Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey mshagg, you have given an incentive to take my backup A10 out of mothballs and set it up with the 90mm fans you have mentioned. It will be right beside my stock 80mm version and using RT6250's, the flight times are expected to be even more generous. Nice combination you have given, now if i can find two of those AF fans/motor units or the old standard FW fans before they went to the HP versions.

Update.....looks like I’m in business as I have a set of fans coming and DD is bringing me a set of the modded 90mm nozzles to the Jet Jam this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by iflyrjs View Post
      Thank you everyone I did find it on Amazon. hoping to see the 3D-printed plastic pod that mounts on a FW weapons pylon on Thingiverse.
      Here you go.... Sleekpod for Insta360 GO camera by Foaminatthemouth - Thingiverse
      Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Hi All, Just finishing mine up, hope to maiden it soon. I will be using 5000 mah packs. Wondering if the plane balances okay with each pack on the trays ? I thought I had read (somewhere) that some people were relocating the Circuit Module to get it to balance ???

Thanks. Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by Balsa Bob View Post
          Hi All, Just finishing mine up, hope to maiden it soon. I will be using 5000 mah packs. Wondering if the plane balances okay with each pack on the trays ? I thought I had read (somewhere) that some people were relocating the Circuit Module to get it to balance ???

Thanks. Bob
          I had to shove the board on mine as far back against the rear bulkhead so that the batteries would both fit back there.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
            I had to shove the board on mine as far back against the rear bulkhead so that the batteries would both fit back there.
            Thanks xviper, Did you put both batteries back there .... and not use the forward tray above the nose gear for one of the batteries ?

Comment

• Balsa Bob I moved the board rearward. I'm using the Admiral 5000mah packs, one on each shelf. Some, that are using heavier packs, had to stack them on the rear shelf in order to get the desired CG.

Comment

Hi All, Just finishing mine up, hope to maiden it soon. I will be using 5000 mah packs. Wondering if the plane balances okay with each pack on the trays ? I thought I had read (somewhere) that some people were relocating the Circuit Module to get it to balance ???

Thanks. Bob
                Hey Bob, place the batteries so you can balance somewhere around 90mm. The manual calls for the CG at 78mm, but IMO (and I think most others) that's way too nose heavy, making landings somewhat difficult and potentially having the nose wheel touch first and cause the "Dreaded Bucking Bronco". I found that it flies exceptional, for me anyway, around 93mm back (and that's still no where near being tail heavy, in fact, just barely nose heavy). I'm using 2 RT 6250 mah batteries (get over 5 minutes of flight time) weighing 794 gr, so just like xviper, I removed the circuit board from the back of the rear tray and stuck it on the side fuselage on the port side. The front battery is about 1/3rd hanging over the end of the front battery tray.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200926_152819.jpg Views:	0 Size:	76.7 KB ID:	315393Click image for larger version  Name:	20200821_162454.jpg Views:	0 Size:	105.3 KB ID:	315394
                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Thanks xviper, Did you put both batteries back there .... and not use the forward tray above the nose gear for one of the batteries ?
                  Yes, both batteries are back there, actually touching each other.

Comment

• Is anyone using a Spektrum AR630 receiver? If so, can you pls share you experience and where you mounted the receiver?

Comment

• Do the armament pylons and/or the armaments need to be glued in place .... or do they stay in place okay ?

Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by salali View Post
                        Is anyone using a Spektrum AR630 receiver? If so, can you pls share you experience and where you mounted the receiver?
                        I have my receiver mounted inverted under the canopy release button. Tried the 3D receiver/gyro shelf, but liked this location better. I upgraded from the AR6030T to an AR637T. Those should be the same size as yours.

Comment

Do the armament pylons and/or the armaments need to be glued in place .... or do they stay in place okay ?

Bob
                          I didn't glue mine on, but after 4 years of taking the ordinance off and on for transport, the plastic has wore down to the point of when I land on a grass field, it is a guess of which weapons are going to slide off when landing due to the sudden deceleration.

