X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dusmmdb View Post
    Im new to this forum...... instead of reading 57 pages...... think ill just ask what kind of time frame are we looking at for release???? I have a Roban to build, but I think I would order this now if I could
    Pre-Order will be soon, I am not expecting release, shipment till May at the very earliest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jpinn View Post
      The Freewing does not have slats or decelerons for this model as has been said before. The deceleron is more than a split aileron. There's a second hinge aft of the aileron hinge. That way the mechanism always moves as an aileron even when the deceleron is opened.
      I fully understand the principle involved even though I'm not an aeronautical engineer.:Nerd: What I was attempting to talk about was how, in the context and limitations of a foam 1/10 scale model, to at least arrive at something approaching the form, if not the total function, of an operable deceleron. So, having said that, if your familiar with the way the split dive brakes work on an SBD Dauntless with angled pivoting divebrake struts attached to a sliding tube that runs horizontally back and forth along the dive brake root you could then use the sliding bar to control the decelerons while also using said sliding bar as a torque tube for aileron control via a servo horn, with swivels at both ends, so that the aileron control function could be actuated simaltaineously with the deceleron by attaching a second servo to the end of the extended sliding bar. I can post a picture of the Dauntless dive brake deployment arrangement and discuss this subject in much greater depth and detail if needed. Thanks, Brad

Comment

• Originally posted by Trobinson99 View Post

Pre-Order will be soon, I am not expecting release, shipment till May at the very earliest.
        Based on someone from MRC (too lazy to go look it up) saying they were going to China in a few weeks to oversee the final production of the plane AND that they won't open up the preorder until the container is on the water my money says it'll be the end of this month before we can pre-order. Our company receives containers from China all the time, the normal enroute time for us if 4 weeks, MRC has said theirs are 6 - 8 weeks (if I remember correctly) so a mid to late May delivery date seems likely to me.

Comment

• +1 on that dkalwishky, brad

Comment

• found a stockyard photo of Freewing factory lol
            www.TSHobbies.com
            Hobby Paint racks and acrylic display stands for collectibles.

Comment

• We'll be opening the pre-order this month, for now we're letting the Avanti have her week or two in the sun. ;) These aircraft are in full production. I suppose we could have announced this aircraft's existence three weeks before its arrival, like we did with the Tigercat, but with a larger and much more complex EDF like the A-10, we announced ~100 days mos before pre-order start to give customers adequate time to take a look at the prototype and give feedback while there was still time to implement before final production began. Things like the more scale nose strut, for example. The larger and more expensive an aircraft, the more rigorous the testing, as well, and given the rough runway capabilities of the model, and the high forces exerted on that 1700mm wing banking and cranking at near 100mph, we took our time making sure everything is right. It will be time well spent. As has been mentioned elsewhere, I will traveling back to Asia next week to oversee the final touches on production and when we're satisfied, we'll open the pre-order. Perhaps one more pay period, so save, save, save!

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Great photo, TSHobbies, you found us!!
                Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                  We'll be opening the pre-order this month, for now we're letting the Avanti have her week or two in the sun. ;) These aircraft are in full production. I suppose we could have announced this aircraft's existence three weeks before its arrival, like we did with the Tigercat, but with a larger and much more complex EDF like the A-10, we announced ~100 days mos before pre-order start to give customers adequate time to take a look at the prototype and give feedback while there was still time to implement before final production began. Things like the more scale nose strut, for example. The larger and more expensive an aircraft, the more rigorous the testing, as well, and given the rough runway capabilities of the model, and the high forces exerted on that 1700mm wing banking and cranking at near 100mph, we took our time making sure everything is right. It will be time well spent. As has been mentioned elsewhere, I will traveling back to Asia next week to oversee the final touches on production and when we're satisfied, we'll open the pre-order. Perhaps one more pay period, so save, save, save!
                  :Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool:

