X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RAFALR30 View Post
    Gentlemen modelers, which version of the battery assembly will be the best for CG around 85-90mm? Batteries placed one above the other or one behind the other (necessary to disassemble the electronics board and install in other place).
    Guess it really doesn't matter, as long as you can get the CG that works for you. I personally prefer one in front of the other, distributes the weight more evenly, but then that requires you to unscrew the electronics board and then just use some velcro with one sticky side on the bottom of the board and on the place in the fuselage you put it, no biggy (and you can always remove it any time if you need to work on something). Although with one on top of the other, you'll also need to change the velcro straps to longer ones and use 2 (I used 2 on each even when locating them front to back). As long as you get them strapped down tight with no movement possible, it should be fine. I do think it's easier to keep them down tight with one in front of the other.
    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Hey guys, its been a few years since we last got a gaggle of six FW 80mm A10's all flying together at Terry Nitche's E-Jets event near Columbus Ohio at the TORKS club. I'd really like to see this happen again. Pete and I are coming, how about you Jetman? And there are several others from this group. Good deal at the local hotel. Its 6 weeks away, Sept 8-11. 900' paved runway! Here is a link to the event flyer: E-JETS-E-WARBIRDS-2022.pdf (torks.com) BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190907_105751.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	339.6 KB
ID:	351610
      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
        Hey guys, its been a few years since we last got a gaggle of six FW 80mm A10's all flying together at Terry Nitche's E-Jets event near Columbus Ohio at the TORKS club. I'd really like to see this happen again. Pete and I are coming, how about you Jetman? And there are several others from this group. Good deal at the local hotel. Its 6 weeks away, Sept 8-11. 900' paved runway! Here is a link to the event flyer: E-JETS-E-WARBIRDS-2022.pdf (torks.com) BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT!

Name:	20190907_105751.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	339.6 KB
ID:	351610
        OMG, talk about Heaven on Earth! Outstanding!!!!I'll take one of each please.
        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

OMG, talk about Heaven on Earth! Outstanding!!!!I'll take one of each please.
          Ah I finally found the video. From 2019, before the pandemic. We need to do this again!!! Who is coming? Let's set a new record!
          E-JETS AND E-WARBIRDS 2019 - YouTube

Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

Ah I finally found the video. From 2019, before the pandemic. We need to do this again!!! Who is coming? Let's set a new record!
            E-JETS AND E-WARBIRDS 2019 - YouTube

thanks for sharing - good day yesterday as well...

Comment

• Thanks again for everyone's input. Box arrived majorly delayed, but nothing damaged. Going to use airbrush for a custom paint scheme (either Alaska or 100th Anniversary). As I was inspecting the parts I thought about painting the plane unassembled? Would that work or actually cause consistency issues of sorts?

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0099.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	167.5 KB
ID:	352063
                I did mine before assembly.

Mike
                \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeT View Post

Name:	IMG_0099.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	167.5 KB
ID:	352063
                  I did mine before assembly.

Mike
                  Looks amazing! Thanks, Mike!

Comment

• Thanks. Also a great flyer. You'll love it.

Mike
                    \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• This is Todd's Freewing A-10 Thunderbolt II Super Scale Twin 80mm EDF Jet also known as the Freewing A-10 Warthog.

Comment

Working...
                      X