X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RAFALR30 View Post
    Gentlemen modelers, which version of the battery assembly will be the best for CG around 85-90mm? Batteries placed one above the other or one behind the other (necessary to disassemble the electronics board and install in other place).
    Guess it really doesn't matter, as long as you can get the CG that works for you. I personally prefer one in front of the other, distributes the weight more evenly, but then that requires you to unscrew the electronics board and then just use some velcro with one sticky side on the bottom of the board and on the place in the fuselage you put it, no biggy (and you can always remove it any time if you need to work on something). Although with one on top of the other, you'll also need to change the velcro straps to longer ones and use 2 (I used 2 on each even when locating them front to back). As long as you get them strapped down tight with no movement possible, it should be fine. I do think it's easier to keep them down tight with one in front of the other.
    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Hey guys, its been a few years since we last got a gaggle of six FW 80mm A10's all flying together at Terry Nitche's E-Jets event near Columbus Ohio at the TORKS club. I'd really like to see this happen again. Pete and I are coming, how about you Jetman? And there are several others from this group. Good deal at the local hotel. Its 6 weeks away, Sept 8-11. 900' paved runway! Here is a link to the event flyer: E-JETS-E-WARBIRDS-2022.pdf (torks.com) BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190907_105751.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	339.6 KB
ID:	351610
      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
        Hey guys, its been a few years since we last got a gaggle of six FW 80mm A10's all flying together at Terry Nitche's E-Jets event near Columbus Ohio at the TORKS club. I'd really like to see this happen again. Pete and I are coming, how about you Jetman? And there are several others from this group. Good deal at the local hotel. Its 6 weeks away, Sept 8-11. 900' paved runway! Here is a link to the event flyer: E-JETS-E-WARBIRDS-2022.pdf (torks.com) BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT!

Name:	20190907_105751.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	339.6 KB
ID:	351610
        OMG, talk about Heaven on Earth! Outstanding!!!!I'll take one of each please.
        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

OMG, talk about Heaven on Earth! Outstanding!!!!I'll take one of each please.
          Ah I finally found the video. From 2019, before the pandemic. We need to do this again!!! Who is coming? Let's set a new record!
          E-JETS AND E-WARBIRDS 2019 - YouTube

Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

Ah I finally found the video. From 2019, before the pandemic. We need to do this again!!! Who is coming? Let's set a new record!
            E-JETS AND E-WARBIRDS 2019 - YouTube

thanks for sharing - good day yesterday as well...

Comment

• Thanks again for everyone's input. Box arrived majorly delayed, but nothing damaged. Going to use airbrush for a custom paint scheme (either Alaska or 100th Anniversary). As I was inspecting the parts I thought about painting the plane unassembled? Would that work or actually cause consistency issues of sorts?

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0099.JPG
Views:	474
Size:	167.5 KB
ID:	352063
                I did mine before assembly.

Mike
                \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post

Name:	IMG_0099.JPG
Views:	474
Size:	167.5 KB
ID:	352063
                  I did mine before assembly.

Mike
                  Looks amazing! Thanks, Mike!

Comment

• Thanks. Also a great flyer. You'll love it.

Mike

Comment

• This is Todd's Freewing A-10 Thunderbolt II Super Scale Twin 80mm EDF Jet also known as the Freewing A-10 Warthog.

Comment

• Hi All!

My son and I just received our new FW A-10. So excited to maiden after building.

I purchased from Motion RC and one thing I noticed is that our plane came with the Flying Tigers livery already applied and no decal sheet. Is this normal? There were no other signs that the plane had been previously owned, assembled or flown.

I’m ok with it since we were going to apply the Flying Tigers livery anyways and it saved us the time and hassle.

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Koko View Post
                          Hi All!

My son and I just received our new FW A-10. So excited to maiden after building.

I purchased from Motion RC and one thing I noticed is that our plane came with the Flying Tigers livery already applied and no decal sheet. Is this normal? There were no other signs that the plane had been previously owned, assembled or flown.

I’m ok with it since we were going to apply the Flying Tigers livery anyways and it saved us the time and hassle.

Thanks!
                          That's interesting, when I got mine a couple years ago no decals were on it and it came with a decal sheet with I think 3 different liveries. DId the Arctic Thunder so didn't use the decals anyway. This A-10 is exceptional and very easy to fly and land, but my only recommendation is do not fly it at the 78mm balance point they recommend. Way to nose heavy which will require more speed on landing, a harder time getting it slow with the nose up on landing and that's where many have landed nose wheel first causing the bucking bronco. I fly mine at 92-94mm and it slows down very nicely with full flaps and you can keep the nose up when landing. The jet wash from each fan goes directly over the top of the elevators, which exaggerate the effect when nose heavy requiring more up trim, but when flying slow, very little jet wash and it looses it's ability t to keep the nose up. If you balance it at least starting around 86mm and work your way back, when you cut the throttle it won't change attitude as much since it's more neutrally balanced. Just a thought.
                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• I am in the same predicament with the paint scheme and decals. VERY MESSED UP!! It was always advertised for its customizability and then this change. The reason I am ticked off - THEY ARE CRAZY HARD TO REMOVE!!! WHY did they do this?