Comment

We'll be opening the pre-order this month, for now we're letting the Avanti have her week or two in the sun. ;) These aircraft are in full production. I suppose we could have announced this aircraft's existence three weeks before its arrival, like we did with the Tigercat, but with a larger and much more complex EDF like the A-10, we announced ~100 days mos before pre-order start to give customers adequate time to take a look at the prototype and give feedback while there was still time to implement before final production began. Things like the more scale nose strut, for example. The larger and more expensive an aircraft, the more rigorous the testing, as well, and given the rough runway capabilities of the model, and the high forces exerted on that 1700mm wing banking and cranking at near 100mph, we took our time making sure everything is right. It will be time well spent. As has been mentioned elsewhere, I will traveling back to Asia next week to oversee the final touches on production and when we're satisfied, we'll open the pre-order. Perhaps one more pay period, so save, save, save!
                    Thanks for the update.

Comment

• Originally posted by TSHobbies View Post
                      found a stockyard photo of Freewing factory lol
                      Don't be silly, that's just Alpha's backyard! LOL
                      My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

We'll be opening the pre-order this month, for now we're letting the Avanti have her week or two in the sun. ;)
                        Great news Alpha! Im probably in the minority of people who have zero interest in the Avanti, I'm excited to get the A-10 ordered and then the new bigger Spitfire.

Comment

• Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post

Great news Alpha! Im probably in the minority of people who have zero interest in the Avanti, I'm excited to get the A-10 ordered and then the new bigger Spitfire.
                          No your not the only one in the minority DK..........my only interest in the Avanti is as a TARGET cause there are only warbirds and then there are............................LOL
                          Warbird Charlie
                          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

No your not the only one in the minority DK..........my only interest in the Avanti is as a TARGET cause there are only warbirds and then there are............................LOL
                            My thoughts exactly :Cool:. :a10

Comment

Thanks for the update!! Gift cards and remaining account balance is at the ready! :Cool:

Comment

• dkalwishky, no we're on the same page with the Avanti. It's nice, but I'm more onto scale, semi scale Military aircraft. Thanks for the update Alpha! I'm ready along with a couple others.;)

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Alright Warbird C. That's my soon to be flying target you're talking about. LOL Got a phone call from Alpha today, actually my wife did, I let him know that we will be flying a pair of these Hogs at the Festival of Giants this year. He said "well, they do come in pairs you know". :a10

Comment

• i'm pretty sure we've got 4 definite buyers in our club and a couple of interested maybes. Looking forward to some group sorties this fall at the local fun-flys.

Comment

• Originally posted by TSHobbies View Post
                                      found a stockyard photo of Freewing factory lol
                                      It's what NEFI will look like this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by downwindleg View Post

I fully understand the principle involved even though I'm not an aeronautical engineer.:Nerd: What I was attempting to talk about was how, in the context and limitations of a foam 1/10 scale model, to at least arrive at something approaching the form, if not the total function, of an operable deceleron. So, having said that, if your familiar with the way the split dive brakes work on an SBD Dauntless with angled pivoting divebrake struts attached to a sliding tube that runs horizontally back and forth along the dive brake root you could then use the sliding bar to control the decelerons while also using said sliding bar as a torque tube for aileron control via a servo horn, with swivels at both ends, so that the aileron control function could be actuated simaltaineously with the deceleron by attaching a second servo to the end of the extended sliding bar. I can post a picture of the Dauntless dive brake deployment arrangement and discuss this subject in much greater depth and detail if needed. Thanks, Brad
                                        A flying friend of mine (a very skilled modeller and pilot) has incorporated decelerons on his LX A-10. Here's a link to his build:

Tom

Comment

• Originally posted by davecee View Post
                                          i'm pretty sure we've got 4 definite buyers in our club and a couple of interested maybes. Looking forward to some group sorties this fall at the local fun-flys.
                                          There will be at least two appearing at the Sarasota RC Squadron when they come out. One will be mine, the other Steve's. (And that's just the two definite ones that I know of). Chances are after they are seen flying more will be wanting one but will most likely have to wait for the next batch to arrive. :a10 4 ever.

My YouTube Videos https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrz...4Q-xrOOtP2C-8w

Comment

Working...
                                          X