use heading gains now that I have a better understanding of what it’s purpose is

Comment

Working...
                                          X