Any suggestions on how to even grab a corner of the decal to pull it off. Don't care if paint comes off as I am painting 100th anniversary scheme on it, but the decals are KILLING ME. Trying to use a bit water next. Anyone have suggestions? Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by rkh_78 View Post
                              I am in the same predicament with the paint scheme and decals. VERY MESSED UP!! It was always advertised for its customizability and then this change. The reason I am ticked off - THEY ARE CRAZY HARD TO REMOVE!!! WHY did they do this?

Any suggestions on how to even grab a corner of the decal to pull it off. Don't care if paint comes off as I am painting 100th anniversary scheme on it, but the decals are KILLING ME. Trying to use a bit water next. Anyone have suggestions? Thanks!
                              Have you contacted Motion customer support and asked them? Mine purchased years ago came with no decals applied.

MIke

Comment

• Here is what I received back from Motion RC support regarding decals:

Re: Missing Decals [#T137069]

Inbox
                                Updates
                                Motion RC Support <support@motionrc.com>
                                Fri, Aug 12, 1:47 PM (19 hours ago)
                                Hi Gary,

Freewing recently made a change and now pre-installs the decals, they are no longer provided separately.

Best Regards,

Motion RC Customer Service
                                www.motionrc.com
                                www.hobbysquawk.com

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions. If not, please do not send another email. Instead, reply to this email or login to your account for a complete archive of all your support requests and responses.
                                ReplyForward

Comment

• Originally posted by rkh_78 View Post
                                  I am in the same predicament with the paint scheme and decals. VERY MESSED UP!! It was always advertised for its customizability and then this change. The reason I am ticked off - THEY ARE CRAZY HARD TO REMOVE!!! WHY did they do this?

Get some Micro Sol or a mixture of vinegar and water, you can brush it over the decals until they start to soften/slide or, soak a like sized paper towel in the solution and let it sit on the decal until it softens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koko View Post
                                    Hi All!

Thanks!
                                    Oh wow, that is the first time I heard this, I've had two of them so far and both came with no decals on them but had a decal sheet included, strange they would apply the decals that most may not want.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

Oh wow, that is the first time I heard this, I've had two of them so far and both came with no decals on them but had a decal sheet included, strange they would apply the decals that most may not want.
                                      it is so frustrating!! i was shocked, literally. I did not bother looking at that feature section in forever, always trusted that one of the cool advantages of this PNP was the customizability and now this. Even MotionRC's website still has the video bragging how it's YOUR CHOICE. Tim at MotionRC and another gentlemen were NOT helpful at all, collectively blaming FREEWING and there is nothing they can do. Also stated that it was the latest shipment that "suddenly" came with this and it was supposedly due to popular demand (we all love Georgia, but REALLY???)

Didn't even offer any support on how to go about this issue now. VERY DISAPPOINTED in their service as well.

Comment

• Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I used to hate it when a plane came and I had to put the decals on, wishing they'd just put the damn things on and be done with. Then, one day, I needed a fuselage for this A-10 and it came with the decals applied. It was great and I thought too bad the PNP didn't come this way. I think sales numbers would dictate how these things come now. Perhaps disappoint a few and give the many what they want. Either way, you're going to tick somebody off. But really, to be that emotionally distraught about it and calling it bad service because they can't or won't do anything about an "issue" (is it really an "issue"?) is just a bit over the top.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                          Different strokes for different folks, I guess. I used to hate it when a plane came and I had to put the decals on, wishing they'd just put the damn things on and be done with. Then, one day, I needed a fuselage for this A-10 and it came with the decals applied. It was great and I thought too bad the PNP didn't come this way. I think sales numbers would dictate how these things come now. Perhaps disappoint a few and give the many what they want. Either way, you're going to tick somebody off. But really, to be that emotionally distraught about it and calling it bad service because they can't or won't do anything about an "issue" (is it really an "issue"?) is just a bit over the top.
                                          Not sure why you cannot understand this. Some people like to customize. Obviously, you cannot relate. When a company is selling something for literally years and then gets new shipments that no longer offer customizability, than a little footnote under Features is indeed an issue. Videos should be taken down or changed as to not mislead people.

Next, I am talking about offering a solution. Since you're already "helpless" against Freewing, at least help pilots out. Water doesn't work, micro sol doesn't work, they are so engrained into the foam that it almost seems better to prime and just paint over it. But for MotionRC to literally offer no help and suggest "dealing with it" is not great customer service.

So, suggesting someone else is overreacting when they paid over $700 with shipping and expect a certain product, is a rather feeble attempt at defending them and hardly makes sense, unless you are personally invested in this company in one way or another.

Comment

Working...
                                          X