Comment

• Originally posted by rlcamden View Post

I didn't glue mine on, but after 4 years of taking the ordinance off and on for transport, the plastic has wore down to the point of when I land on a grass field, it is a guess of which weapons are going to slide off when landing due to the sudden deceleration.
                            Thanks for the response. I'd be very very happy to have mine loosen up after 4 years !

Bob

Comment

• Hello. I flew my first flight and this plane is really nice and stable. Very nice model.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• I purchased the 'upgraded' landing gear main struts. When I lowered the stock gear and got a closer look a them .... they seem very robust and may even perhaps be stronger than the ones I purchased. The stock ones even have a trailing-link type of feature that I like. I guess I'm not exactly sure where the 'upgrade' is on the ones I purchased ......

Bob

Comment

• Hey guys, I’m about to pull the trigger a new EDF. I am currently deciding between this, and the freewing SU-35. Both seem so cool! I like the maneuverability of the SU-35 but the A-10 looks so good in the air. How many of you guys have gone with a 90mm setup on this plane? Is it worth it over the stock 80mm? Do you have to run 8s if you go to the 90mm?

Comment

• Originally posted by AndrewF View Post
                                    Hey guys, I’m about to pull the trigger a new EDF. I am currently deciding between this, and the freewing SU-35. Both seem so cool! I like the maneuverability of the SU-35 but the A-10 looks so good in the air. How many of you guys have gone with a 90mm setup on this plane? Is it worth it over the stock 80mm? Do you have to run 8s if you go to the 90mm?
                                    I had two so far, both 80mm, they fly great as is out of the box, I personally thing its a waist of money, I don't see the reason really for the extra power, I mean it will loop and roll and do just about anything you want all stock, the extra beans may be nice, but how fast do you need to go,,,,

Comment

• Originally posted by DCORSAIR View Post

I had two so far, both 80mm, they fly great as is out of the box, I personally thing its a waist of money, I don't see the reason really for the extra power, I mean it will loop and roll and do just about anything you want all stock, the extra beans may be nice, but how fast do you need to go,,,,
                                      that’s a good point. It’s not meant to be a racer. Plus, the 90mm fan setups are pretty pricey too.

Comment

I purchased the 'upgraded' landing gear main struts. When I lowered the stock gear and got a closer look a them .... they seem very robust and may even perhaps be stronger than the ones I purchased. The stock ones even have a trailing-link type of feature that I like. I guess I'm not exactly sure where the 'upgrade' is on the ones I purchased ......

Bob
                                        So the upgraded gear are not really an "upgrade" per se. The stock mains are trailing link type, but the nose is scissor type. If you buy the "upgraded" mains, then all your gear will be the scissor link type. If you buy just the "upgraded" nose gear, then all gear will be the trailing link type.

What happened was that originally the plane was to come with all trailing link type gear. But after posting pictures of the forthcoming plane, a lot of the scale nazis complained that the nose gear did not look right, so they went with a scissor link strut instead, but left the mains as trailing link. What many people found out is that the mains would give on landing, but the nose would bounce back up as it was stiffer and would get you into the dreaded bunny hop. So they then offered these "upgrades" so that you could make the gear all of one type.
                                        Pat

Comment

• Originally posted by AndrewF View Post
                                          Hey guys, I’m about to pull the trigger a new EDF. I am currently deciding between this, and the freewing SU-35. Both seem so cool! I like the maneuverability of the SU-35 but the A-10 looks so good in the air. How many of you guys have gone with a 90mm setup on this plane? Is it worth it over the stock 80mm? Do you have to run 8s if you go to the 90mm?
                                          If you get this, stick with stock. There is absolutely no need to upgrade to 90mm on this one. Like DC said, it flies fantastic right out of the box, and upgrading to 90mm is just a waste of money.
                                          Pat

Comment

Working...
                                          X